Better Call Saul -- Season 3 Fring-ing The Gang Back Together Again

SpaceChampion

Did Vince ever say how many years he anticipated BCS would run?  I'm having a hard time seeing how they are going to stretch out Chuck using the tape/B&E to get Jimmy to stop practicing law under his own name.  I will be interested to what finally happens to Chuck...it seems that from BB, Jimmy doesn't get Chuck's money, which would mean Chuck is probably still alive?  He might be institutionalized.  Seems like something major will have to happen to him though.

general sentiment seems to be that something tipped Gus off even before Jimmy dove into the trash can, which is why the bag was never delivered

perhaps he saw Jimmy moving to a booth closer to his bagman, and came out to give a signal to walk away

51 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Yeah Jimmy was being super obvious and someone as careful as Gus would've noticed him in a second. 

One of my two complaints about the episode.  They played Jimmy's behavior WAY over the top.  you don't have to beat me over the head with this.

The other is the PI/witness stuff.  That feels pretty forced to me.

I'm starting to actually get a bit of a bad feeling about this show.

The Mike stuff is still solid, but even there, they are going to the 'strong, no dialogue Mike shot' a little often for my taste.

I thought the PI/witness was classic Chuck, there are no lengths he won't go to in order to confirm his negative view of his brother, and unfortunately, Jimmy always accommodates him by doing exactly whatever bad thing he expects him to do.

I've actually so far liked the first two episodes better than a lot of last season, but I'm really sad to see that it's not gaining an audience. 

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I thought the PI/witness was classic Chuck, there are no lengths he won't go to in order to confirm his negative view of his brother, and unfortunately, Jimmy always accommodates him by doing exactly whatever bad thing he expects him to do. 

Thought it was funny that he was like "I know my brother! He will try and destroy the tape under the cover of darkness" then Jimmy starts banging on the front door :lol: 

Chuck is the worst

Just now, Mark Antony said:

Thought it was funny that he was like "I know my brother! He will try and destroy the tape under the cover of darkness" then Jimmy starts banging on the front door :lol: 

Chuck is the worst

Chuck is an asshole, but he IS always right about Jimmy, time and time again Jimmy confirms Chuck's view of him, I love how twisted their relationship is.  Jimmy had his chance, but he can't play it straight, ever, and what he did to Chuck w/the address was pretty awful.  

16 minutes ago, The Monkey said:

The man that Mike was following in the beginning of the episode: what was he doing before swinging by Los Pollos? Just visiting random dead-drops unrelated to the story, or what?

Doing the same job that Mike/Jesse end up with in BB... picking up dead drops for Gus. iirc

4 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Did Vince ever say how many years he anticipated BCS would run?

I remember reading an interview where he (or Gould) mentioned that they envision BCS to have a similar number of episodes as BB, so five seasons I guess.

3 hours ago, Consigliere said:

I remember reading an interview where he (or Gould) mentioned that they envision BCS to have a similar number of episodes as BB, so five seasons I guess.

That seems like a lot for this story. 

I'm staying on the sidelines of this season.  I'll binge watch it when it's finished if it actually improved on S2. 

On 4/19/2017 at 2:11 PM, Consigliere said:

Maybe they hope for that, but there's no guarantee AMC will let them. Remember how AMC jerked around Mad Men and Breaking Bad with renewals? AMC still hasn't given any word on a S4 yet. My guess, and hope, is Gilligan has a clause in his contract that if they don't renew for a full season he can at least do a truncated followup season to wrap up the show. 

On 4/19/2017 at 1:22 PM, Swordfish said:

One of my two complaints about the episode.  They played Jimmy's behavior WAY over the top.  you don't have to beat me over the head with this.

To be fair, Jimmy is a lawyer, and not a particularly amazing one at that.  He's really more of a con man than anything, and he likely doesn't have experience tailing guys or trying to stealthily monitor them.  It's not really in his wheelhouse. 

On 19/04/2017 at 6:22 PM, Swordfish said:

The other is the PI/witness stuff.  That feels pretty forced to me.

I'm starting to actually get a bit of a bad feeling about this show.

The Mike stuff is still solid, but even there, they are going to the 'strong, no dialogue Mike shot' a little often for my taste.

Well like almost every scene on the show it was probably a minute or two too long, which made Jimmy do some pretty over the top 'spying'. Still I found it tense and enjoyable. I do wish the show was a little bit tighter in its use of time though. They probably could do 6 seasons at this pace, with enough story for only 3. 

Seems like Jimmy is pretty well fcuked. He either does a stretch or is forced to quit the bar. I don't think Chuck wants him in prison, just out of the law.

The thing is, how did Chuck and Howard know that Ernesto would get the info to Jimmy?

2 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Seems like Jimmy is pretty well fcuked. He either does a stretch or is forced to quit the bar. I don't think Chuck wants him in prison, just out of the law.

The thing is, how did Chuck and Howard know that Ernesto would get the info to Jimmy?

I realised that Chuck must have set the tape up to start playing for Ernesto somehow and just assumed that Ernesto wasn't to be trusted so would go to Jimmy with the information. 

Two decent episodes to start out but not great. I don't mind the slow pacing, hopefully they're building towards something fulfilling. It would benefit enormously from a bit more humour and perhaps even some action... two bickering siblings and their constant tit for tatting is becoming rather stale

The guy dropped off what was in the bag on the floor just before Gus came around and swept it up. I'd put money down on thats what happened. 

Or we or getting an overly drawn out plot where Gus is aware of everything. I like the show a lot but it definitely needs to move faster. Killing time to get 5-6 seasons is one of the worst things about TV. 

Archived