Who tyrion will choose?

Ser Loras The Gay

So, I have a question for you guys (as always). We all know that Tyrion is in Meeren and with the second sons at his disposal. BUT he can change sides again and return to westeros with them and join Aegon who has a stronger position at westeros (where Tyrion has more plans). So do you guys think he'll join Daenerys or Aegon? OR even if he's going to try to convince Daenerys to join Aegon when the time come? All ideas are as good as any.

18 minutes ago, Foot_Of_The_King said:

Aegon will probably be on the Iron Throne well before Tyrion makes it back west. He may have little choice. If that's the case I don't see what he has to over the new regime under Aegon IV. 

He's one of the most intelligent people in the whole Realm. Varys is very fond of him and his sense of duty towards the realm even when we as readers see just a man who wants to fuck every woman in the planet. Not only that, he's a spectacular politician and with the second sons he can provide more men to aegon's cause. The matter is, how he's going to get there in the first place.

I think Tyrion will help Meereen, he is with Jorah and I still believe Jorah will want to help Dany somehow. Also, the plan is to marry fAegon to Dany, it makes no difference who he is helping.

By the way, I just noticed you are from Brazil, so am I, amigo! Hahaha.

15 minutes ago, Shadow of Asshai said:

By the way, I just noticed you are from Brazil, so am I, amigo! Hahaha.

hahaha nice :D

And regarding the help factor. The plan is to marry both, but. We need to consider how fast Aegon is going to conquest westeros. At the actual stage I'd say pretty fast. And if that happen, Aegon will need to marry some lord daughter to unite the kingdom.

Even if Tyrion wanted to leave Meereen and take the Second Sons to help fAegon, and they agreed, I can't see how he could. You know, transport.

Maybe if they could somehow commandeer the Iron Fleet? (And Tyrion is smart and cunning enough to somehow winkle dumbo Vic...)

No, I can't see it happening before the dragon queen intervenes.

Tyrion will stick with Dany. He's spent his whole life fascinated by dragons, and not the heraldic kind. He might change sides later, but for now he's going with the mother of dragons. Hard to say whether he would try and convince her to join with Aegon. It will depend on what or who they are up against. It might take both Dany and Aegon to defeat Euron, for instance.

30 minutes ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

So, most of you seems to agree that Tyrion is going to stick with dany, at least for now. But do you guys think this is forever? @Foot_Of_The_King @Universal Sword Donor @Ser Walter of AShwood @talvikorppi

I wouldn't bet on it. There's the small matter of Tyrion's beloved brother who killed Dany's daddy. (yeah, Tyrion's been angry at Jaime but it's abating, and their brotherly love goes pretty deep, not to mention Jaime helped to save Tyrion's life (Well, Varys would probably have done it anyway, but Tyrion knows Jaime wanted to save his life)) .

I dunno. I think Tyrion will stick with Dany (and perhaps save his brother from becoming dragonfood, if Jaime is alive by then), BUT I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't, if circumstances change... Nah, scrap that. Tyrion is important to the end game (the real War against the Others) and so is Dany. fAegon is just a footnote in history compared to that. So Tyrion will end up on Dany's side. (He could, of course, switch sides temporarily but the real War would bring them back together, something like that.)

54 minutes ago, Foot_Of_The_King said:

Is Bulbasuar the Tyrells? Haha

Yup.

The Starks are Glalie, Baratheon as Stormlords would be Pikachu, Martell is Cactea (desert pokemon), Lannisters Sandslash (gold-coloured and digging), Arryn Swellow (duh), Tully's Goldeen.

I think I covered all 7 kingdoms and major houses now :).

On a more serious note: I do think that Tyrion will stick with Dany. fAegon will be defeated or exposed (if it is the latter, then Tyrion will be the one who finds out his real identity).
The Nightswatch and the North in general, will probably start rallying the realm again to fight the White Walkers. This action will probably be lead by Jon. Tyrion knows Jon, and he knows him to be a serious boy/man, he will be the one to convince Dany that she should meet him.

Sorry to go O/T but Jaime saving Tyrion's life (even if Varys was going to do it anyway) is yet another example of Jaime breaking vows for love. Lord Commander of the Kingsguard releasing the prisoner convicted of regicide? Huh?

Jaime really is a serial offender. 1) Kills the king (instead of his father as Aerys commanded = filial love) 2) defenestrated Bran (to save Cersei's and his own arse = their love) 3) frees convicted kingslayer Tyrion (=brotherly love). 1) and 3) have mitigating circumstances, namely saving 500.000 innocent lives and saving an innocent man. Jeez, I hope Jaime directs his love wisely in the future as he's liable to do anything for "love".

2 hours ago, Ser Walter of AShwood said:

Yup.

The Starks are Glalie, Baratheon as Stormlords would be Pikachu, Martell is Cactea (desert pokemon), Lannisters Sandslash (gold-coloured and digging), Arryn Swellow (duh), Tully's Goldeen.

I think I covered all 7 kingdoms and major houses now :).

Greyjoy = Tentacruel

I see Tyrion as Petyr Baelish lite, he will do whatever is best for Tyrion.  He went the "doing it for King and Country" route with saving King's Landing, although it was the timely arrival of Tywin coupled with the trick of having "Renly's Ghost" lead the charge that saved the day.  Tyrion didn't get the "credit" he felt he deserved and fell into a funk.  After Jaime confesses to Tyrion (after saving Tyrion's life) Tyrion gets high and mighty, kills Shae because she has moved on to another customer, kills his father (who after all had out a plan in place to save Tyrion's life, not to mention that he set Tyrion up to become Lord of the north but Tyrion didn't want that, he wanted Casterly Rock).  Then Tyrion moves on to throw a wrench into Illyrio and Varys' plans to have Ageon (fake or not) meet up with Dany, instead convincing him, for no good reason, to invade Westeros.  And now he's swaying the Second Sons by making promises to them that he has no intention of keeping.  Tyrion only cares about Tyrion and will do whatever he thinks is best for himself.

15 hours ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

So, I have a question for you guys (as always). We all know that Tyrion is in Meeren and with the second sons at his disposal. BUT he can change sides again and return to westeros with them and join Aegon who has a stronger position at westeros (where Tyrion has more plans). So do you guys think he'll join Daenerys or Aegon? OR even if he's going to try to convince Daenerys to join Aegon when the time come? All ideas are as good as any.

I think he will work hard to broker a deal between the two. I think Tyrion will use Daenarys to come home with, and he will kill Cersei, and then he will become the Lord of Casterly Rock and honorable servant to the new king and queen. 

44 minutes ago, Byfort of Corfe said:

I see Tyrion as Petyr Baelish lite, he will do whatever is best for Tyrion.  He went the "doing it for King and Country" route with saving King's Landing, although it was the timely arrival of Tywin coupled with the trick of having "Renly's Ghost" lead the charge that saved the day.  Tyrion didn't get the "credit" he felt he deserved and fell into a funk.  After Jaime confesses to Tyrion (after saving Tyrion's life) Tyrion gets high and mighty, kills Shae because she has moved on to another customer, kills his father (who after all had out a plan in place to save Tyrion's life, not to mention that he set Tyrion up to become Lord of the north but Tyrion didn't want that, he wanted Casterly Rock).  Then Tyrion moves on to throw a wrench into Illyrio and Varys' plans to have Ageon (fake or not) meet up with Dany, instead convincing him, for no good reason, to invade Westeros.  And now he's swaying the Second Sons by making promises to them that he has no intention of keeping.  Tyrion only cares about Tyrion and will do whatever he thinks is best for himself.

Thinking that way seems like Tyrion can betray anyone at anytime. I always saw Tyrion as a selfish man who cares about himself more than others. But I don't think it's a bad thing, all the things he have done were for survival or human things like revenge and hatred, like when he kills his father and kills a whore who was lying to him, again.

I'm going to say he stays with Dany, but that's partially because I don't think Aegon will even be alive by the time she arrives. She's going to have spend a decent chunk of Winds fighting her way across Essos, and with JonCon set to become Patient Zero for a Greyscale epidemic I think Aegon will bite the dust before that campaign is done.

Archived