NFL Offseason: What's a Chris Collins Worth?

Manhole Eunuchsbane

18 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Keep hearing that the Browns want that second pick as well so they can just go Garrett then Trubisky.

It just seems like the Browns are bidding against themselves here.  What other team is going to trade up to #2 to swoop in for Trubisky?  This isn't Andrew Luck or RG3 here, this is a guy with one year of tape who had some good games to go along with some shitty ones.  It is just hard to believe you couldn't wait until at least pick #5, if not later, to get him.  And the cost of moving from 12 to 2 is going to be a lot higher than from 12 to 5. 

19 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

On the radio this morning there was a lot of buzz that apparently both Shefter and McShay both thought it was possible/likely that the Browns took Trubisky #1.  If that were the case, the offers for SF would get a whole lot sweeter.  Or you could just take Garrett. 

Really hoping that's just driving draft day drama.  Garrett has a few legitimate drawbacks (Sapp is full of crap, but anyone talking hand usage/reliance on athleticism), but the upside and character drastically weigh over those.  If Winston was here, I could see an argument for going QB because of the position premium, but a QB with 13 starts and a 8-5 record (8-4 regular season)?  Get out of here. 

2 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

It just seems like the Browns are bidding against themselves here.  What other team is going to trade up to #2 to swoop in for Trubisky?  This isn't Andrew Luck or RG3 here, this is a guy with one year of tape who had some good games to go along with some shitty ones.  It is just hard to believe you couldn't wait until at least pick #5, if not later, to get him.  And the cost of moving from 12 to 2 is going to be a lot higher than from 12 to 5. 

I'd have to think the only way even the Browns are that desperate is if they think Chicago might take him at three.  Which they could...

7 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Michael Silver seems to be the guy most keyed in to what the Browns are doing, and he's been pretty adamant that they won't be taking Trubisky at one.

If they do get Trubisky, I think it will be via a trade-up from 12, probably with the Titans.

1 minute ago, briantw said:

Michael Silver seems to be the guy most keyed in to what the Browns are doing, and he's been pretty adamant that they won't be taking Trubisky at one.

But could they take him at two????  :lol: 

Just now, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

I'm wanting the Skins to focus on D, linemen, linebackers, a corner. I'd also like to see them take a RB and try and find a WR in the late rounds.

@Maithanet and @Jaime L, who do you guys like for us to take? Offense or defense? Any player in particular you think we need?

I want you guys to take all the busts this year.  A weak Washington is a good Washington in my Blue and Silver eyes.  

Just now, JonSnow4President said:

I want you guys to take all the busts this year.  A weak Washington is a good Washington in my Blue and Silver eyes.  

Haha, indeed. I'm scared about WR, we lost our top two targets. I'd like to add a little depth there, but think we can find it in a later round.

5 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

I'm wanting the Skins to focus on D, linemen, linebackers, a corner. I'd also like to see them take a RB and try and find a WR in the late rounds.

@Maithanet and @Jaime L, who do you guys like for us to take? Offense or defense? Any player in particular you think we need?

Defense obviously, and really we have needs everywhere.  The more offensive picks in the 16 guys before us, the happier I'll be.  If any of the following fell to us I'd be delighted: DE/DT Jonathan Allen, DE/DT Solomon Thomas, FS Malik Hooker, SS Jamal Adams, CB Marshon Lattimore, LB Haason Reddick. 

Now, that's six guys (plus Garrett, who will never make it out of the top 5), so one of them making it to 17 isn't impossible, but I wouldn't count on it.  If none of them do, then maybe one of the pass rushers has caught our eye, that would be fine.  Or trade down, that would also be great.  Hell, with the extra picks we have, I wouldn't even mind trading up a little bit if we feel like it's good value (not much, but the Colts at 15 or the Cards at 13 wouldn't be too pricey).  My ideal pick would be Jonathan Allen, who has been falling on a lot of mock draft boards because of injury concerns and questions about scheme fits.  He was the most dominant guy on that Alabama D, and I would love to see him suit up for us. 

16 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Haha, indeed. I'm scared about WR, we lost our top two targets. I'd like to add a little depth there, but think we can find it in a later round.

For this year at least, I think y'all are pretty good.  Crowder is a good slot, Pryor is a legit 1 IMO, and Doctson is a first round talent.  A guy like Reynolds in the mid rounds could be good, but it's not something you need starter caliber talent at for this year at least. 

18 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

For this year at least, I think y'all are pretty good.  Crowder is a good slot, Pryor is a legit 1 IMO, and Doctson is a first round talent.  A guy like Reynolds in the mid rounds could be good, but it's not something you need starter caliber talent at for this year at least. 

I honestly like Pryor and all signs point to him and Cousins having a good connection. Love Crowder, and can see him stepping up his game big time this year. Not sold on Doctson until, you know, I actually see him on the field. But, yea, he has the body and speed to be a legit threat. All in all, I'd still like to find another one in the draft, in the late rounds.

@Maithanet, I like Allen too, just don't see him being there. I'm with you, we can't get enough on D. I'd don't want us trading picks away though, I'll take young talent and the more, the better. 

8 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

I honestly like Pryor and all signs point to him and Cousins having a good connection. Love Crowder, and can see him stepping up his game big time this year. Not sold on Doctson until, you know, I actually see him on the field. But, yea, he has the body and speed to be a legit threat. All in all, I'd still like to find another one in the draft, in the late rounds.

I think running back, guard and second tight end are all bigger offensive needs than WR for the skins.  I mean, yes, it's fine if they think they're getting good value on a WR on a day 3 pick (or even a day 2 pick), but it isn't what I'd characterize as a big need.  The only offensive pick that I'm actually hoping for in the first three rounds would be a potential value pick at rb on day 2. 

3 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I think running back, guard and second tight end are all bigger offensive needs than WR for the skins.  I mean, yes, it's fine if they think they're getting good value on a WR on a day 3 pick (or even a day 2 pick), but it isn't what I'd characterize as a big need.  The only offensive pick that I'm actually hoping for in the first three rounds would be a potential value pick at rb on day 2. 

That's how I am prioritizing it also. I'd like a steal in the late rounds, which happens a lot at WR. I like taking RB in the 2nd, I don't care for any of our current options.

Archived