Dany, blood of the Dragom?

PrinceHenryris

Aegon V was 1/4 Targaryen.  He was also  1/4 Martell and 1/2 Dayne.

He married a Blackwood.

So, Aegon V's kids were 1/8 Targaryen, 1/8 Martell, 2/8 Dayne, and 1/2 Blackwood.

Jaehyris II and Shaera, the same mix.

Aerys II and Rhaella, the same mix.

So, why is Dany the perfect Targaryen woman and the mother of dragons?

2 hours ago, PrinceHenryris said:

Aegon V was 1/4 Targaryen.  He was also  1/4 Martell and 1/2 Dayne.

He married a Blackwood.

So, Aegon V's kids were 1/8 Targaryen, 1/8 Martell, 2/8 Dayne, and 1/2 Blackwood.

Jaehyris II and Shaera, the same mix.

Aerys II and Rhaella, the same mix.

So, why is Dany the perfect Targaryen woman and the mother of dragons?

There are actually no pure bloods in terms of the bloodline.  The Targaryens of recent times have Arryn, Martell, Blackwood, and Dayne blood.  Aegon V's children married, and their children in turn married.  That makes Rhaegar, Viserys, and Daenerys as pure as possible given the possible marriage opportunities available.  Dany's coming has been long awaited and prophesied. She is Azor Ahai - the one who will wake dragons from stone; the prince that was promised. 

1 hour ago, 300 H&H Mag said:

There are actually no pure bloods in terms of the bloodline.  The Targaryens of recent times have Arryn, Martell, Blackwood, and Dayne blood.  Aegon V's children married, and their children in turn married.  That makes Rhaegar, Viserys, and Daenerys as pure as possible given the possible marriage opportunities available.  Dany's coming has been long awaited and prophesied. She is Azor Ahai - the one who will wake dragons from stone; the prince that was promised. 

I agree for the most part.  Daenerys is special.  It's a combination of what she was born with and the childhood experiences that helped her become the brave leader that she is today.  Reincarnation is a fact in aSoIaF and maybe Aegon the Conqueror, Daenys the Dreamer, Azor Ahai, and Daenerys are all the same soul.  

Yeah i call bullshit,she's as much blood of the dragon as any stark child is blood of the other/ice/winter,her dragon hatching is either a completely styled event by someone else or just blind dumb luck on her part,and of course  she could be the trope princess(if you can call that special) managing just because.

Just now, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Where have you read this? Because it isn't in the books.

Some theory somewhere,maybe reddit don't remember,it said the starks of ancient had married the others or some such and thats why there must always be a stark in winterfell...  Honestly i detested almost half the theories about whos the blood of that or that,they just seem so far fetched,like do we know for sure you need to be a targaryen/valyrian to tame/hatch dragons?

4 minutes ago, Tralalala said:

Some theory somewhere,maybe reddit don't remember,it said the starks of ancient had married the others or some such and thats why there must always be a stark in winterfell...  Honestly i detested almost half the theories about whos the blood of that or that,they just seem so far fetched,like do we know for sure you need to be a targaryen/valyrian to tame/hatch dragons?

Look at it this way.  If anyone could tame and ride dragons, the Valyrians would not have had a monopoly on them.  Don't you think the ancient Ghiscari slave masters tried to have their own dragons?  Sure they did.  They failed.  It also helps to have a little heat resistance.

Just now, Tralalala said:

Some theory somewhere,maybe reddit don't remember,it said the starks of ancient had married the others or some such and thats why there must always be a stark in winterfell... 

I am not if theories, with no text proof, count.

4 minutes ago, Tralalala said:

Honestly i detested almost half the theories about whos the blood of that or that,they just seem so far fetched,like do we know for sure you need to be a targaryen/valyrian to tame/hatch dragons?

I agree with that one.

Just now, Widowmaker 811 said:

If anyone could tame and ride dragons, the Valyrians would not have had a monopoly on them.

They didn't. We do know there were ancient Westerosi dragons.

21 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

They didn't. We do know there were ancient Westerosi dragons.

Sure dragons were widespread, but until proven otherwise, only the Valyrians were able to tame them and ride them.  So yeah, to answer Tralalala, yes, we do know that you need Valyrian-Targaryen blood to bond with dragons.  To be specific, you do not need to be Targaryen but you need to have Valyrian blood.  Dragons hatched naturally.  Taming and bonding is a different matter.

29 minutes ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

Sure dragons were widespread, but until proven otherwise, only the Valyrians were able to tame them and ride them.  So yeah, to answer Tralalala, yes, we do know that you need Valyrian-Targaryen blood to bond with dragons.  To be specific, you do not need to be Targaryen but you need to have Valyrian blood.  Dragons hatched naturally.  Taming and bonding is a different matter.

Nettles most likely wasn't a dragonspawn either.

1 hour ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Nettles most likely wasn't a dragonspawn either.

She lived on Dragonstone. Odds are she had Valyrian blood somewhere in her family history, else she wouldn't have been able to ride a dragon. She may not be descended from a Targ, but definitely from one Valyrian or another.

Just now, Adam Yozza said:

She lived on Dragonstone. Odds are she had Valyrian blood somewhere in her family history, 

Does everyone who lives in Dragonestone has to be a Valyrian?

1 minute ago, Adam Yozza said:

She may not be descended from a Targ, but definitely from one Valyrian or another.

And you know that how?

Actually, Daenerys is half Targaryen and half Blackwood, since her parents and her grandparents were full-blooded siblings, respectively, and since her great grandparents were Aegon Targaryen and Betha Blackwood. Since we don't know who Betha's mother was, we cannot say she is full-blooded Blackwood, and then go diluting Aegon’s Targaryen blood on the other side. 

No, No, No, she is not only mother of dragon, she is Daenerys Targaryen, First of Her Name, the unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lady of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, Lady Paramount of the Crownlands, Princess of Dragonstone, Queen of Meereen, and Khaleesi of the Great Green Sea, and mother of dragons

I just want to puke.  :bang:

3 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

For comparison, Jon is one-half Targaryen, one-quarter Stark, and one-eighth each Locke and Flint.

Wouldn't Jon be 1/4 Blackwood, 1/4 Targaryen, 1/4 Stark, and 1/8 Locke and Flint each? Or is that just too stoopid?

Not that I think the percentage of the blood mix means much in anyone's case.

2 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Wouldn't Jon be 1/4 Blackwood, 1/4 Targaryen, 1/4 Stark, and 1/8 Locke and Flint each? Or is that just too stoopid?

Not that I think the percentage of the blood mix means much in anyone's case.

We can't go back more than three generations since don't know who Arya Flint's parents were.

Just now, Lost Melnibonean said:

We can't go back more than three generations since don't know who Arya Flint's parents were.

I just meant that Rhaegar was also half Blackwood and he would have passed that on to Johan Freezeypants as well.

Archived