[Theory] Aerys was skinchanger

1 hour ago, Brandon Baratheon said:

I know that Aerys's condition was discussed a lot. Is it possible for Mad king to be warg like his relatives Brynden and Jon? His favorite phrase "Burn them all" may be related to the end of Others.

And the time spent in captivity could have unlocked his gift, so yes it's possible that he was a skinchanger/greenseer/dragon dreamer tho i'm not sure if his motto is connected to the others at all.

1 hour ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Ideas like this are guaranteed to sprout when there is over half a decade between books. Besides, you have to follow the old gods to be a skinchanger 

We should put this """""""""""theory""""""""""""" in the crackpot list.

5 hours ago, Brandon Baratheon said:

I know that Aerys's condition was discussed a lot. Is it possible for Mad king to be warg like his relatives Brynden and Jon? His favorite phrase "Burn them all" may be related to the end of Others.

And no. It's not a theory and it's not true. Stick to the book, and good speculation. Ask youself always "what it does to the story" "how it makes sense literally speaking?" "it's supported by anything at the book?"

Once again you disappointed this entire community with your badly written "theory" that seems to not have a second of thought in it. Nothing in skinchanging points to a genetic component, as in the books Ned, Catelyn, Lyanna, Rhaegar, Howland, none of Brynden's decendents or ancestors are skinchangers, so the fact that Brynden Rivers is one is a null argument. 

Secondly skinchanging has shown you solely have the senses of the animal or person (Bran in the Winterfell Godswood) you have skinchanged into and have control over them. So Aerys hearing voices doesn't point to skinchanging. If he was skinchanging into an animal he wouldn't understand speach. Therefore I assume you talk about greenseeing. I have to admit the difference is not that obvious. Still there's not a single piece of evidence supporting this notion. I'm curious why you didn't come to the established theory that someone that had abilities was messing with his mind, warning him about the Others. 

13 minutes ago, Ethelarion said:

Once again you disappointed this entire community with your badly written "theory" that seems to not have a second of thought in it. Nothing in skinchanging points to a genetic component, as in the books Ned, Catelyn, Lyanna, Rhaegar, Howland, none of Brynden's decendents or ancestors are skinchangers, so the fact that Brynden Rivers is one is a null argument. 

Hey dude, you don't need to be that harsh with the lad. He's just putting his thoughts on the internet. Leave him be. We all had that """""""""""""""theory"""""""""""""""" we wanted to share with everyone but we were afraid people would react badly.

You guys need to ease up a bit.

8 hours ago, Brandon Baratheon said:

There's nothing that indicates skinchanging for Aerys. Warging only applies to wolves. 

Brynden had what seems to be a major advantage of a Blackwood mother. Jon potentially gets Blackwood blood from both sides, and also has Stark blood (which might be important for skinchanging, as the Warg King's daughters might have produced the Stark bloodline as we know it).

We know from GRRM that the dragonbond isn't a skinchanging one. But since Aerys had no dragon, that probably doesn't matter. What does matter however is that Aerys has no bond animal. Nobody begins skinchanging without a bond animal.

As to skinchanging humans, there is no evidence that either Bloodraven or Jon has done this. Only Varamyr and Bran have, and Aerys wasn't related to either of them.

Burn them all could certainly have an extra meaning with regard to the Others, but if that's the case it would be more likely due to Aerys having a Targaryen dragon dream, and perhaps mistaking Robert for the threat. It would be kind of cool if the wildfire caches he had hidden end up helping to save Westeros because they can burn the wights. Which reminds me, so far as we know the Others do not burn. Regular fire certainly doesn't stop them. We don't know about wildfire yet.

3 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

You guys need to ease up a bit.

Thank you, for being reasonable and kind.

<snip>

Burn them all could certainly have an extra meaning with regard to the Others, but if that's the case it would be more likely due to Aerys having a Targaryen dragon dream, and perhaps mistaking Robert for the threat. It would be kind of cool if the wildfire caches he had hidden end up helping to save Westeros because they can burn the wights. Which reminds me, so far as we know the Others do not burn. Regular fire certainly doesn't stop them. We don't know about wildfire yet.

Just one point about the wildfire caches. Some people seem to think they were *all* discovered and used when Cersei/Tyrion were mounting the defence of King's Landing against Stannis. Others seem to think much of it is still there and KL is a powder keg.

(Jaime, you bloody, arrogant fool!)

13 hours ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

Hey dude, you don't need to be that harsh with the lad. He's just putting his thoughts on the internet. Leave him be. We all had that """""""""""""""theory"""""""""""""""" we wanted to share with everyone but we were afraid people would react badly.

I agree. Yeah he should have said "I have a thought" instead of theory but c'mon, we don't all need to jump on the guy!

besides, I thought it was well known that aerys is currently skinchanging Balerion the cat;)

15 hours ago, Ethelarion said:

Once again you disappointed this entire community with your badly written "theory" that seems to not have a second of thought in it.

Exactly! The nerve of the OP, not providing quotes from reputable scholarly publications in APA format. For shame! How dare he not do proper research about subjects of the utmost importance like ice monsters and magical dragon people! 

Just now, Good Guy Garlan said:

Exactly! The nerve of the OP, not providing quotes from reputable scholarly publications in APA format. For shame! How dare he not do proper research about subjects of the utmost importance like ice monsters and magical dragon people! 

IKR!!! Everyone here has degrees on this subject and then, comes someone who just want to speak his mind?? Who he thinks he is? We don't have this right, we have to study hours on end to make a good theory, how dare he.

13 minutes ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

9 minutes ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

IKR!!! Everyone here has degrees on this subject and then, comes someone who just want to speak his mind?? Who he thinks he is? We don't have this right, we have to study hours on end to make a good theory, how dare he.

You think that's bad? You should see some folks reactions when you do provide supporting text 

1 hour ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

more like when I pointed out that two separate statements said is was impossible for bran to influence the past. Like literally impossible, quotes provided and still, they hung on 

LoL. People trying to make the plot even more complex by adding time travel in the equation.

Archived