NFL Offseason: What's a Chris Collins Worth?

Manhole Eunuchsbane

5 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

and becoming a Caps fan is like agreeing to an abusive marriage. 

I don't know how anyone is a Caps fan. Even among the very low standards we now expect for DC sports teams, they find a way to infuriate. First time you choked in the playoffs, shame on you....47th time you choke in the playoffs shame on me. 

Sorry to interrupt the Washington weepfest. 

I am happyish with the outcome of the first round. Hooker could be great, which is more than you hope for with a mid round pick. Now it T.J. Green develops we could be blessed with watching a good Colts defense. I won't get my hopes up, although allegedly Green was a Pagano pick not a Grigson one.

5 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

I don't know how anyone is a Caps fan. Even among the very low standards we now expect for DC sports teams, they find a way to infuriate. First time you choked in the playoffs, shame on you....47th time you choke in the playoffs shame on me. 

Its not really any different than being a Rangers fan. Although I guess the Rangers do have it a little better, thanks to one magical season over 20 years ago.

Until a few years ago, I'd say it was pretty easy to be a Caps fan though; at least they actually made the playoffs. The Nats were a joke and the Wizards one national moment in 30 years was to be the whipping boy for LeBron's becoming-a-superstar party.

17 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Sorry to interrupt the Washington weepfest. 

I am happyish with the outcome of the first round. Hooker could be great, which is more than you hope for with a mid round pick. Now it T.J. Green develops we could be blessed with watching a good Colts defense. I won't get my hopes up, although allegedly Green was a Pagano pick not a Grigson one.

We really should focus more on how Indy's only gonna end up with one title despite having the #1 pick in the drafts with the 3 greatest can't miss prospects of all time. 

16 minutes ago, Fez said:

Its not really any different than being a Rangers fan. Although I guess the Rangers do have it a little better, thanks to one magical season over 20 years ago.

Until a few years ago, I'd say it was pretty easy to be a Caps fan though; at least they actually made the playoffs. The Nats were a joke and the Wizards one national moment in 30 years was to be the whipping boy for LeBron's becoming-a-superstar party.

I dunno, making the playoffs in the NHL never seemed like something to write home about .And how many times have the Caps had the #1 seed and blown it? Moreover how many times have they lost to a lower seeded team - is that every playoffs or just 90%? 

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Also, given how bad the Bears' roster is, they should be trading back for more picks, not trading valuable picks for a questionable QB prospect. 

There is an explanation for this... except I can't get it to post. It's a meme showing the Bears helmet transforming into a Browns helmet!

4 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

I dunno, making the playoffs in the NHL never seemed like something to write home about .And how many times have the Caps had the #1 seed and blown it? Moreover how many times have they lost to a lower seeded team - is that every playoffs or just 90%? 

WIth the Caps, it's not that they lose, it's the way they lose.  In NHL history, teams that go up either 2-0 or 3-1 win the series approximately 90 percent the time.  Yet the Capitals have lost a series with either a 2-0 or 3-1 lead TEN TIMES IN MY LIFETIME.  Think about that.  Since 1985, the Caps have qualified for the playoffs 25 times.  Fully 40% of those playoffs ended in blowing a commanding series lead.  I'm almost relieved the Caps lost game 1 last night.  At least we probably won't blow another 3-1 lead this time.  

What's that, this is the football thread?  Oh right.  Go Wizards!

1 minute ago, Maithanet said:

WIth the Caps, it's not that they lose, it's the way they lose.  In NHL history, teams that go up either 2-0 or 3-1 win the series approximately 90 percent the time.  Yet the Capitals have lost a series with either a 2-0 or 3-1 lead TEN TIMES IN MY LIFETIME.  Think about that.  Since 1985, the Caps have qualified for the playoffs 25 times.  Fully 40% of those playoffs ended in blowing a commanding series lead.  I'm almost relieved the Caps lost game 1 last night.  At least we probably won't blow another 3-1 lead this time.  

That is fucking amazing. 

6 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

http://68.media.tumblr.com/05170c3e8b20d3d325a75b4fbb78a512/tumblr_mn3wdc1jM11raloeqo1_500.png

Haha, @Pony Queen Jace lives in a perpetual weepfeat as a Colts fan. SMH. Can't even decide if your a fan from one year to the next. 

Anyway, Skins got a great lick at 17. Allen can definitely be an instant impact guy. Hoping we get a running back in round 2. I like Cook, doubt he'll be there. But, I think I'd like Kamara more and he'll be available. 

25 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Still though. Compared to not being above .500 in the history of your existence (circa 2011), or the only break from your relentless failure was brought about by "Mr. Guns in the Locker Room Sounds Like a Great Idea!" the Caps don't seem that bad.

I will say, as an outsider moving to DC, I always thought fans were happiest/most excited about the Caps; until finally John Wall became a star, as did Harper/Zimmerman/Strasburg. Also, I guess that was four more disappointing playoff appearances ago for the Caps; though they did already have a bunch of those.

13 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Anyway, Skins got a great lick at 17. Allen can definitely be an instant impact guy. Hoping we get a running back in round 2. I like Cook, doubt he'll be there. But, I think I'd like Kamara more and he'll be available. 

I am still pumped about getting Allen, even 20 hours later.  Did not think the first round could go so well.

Cook will not be there unless we trade up for him, and I don't want to do that.  I'm really not that high on him.  He can be great at times, but his combination of character flags, injury history and fumbling problems do not appeal to me.  I'm fine with somebody else taking him.

Don't know much about Kamara, but reading his PFF blurb, he sounds like a good prospect.  Wish he were better at pass pro, but not many guys coming out of college are.  For me, the most important things for a RB are vision, ball security and pass protection.  The other things like speed, elusiveness, hands, and power are nice, but if you don't have those first three it isn't going to matter much. 

Not that I'm opposed to a second round running back, but my ideal would be to get either a starting ILB like Cunningham or a starting FS like Baker.

41 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

We really should focus more on how Indy's only gonna end up with one title despite having the #1 pick in the drafts with the 3 greatest can't miss prospects of all time. 

I just wanted to see these words next to my username. Thanks, please carry on.

2 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Thank you, Bears, for entirely obliterating whatever small inkling of desire I might have had to watch football again.

That's certainly playing it close to the vest for sure...

Ryan Pace has essentially put a ticking clock on his time as GM of the Bears.  Either Trubisky makes it in three years, or they both are on the way out.

Just now, Rhom said:

Ryan Pace has essentially put a ticking clock on his time as GM of the Bears.  Either Trubisky makes it in three years, or they both are on the way out.

Also, apparently Trubisky couldn't tell Gruden what a hard count was, and didn't get the concept at all. 

Jesus fuck, Bears.

1 minute ago, Kalbear said:

Also, apparently Trubisky couldn't tell Gruden what a hard count was, and didn't get the concept at all. 

Jesus fuck, Bears.

Saw that as well.  I know plenty of people rode Tanehill pretty hard for not knowing who was in what division in the NFL as a rookie, but this is an actual on field skill.

Every year, some guy gets blown up beyond their actual skill.  If Trubisky had been drafted in the third round where his actual skill probably warrants; none of these things would be an issue.

4 minutes ago, Rhom said:

There's apparently been a lot of rogue editing of Pace's Wikipedia page. Refers to him as the soon to be former GM, says he signed Napoleon Dynamite to a huge contract, said he was revealed last night to be a secret Packers employee... 

Maybe this "Cleveland on Lake Michigan" transition really is happening.

52 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Hey! One of those can't miss prospects had the good sense to refuse to play in that shithole!

22 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Haha, @Pony Queen Jace lives in a perpetual weepfeat as a Colts fan. SMH. Can't even decide if your a fan from one year to the next. 

10 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I just wanted to see these words next to my username. Thanks, please carry on.

There will be a reckoning!!!

Archived