NFL Offseason: What's a Chris Collins Worth?

Manhole Eunuchsbane

12 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

I'm interested to see how Pittsburgh makes moves the next few years. Wondering if they'll stick with Tomlin and still keep guys around forever. They've always seemed like one of the most loyalist teams in the league, to me.

I don't see things changing much. His son Art has been the one running the team for years now as president.

1 hour ago, White Walker Texas Ranger said:

Are they at least better prospects than Wentz and Goff?

Pretty comparable, with your better tools guys having questionable exposure a la Wentz, or your more tested guys having limited tools and coming from problematic systems like Goff. 

3 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

Any mention of cursed NFL franchises without stopping by the Chargers is probably missing out.  50+ years without a title AND we lost the damned team to our least favorite city.

Bengals are at 50 years with no titles and we don't have the luxury of living in paradise as a distraction. :P

9 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Bengals are at 50 years with no titles and we don't have the luxury of living in paradise as a distraction. :P

How dare you besmirch the reputation of the Queen City!!!!!

You have an Ikea and a Great Wolf Lodge, what more could you possibly want????

33 minutes ago, Rhom said:

How dare you besmirch the reputation of the Queen City!!!!!

You have an Ikea and a Great Wolf Lodge, what more could you possibly want????

I love it here, but we sure don't have great weather like southern California. 

11 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I thought Charlotte was Queen's City.

Interesting... Urban Dictionary and Wikipedia both say that Cincy and Charlotte both claim Queen City as a nickname.

That just won't work.  As everyone knows, in every group of friends there can only be one guy you call Moose.  If a second guy wants the name, he has to be something else.  (Edit:  Or kill the first guy...)

I don't want to alarm anyone, but it sure looks like, from analysis of his correspondence with team equipment staff, that Eli Manning was, more likely than not, at least generally aware of a conspiracy to engage in fraud related to football equipment.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/04/13/new-york-giants-eli-manning-steiner-sports-memorabilia-scandal-roger-goodell

I am sure Sheriff Goodell is keenly interested in this and eager to prove he's not just a lapdog for John "Domestic Abuse Enabler" Mara.

14 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I don't want to alarm anyone, but it sure looks like, from analysis of his correspondence with team equipment staff, that Eli Manning was, more likely than not, at least generally aware of a conspiracy to engage in fraud related to football equipment.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/04/13/new-york-giants-eli-manning-steiner-sports-memorabilia-scandal-roger-goodell

I am sure Sheriff Goodell is keenly interested in this and eager to prove he's not just a lapdog for John "Domestic Abuse Enabler" Mara.

They tried to sell to Chris Ballard. He raised the alarm.

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

Interesting... Urban Dictionary and Wikipedia both say that Cincy and Charlotte both claim Queen City as a nickname.

That just won't work.  As everyone knows, in every group of friends there can only be one guy you call Moose.  If a second guy wants the name, he has to be something else.  (Edit:  Or kill the first guy...)

Why not just do like a Goose and refer to them collectively as Meese? 

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/sports-products/eli-manning-game-used-worn-new-york-giants-helmet-with-photo-match-loa.html

What the hell? 17k? Who buys this crap?

They should definitely throw the book at Eli, although sounds like in this instance criminal charges could be warranted. In fairness to Eli, though, I have always believed that he is legitimately mentally retarded.

4 minutes ago, sperry said:

They should definitely throw the book at Eli, although sounds like in this instance criminal charges could be warranted. In fairness to Eli, though, I have always believed that he is legitimately mentally retarded.

He was an SEC QB after all....

If Eli is involved, it is fraud.  But I guarantee Eli gets off lighter than Tom Brady, who allegedly let some air out of a football (and has a defense based on the laws of physics....)

2 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

He was an SEC QB after all....

If Eli is involved, it is fraud.  But I guarantee Eli gets off lighter than Tom Brady, who allegedly let some air out of a football (and has a defense based on the laws of physics....)

This isn't even in the same ballpark as it has absolutely no impact on the game itself.

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

This isn't even in the same ballpark as it has absolutely no impact on the game itself.

Maybe this is just the result of 5 years of accounting education and 2 years in audit, but actual fraud is a much bigger deal than cheating (and I'm on the record as stating the NFL needs to retake high school science and think about the meaning of due process).  

Archived