NFL Offseason: What's a Chris Collins Worth?

Manhole Eunuchsbane

11 hours ago, James Arryn said:

Brian, probably just shenanigans or taking the temperature, but there's an increasing buzz from 'insiders' that QB is very much in play for the 1st overall. This is where you skip MG and we trade the pick...

This happens almost every year.  The Browns are just trying to create smoke so that if a team is in love with Trubisky, they're might give Cleveland a call to get the #1 instead of risking losing him.  I doubt any team will bite, but there's no real downside for Cleveland to posture like they might take a qb.  Unless they trade out, they're taking Garrett.

2 hours ago, Maithanet said:

This happens almost every year.  The Browns are just trying to create smoke so that if a team is in love with Trubisky, they're might give Cleveland a call to get the #1 instead of risking losing him.  I doubt any team will bite, but there's no real downside for Cleveland to posture like they might take a qb.  Unless they trade out, they're taking Garrett.

Agreed. Besides, every mock draft I've seen has Watson available at 12 if the Browns want him, though if I were them I wouldn't take a QB then either. Unless a draft as a can't miss guy I'd just take a QB in the third or fourth round every other year until I hit on one. 

3 hours ago, Maithanet said:

26 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Agreed. Besides, every mock draft I've seen has Watson available at 12 if the Browns want him, though if I were them I wouldn't take a QB then either. Unless a draft as a can't miss guy I'd just take a QB in the third or fourth round every other year until I hit on one. 

Degree of Difficulty: The Factory of Sadness. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Couldn't agree more. I would take Garret and then the best CB / Safety left on the board. They could get two impact defensive players in this draft. Of course with their luck, they do that and they both end up sucking or getting hurt.

Now Floiro is saying this is optics to prepare Browns fans for a trade down,mwhere they can later claim they ended up with the guy they would have taken 1st overall.

On on the other hand Niners fans are worried they're the targeted team, as in Niners want say Trubisky and so the Browns are making noises hoping Niners give them something to switch and still get Garret. I am therefore secretly hoping we con them into thinking that, and snatch Garrett while they're busy chuckling. Muhwahahaha! 

5 minutes ago, sperry said:

Next year's QB draft is so much better. I don't get why anyone would be taking these clowns at the top of the draft.

Agreed. I liked Trubisky when he was considered a sleeper, but not at 2. I then switched to hoping for Mahomes later on, but now that appears to be a no-go. I'm fine with hoping for better value next year. We're not going anywhere in the near future, and the 2 long deals would seem to indicate we're ok with that. Patience is one of the very few things a sports franchise can actually control.

On 4/9/2017 at 4:07 PM, Kalbear said:

oh boo hoo only 4 superbowls what a horrible curse

On 4/9/2017 at 5:52 PM, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Hey, that's 5 pal. Don't short change us.

You either die a winner or you live long enough to see yourself become Matt Millen.

Meanwhile, it's a good day. The Colts have added a beefcake to the defensive line and a billionaire died.

Score one for the proletariat!

Archived