Better Call Saul -- Season 3 Fring-ing The Gang Back Together Again

SpaceChampion

10 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Then that should fail, shouldn't it, because they already said that everyone on the bar committee is a pal of Chuck's or whose career was made by Chuck....so even if they think Chuck has gone nuts....it seems unlikely they would side w/his criminal brother?  Howard still defers to Chuck even though he knows Chuck is out of his mind.

Agreed that's how it's been set up, from my point of view.  Kim & Jimmy seem to have some plan up their sleeves to sway them.  Looking forward to the showdown!

ETA:  Re:  Jimmy -> Saul.  Since Saul stays in the same city as his Jimmy days, the name change has to be unrelated to his criminal activities, yes?  Everyone in the courts would still know him... so the only thing I can see at this point is that somehow Howard/Chuck leverage him into it.

If the contact info was indeed his wife, my guess is that she'll show up and tell her story about how Chuck slowly went crazy and how she was forced to leave, and that will be the final nail in the coffin supporting Jimmy's version of the story.  He lied to make his crazy brother feel better, but then found out that his brother recorded his lies and got angry, which led to him confronting Chuck in a moment of anger that he has already apologized for publicly and settled legally.

Chuck may be friends with the bar committee, but it's not going to be hard to paint him as an insane person.  I think the goal here is to make the committee feel sorry for him, which will ruin his reputation.

1 hour ago, briantw said:

If the contact info was indeed his wife, my guess is that she'll show up and tell her story about how Chuck slowly went crazy and how she was forced to leave, and that will be the final nail in the coffin supporting Jimmy's version of the story.  He lied to make his crazy brother feel better, but then found out that his brother recorded his lies and got angry, which led to him confronting Chuck in a moment of anger that he has already apologized for publicly and settled legally.

Chuck may be friends with the bar committee, but it's not going to be hard to paint him as an insane person.  I think the goal here is to make the committee feel sorry for him, which will ruin his reputation.

But why would the copy shop guy continue to go along with such a lie?  And for that matter, why would Ernesto, he would have to perjure himself?  And, lastly, if Ernesto lies, Kim would know it, thus fully cementing her personal breaking bad by suborning perjury....I hope this isn't how the case is resolved.  I know most people hate Chuck, but Jimmy winning this in any kind of a legal sense is something I find unrealistic, his brother may be crazy, but he's a much better lawyer than Jimmy or Saul and is portrayed to be a titan of NM legal circles.  I will totally hate that if the show goes that way.

1 minute ago, Cas Stark said:

But why would the copy shop guy continue to go along with such a lie?  And for that matter, why would Ernesto, he would have to perjure himself?  And, lastly, if Ernesto lies, Kim would know it, thus fully cementing her personal breaking bad by suborning perjury....I hope this isn't how the case is resolved.  I know most people hate Chuck, but Jimmy winning this in any kind of a legal sense is something I find unrealistic, his brother may be crazy, but he's a much better lawyer than Jimmy or Saul and is portrayed to be a titan of NM legal circles.  I will totally hate that if the show goes that way.

Does the copy shop guy actually know what Jimmy was doing?  He could easily make up any number of excuses for being at the copy shop.  The same question applies to Ernesto.  Did he actually see what Jimmy was doing, or just that he was at the copy shop?  Neither guy would have to commit perjury if all they say is that they knew Jimmy was at the shop but not what he was doing.  Jimmy could easily spin this as Chuck's conspiracy-driven psychosis once again painting him in a terrible light, and no doubt Jimmy will have some other copies that he's made at a different store to showcase, which will continue to paint the picture that Chuck is losing his mind. 

Also the legal/criminal issue has been resolved.  All that's left is the bar hearing which...I don't know, can you subpoena testimony for that sort of thing?

30 minutes ago, briantw said:

Does the copy shop guy actually know what Jimmy was doing?  He could easily make up any number of excuses for being at the copy shop.  The same question applies to Ernesto.  Did he actually see what Jimmy was doing, or just that he was at the copy shop?  Neither guy would have to commit perjury if all they say is that they knew Jimmy was at the shop but not what he was doing.  Jimmy could easily spin this as Chuck's conspiracy-driven psychosis once again painting him in a terrible light, and no doubt Jimmy will have some other copies that he's made at a different store to showcase, which will continue to paint the picture that Chuck is losing his mind. 

I would find it way too ironic that Jimmy happens to be at the copy shop.....and that Chuck happens to accuse him of changing the numbers....and then Jimmy confesses to same on tape.....and then breaks into Chuck's house to get the tape.....  Those circumstances look much more like Jimmy was gaslighting his brother, than that Chuck imagined it all and Jimmy conveniently does all the things he would do if he were guilty only to 'humor' his crazy brother.  

I believe Chuck's demise will be as a direct result of something Jimmy does...but the bar hearing as the nexus seems too predicable and not dark enough.

One potential end to this is Jimmy showing his hand to Chuck and getting Chuck to agree to change his story so to speak in exchange for Jimmy not using the McGill name.

So say Jimmy has all this evidence that shows just how bad Chuck has gotten, including his own ex wifes testimony. Chuck may not want all his friends on the panel to know his dirty laundry and may agree to drop it if Jimmy is no longer a McGill. It would explain the name change and how he is still practicing law.

Stranger scenario but heck, Jimmy could even go to a doctor and have Chuck committed before the panel even convenes. If he does that and is still his legal guardian then he could truly break bad. 

I thought he was going to end up committed last season, and I am sure he is either committed or dead by the time of BB.  

I've always found it interesting that no one except for Don Elado? down in Mexico is really appearing to benefit from their crimes. Everyone is so busy covering their tracks that nobody is living the high life.  

11 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I thought he was going to end up committed last season, and I am sure he is either committed or dead by the time of BB.  

I've always found it interesting that no one except for Don Elado? down in Mexico is really appearing to benefit from their crimes. Everyone is so busy covering their tracks that nobody is living the high life.  

Gus seems to lead a pretty good life.  We saw his house in Breaking Bad and he was obviously pretty well off.  He's not exactly living the high life but he's comfortable, and he probably could have been more so had he been more focused on enjoying life and less on exacting revenge.

I figured Kim had taped Chuck and Hamlin. It's been established that AZ is a one party consent state. Chuck basically said that he would play the tape to his Bar Association friends no matter what. The things said there would probably be enough to get Chuck  and maybe even Hamlin disbarred too. 

Speculation for the remainder of the season

There will be some talk about the McGill name, and Jimmy will become Saul at the end of the season. Kim will be disbarred when Chuck tells the bar something about her. Jimmy will be furious but Chuck will point out that he never even thought of her when they made their deal. What happens to Chuck depends on how dark of a character they want to make Saul. Fourth and final season is half Breaking Bad epilogue

On 5/2/2017 at 0:31 AM, Bridgeburners said:

I wonder, how has Gus managed to stay under the radar for all those years, when there's constantly sketchy cartel-looking guys coming into the restaurant asking for him? At the very least there should be rumors circulating all over the place that Los Pollos is a cartel hot spot.

It's clearly not something that happened "constantly" he has to explain it to his employees. It's likely that nothing else like that happened between that episode and the start of Breaking Bad.

Another outstanding episode. There was a promise that the hearing episode would be something great, a promise that may have put expectations too high, but Gilligan and the rest pulled it off and delivered greatness.

Yeah that was pretty intense.

"He defecated through a sunroof" :lol: I kinda miss how funny the show was in season one.

Missed Mike though no lie, show really feels like two separate shows a lot of the time.  

Gilligan and the rest pulled it off and delivered greatness

Mckean was so good.

As much as I like BCS and A Few Good Men, I always think it's a cheap plot device for the protagonist to win a court case because he successfully made the witness explode on the stand. The cheapness of it is even exacerbated by the way Jimmy and Kim acted like they had the case in the bag, at the end of the last episode. I have a hard time believing that something like that could ever work.

10 minutes ago, Bridgeburners said:

As much as I like BCS and A Few Good Men, I always think it's a cheap plot device for the protagonist to win a court case because he successfully made the witness explode on the stand. The cheapness of it is even exacerbated by the way Jimmy and Kim acted like they had the case in the bag, at the end of the last episode. I have a hard time believing that something like that could ever work.

not sure Jimmy/Kim were counting on the outburst, just the battery proving that Chuck had a serious enough mental condition that would make Jimmy concerned enough to make up the story on the tape

Archived