NFL Offseason: What's a Chris Collins Worth?

Manhole Eunuchsbane

Had a feeling all day we'd go LB. Wanted to see us go CB but I guess they've all been picked off the tree. We do need a LB so I'm not too upset. Watt will be loved here. 

Also, Cleveland had 3 first round picks? wtf? Was gonna ask if that's ever happened before but they mentioned the '13 Vikings had 3 picks in first round.

Just now, l2 0 5 5 said:

Had a feeling all day we'd go LB. Wanted to see us go CB but I guess they've all been picked off the tree. We do need a LB so I'm not too upset. Watt will be loved here. 

Also, Cleveland had 3 first round picks? wtf? Was gonna ask if that's ever happened before but they mentioned the '13 Vikings had 3 picks in first round.

They traded back in with I think it was Seattle for Njoku. 

ETA:  I'm an idiot, it was GB. 

3 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Yeah, OLB seemed like it was a given. I'd have preferred a DB as well, there were a few still around that I'd have had no problem with them taking at 30. That said, I've got no complaints about Watt.

25 minutes ago, Trebla said:

Well, let's hope he can become Jerry's War Daddy. Day 2 they have to be looking at DB's

I had Taco as my #2 or #3 rated 4-3 DE in the draft this year. I think he would have gone much higher if it weren't for the Peppers situation. He was clearly the 2nd best player at Michigan behind him, so it kind of left him in a fog of not being able to accurately evaluate him. 

His knock isn't really slow feet, it is that he turns the motor off sometimes. Marineli will do wonders with this kid, mark my words. He is the best pick for Dallas that I could have expected. 

17 hours ago, dbunting said:

So the draft is tonight. Being a Dallas fan I am hoping they draft basically all def. This draft is said to be deep in def so lets try to hit on 2-3 players who can contribute this season.

My slanted hope is they get Taco Charlton, slanted because I am a UM fan and that may skew my view of him.

The only way I think I would be ok with off pick in the first round is if everyone was on drugs and Mike Williams fell to them.

Well, be careful what you ask for! Now we need to see what Marinelli can do with a Taco!

7 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Niners needed an LB badly. Don't know much about this kid, but I like that they addressed a big need.

Foster is solid.  Has potential to be the next great LB for SF.

I love what I've seen from this new administration.  Offensive head coach and they go and add strength to a solid D Line and address a major need at LB.

Will be interesting to see if we address the DB needs next or some skill positions.

Thoughts as a whole

Love Taco going to Dallas. R Foster being available sucks, but there were too many red flags, considering Dallas' luck with questionable character IMO. Now keep drafting defense!

Cleveland, have to say I like everyone of their picks. They got the consensus #1 player in the draft. They got probably the 2nd best TE, but who has more potential than the #1 TE, then they picked up a hybrid safety/LB with excellent return skills, who if allowed to focus on one position has pro bowl talent. Oh and still have a lot of picks left in this draft. Look out people Cleveland may have gotten their collective shit together.

San Fran, another one that I think has already earned an A grade no matter how the rest goes. Absolutely fleeced Chicago and still got the guy they planned on getting and oh yeah, moved back into 1st round to get the #1 rated ILB.

Chicago, in reality gave up two 3rd round picks and a fourth round pick to get their franchise QB. If it works out it's a cheap price, I mean 90% of 3rd and 4th round picks don't pan out anyway. However, if it doesn't pan out, you are screwed. I have to believe they could have gotten him at #3 and kept their picks.

Draft as a whole on ESPN is getting hard to watch. You see "pick is in" and it takes another 5-7 minutes before they actually announce it. I love the draft but I still went to bed before my team picked because it was clear they are milking this time for all it's worth. It's crazy to see the size of the crowds attending the draft.

SF really did have a great 1st round. 

I'm intrigued with Engram and all the weapons Gmen have now, but the O-line is still a fucking mess. Hopefully there is some improvement but I kind of wish they traded up to get Bolles or something. 

Crazy.  In a post draft interview, Lynch said that they didn't know for sure that the Bears were going to take Trubisky when they made the trade.  He did also say that typically you only make that kind of trade for a QB though. 

He also indicated that if the Bears had taken Thomas at 2, they were prepared to take Foster at 3.  :stunned: 

If they really did get a guy they had rated that highly on their board that late in the round, then it is absolutely a steal.

10 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Bet Jaime L and Maith are happy. Quality pick there.

I am thrilled.  Yesterday I posted the six defensive guys that I was hoping could somehow fall to us.  Of them, the two I was most excited about were Hooker and Allen, and they were still there at 15.  If they'd gone 15/16, I would have been pissed we didn't trade up.  But Allen fell to us!  Couldn't be happier, that guy is a straight up wrecking ball.  I always root against Alabama, and he was constantly crushing my dreams of an upset.  He almost singlehandedly beat the Huskies in the semifinal this year.  Plus he's from the DC area, always nice to have a local guy. 

Lots of great players still on the board for day 2.  Could see us going a lot of different directions depending on how the next 16 picks play out. Obviously it's BPA, but I would love to see us pick up a FS (Budda Baker or Marcus Williams), ILB (Zach Cunningham), OG (Forrest Lamp), RB (Dalvin Cook), or another D lineman (Malik McDowell). 

I imagine most/all of those guys will be gone in the next 16 picks, but we'll see how it plays out!

1 hour ago, Ramsay B. said:

SF really did have a great 1st round. 

Supposedly they got two of the top three people on their board. Wow.

And oh Bears. They gave up all those picks to swap with San Francisco because they beat the Niners in a pointless-except-for-draft-position game in Week 13.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/28/bears-week-13-win-over-49ers-cost-them-three-picks/

Archived