Sansas ending

The Exiled Septa

So i was wondering about Sansas ending and there was this theory that i havent seen anywhere and i find it very possible.(and  enjoyable as well.)

First of all for me(i put it in bolt becouse many will contradicte m if not :D) Sansa is a preety useless character.When i think of her contribution to the asoiaf i realise that she is like an outsider.Except for some minor cases  she is constantly exploited by others and she doesnt interfere with the general plot.She would be like the ideal character to be killed by George just so he could spite us (bad George)but thats not the case.On the contary GRRM focuses really hard on her storyline and he stubbornly keeps her alive and kicking.

So the only logical explaination for me is that in the end although somewhat predictable Sansa would become the queen ...or maybe not.Regardless of the outcome what i really want to focus on is with whom she will end up being married.

I believe that she will end up with Tyrion and not by any force it will be completely her decision.

I dont have any concrete proof to justifie this theory but it will be so mindfuck and GRRM if it happened

George is unpredictable and he likes to change the ambitions and priorities of his characters and what a better example than Sansa?

Lets look at the facts:

We have a young naive Sansa at the beginning of the books whose only goal in life is marrying a handsome, clever ,charming,gallant ,strong........bla bla bla man or just a handsome man on the condition he is  a prince ofcourse.

As the time flies by however with her impresonment at the red keep she is noticably starting to change.A change that is more prominent on her chapter at the winds of winter

In this chapter Sansa learns that she will marry Harry the heir one of  the most desired and renown men in the  Vale.Now you would expect her reaction to involve a lot of happiness and relief for after years of torments and hardships her dream would come true.Instead( althouht she does admit he is handsome) she is more focused on his rude behaviour and philandering ways that his appearance.

This chapter alone is a strong evidence that Sansa is not the same girl that she was at the beginning .Her character is changed and as a result so are her opinions and priorites.

I dont see why George would do that just so she will end with a handsome and frivolous young lord.She is not the same silly girl who would be content with that.I think she will realise  that what truly matters is the inward beauty and not the outward beauty and therefore she will finally accept Tyrion as her husband.

I can just know envision it!--- can you????  If not tell me why and if you can envision it but you still dont want to happen.... again tell me why!would you like some different ending for our little dove and if yes share it with me:D

**Again sorry for the mistakes ....english it not my mother tongue**

21 minutes ago, Valedina said:

I can just know envision it!--- can you????  If not tell me why and if you can envision it but you still dont want to happen.... again tell me why!would you like some different ending for our little dove and if yes share it with me

George wants to surprise his readers but he's obsessive with plot set up and logical cause-effect.  Sansa becoming queen makes no sense.  I do not see it happening.  I do not want it to happen.  I am ok with Sansa becoming lady of winterfell but that's as far as I would like to see her get.  I don't like Sansa.  She is one of the more annoying people in this story.  Sansa is far too incompetent to even wait on tables at Denny's much less rule anything.

[mod] A general thread warning: It's OK to not like a character. But hateful commentary is not OK, and we've seen time and again that people cannot discuss Sansa without being misogynistic hateful jerks. So, when you respond to the OP, please keep your commentary classy and non-sexist. Failure to do so could result in your post being deleted and your posting privileges revoked. Thank you. [/mod]

I like Sansa as a character, she is one of the major characters that has shown development and growth.  It's because of that that the whole "Harry the Heir" plotline doesn't appeal to me in the least.  She is once again simply someone's puppet, in this case Little Finger's.  Plus I have to say that with two books to go, Book 6 and &, I really want to start seeing things wrap up instead of long plotlines being developed that don't seem to go anywhere (like most of the Dorne stuff, especially Quentyn and Company, Tyrion and Penny as slaves cleaning up their master, most of Meereen).  That I fear is what is happening to Sansa's plotline. 

I do not see Sansa's arc heading towards the throne.  Sure she wants it and she daydreams about it.  But she doesn't have the qualities needed by a capable ruler.  It's not impossible.  This is fiction after all.  I suppose if George wants to sink Westeros and really put the country in a desperate situation he could put Sansa on the throne and let her drive the country to the brink of ruin.  Sansa's rule would be worse than Robert's. 

She will be Tyrion's queen and end the series as queen dowager, the pragmatic more ruthless voice on the shoulder of a weak king to offset the more benevolent and fanciful voice of the queen on his other.

I think one reason Sansa is there is to portray the realistic lot of a medieval noblewoman. Most women were forced to accept their fate in a passive way, with few options, so this attitude is difficult for us moderns to like. Although they may be taught sewing, manners, and basic household management their main job was to marry as they were directed and produce heirs, although birthing could easily lead to their death. Any real disobedience was considered sinful and worthy of punishment. Sansa is more Romantic than most and we see the change in her from ill treatment to a less naive stance and we do not know how far this very young teen will go.

What is missing from the RL medieval times is the hours she would be spending in prayer, and the absorption of the idea that woman are not fit to do anything besides have children, and that they are the cause of all the evil in the world, or that sex is evil on its own, without procreation. Actually, she is lacking in the area of self reflection, partially because of trauma, and being in survivor mode, and partly upbringing.

I for some reason believe that Sansa will have something to do with the Mountain Clans/Widlings in the Vale.

We know that since Timmet son of Timmet has returned to the Vale, the Mountain Clans, specifically the Burned Men, are better armed and bolder than ever. What's to stop Timmet from attacking the Gates of the Moon and maybe meeting and recognise Sansa? Maybe he will take her and make her his wife?

Isn't anyone realising that Sansa has finally become aware of what really matters? Yes, she is still a captive of Littlefinger, however this time, she realises the truth and is also aware of LF's soft spot. She is no longer just being influenced, but she herself is also influencing and intriging. Not only LF, but also Sweetrobin, Harry the Heir and even Myranda Royce.

I believe that Sansa will realise that Harry the Heir will not be a suitable match for her, and she will not be dependant on LF, Harry or anyone else when she finally decides to reveal her true identity. Instead, she will show that LF is responsible for the death of Lysa, Jon Arryn and a lot more people, causing his downfall and her being free at last.

Sansa Stark had many great tutors throughout her life. People who had used different tactics and ended up victims of the same thing

In Winterfell she had her mother as tutor. As a pure bred Tully, Cat taught her the art of diplomacy and to look composed, irrespective of what’s being thrown at you. That served her well in KL were she became the plaything of a spoiled king.  In KL she had Cersei Lannister who taught that a woman can become stronger to a king if she uses her tools well. At the Vale she witnessed first-hand through her aunt how someone as insignificant as Littlefinger could make the most powerful person at the Vale dance to his tunes because of love.

Her three tutors were all victims of two things
a-    A man dominating world, were even the queen was nothing but a glorified baby maker, easy prey to her husband and her son
b-    Love. Cersei could assassinate the best warrior of her generation but was powerless when facing her spoiled son. Lysa could raise a 40k army but ended up killed by some third rated Lord from the fingers. Cat’s love towards her son caused the war and her love towards her daughter costed Robb’s campaign

I can see Sansa manipulating LF in making her heir to Harrenhal and LP role of the Riverlands. Once that is achieved she’ll expose him infront all the Knights of the Vale which would cost him his head and would win her support from the Vale. She will use that force to first release the Riverlands from Lannister forces and then to give a help to JS in releasing the North. By doing so she will cause her Uncle Edmure’s death which in turn would facilitate her claim to the Riverlands.

I she will survive the GOT series but she would never marry or have children of her own. She will simply adopt Edmure’s child whom she will name as heir and raise as her own without being bound to the emotional attachment that a mother would have to her offspring. 

Sansa is not going to outsmart anybody.  I don't think that's in the cards for her.  She is that person who sabotages her own goals.  You know the type.  For her to change and become someone else would defeat her purpose in the story.  She provides variety.  It takes all kinds to people the world of ice and fire.  

I do not believe she will become the lady of Casterly Rock.  Tyrion's appearance is just too much of a turn-off for Sansa and I think that part of her will not change.  She will make the wrong choice over and over again.  She won't be queen.  Not queen of the seven kingdoms and not queen of the north.  

What I can see her doing is this.  She will attach herself to the heir.  She will murder Sweet Robyn to make room for her handsome husband to advance.   Another decision that will turn out badly for her in the end.  

I'm half tempted to just sit back and continue reading the posts in this thread. Because it is truly fascinating how varied people's opinions of Sansa's role are. And I can see from reading these posts how easy it must have been for the show writers to end up thinking her character is not important in her own right, and so they can just move her around as a facilitator to other characters story lines. (am I ok, making that comparison? I haven't mentioned any show spoilers. Just passed comment on their use of the character) It seems that a lot of people when they read about her miss so much, and that opinions formed early on can become deeply fixed in many readers heads. Not to mention the tendency to dismiss her as anything other than a prize for Tyrion/fAegon/Jon/Insert favourite male character here. 

Sansa has her own storyline. She has her own strengths, weaknesses and desires. And a huge part of her story is about finding those things for herself. She has learnt many lessons, some have been very hard, others have been about simply taking the blinkers off and losing her childish naivety.  Sansa has used her wits to stay alive; despite having been in an extremely perilous situation in KL.  And she is now using them to facilitate getting back her home and her name. She's utilising LF's feelings for her as best she can, she doesn't yet know when the big break will come, or how to engineer it. But she's playing along and biding her time and eventually, she'll get her hearts desire. To go home. 

I think in the end she'll kill LF. It's been foreshadowed pretty heavily. And I don't think she'll be anyones Queen. She especially won't be "realising she should look beyond his looks" and taking Tyrion back as her husband.  She'll go north with LF, where she will be ruling lady of WF for a short time. During that time LF will help her financially in restoring the castle believing he will get her hand in marriage and thus rule the North, the Vale & the Riverlands. But either he'll try to force himself on her (the giant attempting to forcibly come into the snow castle) Or Jon will arrive at WF once he hears Sansa is there in order to ask for help fighting the others and feeding the NW/Wildling alliance. And with him is Jeyne/Jeyne has told him everything that happened to her and she learnt in LF's brothels. And he will convey that to Sansa, at which point she'll have him arrested and behead him/Jon will on her say so.  His head will end up adorning her gatehouse walls. If it is the first scenario and he attempts to force himself on her. She'll have him arrested and executed for that. Then Jon arrives and asks for help.  I prefer the idea of her doing it because she finds out the truth from Jeyne. But have to admit the snow castle scene implies the other scenario. 

I too am a Sansa fan, though it only happened on rereads that I discovered how intelligent and strong she really is. She has grown significantly since the first book.  She seems reluctant to marry, believing that most suitors are likely to want her for her claim to Winterfell.  I expect her to use her marriage to Tyrion as a blocking maneuver to prevent this.  I don't see her marrying Harry.  I don't she particularly likes him or trusts him.

I fully expect her to kill Littlefinger once she figures out what kind of person her really is and what he has done.  This could possibly involve info from Jeyne Poole, although I see Jeyne's story as more likely to be connected to Arya's, as I believe she is going to wind up in Braavos,  While in a preview chapter

she is headed to the Wall, I expect Jon will be either "dead" or comatose, and she will head on to Braavos

.  Eventually, though, she will either find out something about the past, or LF will do something she can't tolerate, and will be his demise.  I doubt it will be something as foolish and obvious as a rape attempt, though.

Ultimately, I believe Sansa, like the other Stark kids, will have a major role in the fight against the Others.  In her case, it will be political, probably rallying support and organizing things like evacuations and food distribution.   Ultimately, I see her in some sort of leadership capacity by the end, possibly as a Queen Consort of a region or something similar.  

The problem is that Tyrion is not a noble, selfless soul who just so happens to be unattractive. Dude is straight up ugly inside and out. 

Even if Sansa grows out of her supposed "shallow" phase (which, let's be real, is an outdated concept. Like, why would it be a crime to be attracted to physical beauty?) she would still have more than enough valid reasons for staying the hell away from Tyrion. 

11 hours ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

What I can see her doing is this.  She will attach herself to the heir.  She will murder Sweet Robyn to make room for her handsome husband to advance.   Another decision that will turn out badly for her in the end.  

And Sansa will get caught and get tossed out the Moon Door. 

She'll marry with Aegon to secure the north when he starts his cause. If the northen conspiracy is true, then Rickard or Jon will be warden of the north after the boltons are reppeled. But Sansa as a Stark and a female can marry someone from the south to increase the union of the kingdom. So Aegon can choose between Arianne Martell (to secure Dorne) or Sansa (to secure the north). That's her roll in the series.

Archived