NBA 2017: Playoffs? Playoffs?!

Relic

I thought Russ got no help last night down the stretch but Paul George's Pacers teammates make them look like Allstars. PG-13 with a 36/15/9 and everyone but him furiously choking. 

Oh, and Lebron is amazing. 41/13/12 and leading a comeback from 26 down in the 3rd quarter. Yawn. 

6 minutes ago, Calibandar said:

Man, Raptors, you suck. Big time.

It's not even as if Giannis is putting up big numbers. De Rozan and Lowry are just doing nothing at all

Lowry always turns back into a pumpkin in the playoffs.

There was a series in the forth quarter where LeBron drove for a dunk and you can see a Pacer flat out RUN out of his way.  I hope the Cavs use it everytime the two teams play forever 

12 hours ago, briantw said:

Dat Cavs comeback.

LeBron coming to life! I just had a family argument with my nephews about not counting out the King. They seem to think he's washed up... I told them that at this point in his career, it about one thing only, championships. He's not going to go balls to the wall for 82 games. He's going to coast and turn it on in the playoffs. People forget the next level play he can turn on when he wants. I don't, I won't count him out.

Your nephews may simply be clueless. Even based on his regular season performance he is nowhere in the vicinity of washed up or in the autumn of his career.

Maybe in a  season or two.

I think Lebron is less dominant than he was four years ago, but that only means he's "one of the three best players in the NBA" instead of "obviously the best player in the NBA".  When he turns it on, he is still Lebron, Destroyer of Worlds, but I don't think he can stay at that level as long as he used to. 

He doesn't really need help to beat the Pacers, since Indiana is a one man team with Paul George and Lebron is better than George.  But he's going to need the rest of the Cavaliers to step up at some point in the playoffs. 

I hate how little credit LeBron gets while he's still playing at or around his prime. One day we are going to look back at him and his career and argue if he was the best player ever. Right now it seems more popular to deconstruct him, because that's what people do on social media. Lame. SAD. 

6 minutes ago, Relic said:

I hate how little credit LeBron gets while he's still playing at or around his prime. One day we are going to look back at him and his career and argue if he was the best player ever. Right now it seems more popular to deconstruct him, because that's what people do on social media. Lame. SAD. 

Lebron was pretty inarguably the best player in the NBA from 2010-2015, and arguably the best player in the league from 2009-present.  I don't see how this is giving him little credit. 

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

Lebron was pretty inarguably the best player in the NBA from 2010-2015, and arguably the best player in the league from 2009-present.  I don't see how this is giving him little credit. 

Guess you don't read sports media or go on twitter often?

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

If that wasn't aimed at me, then that's fine.  There are always gonna be haters out there. 

Bad news for the Bulls, Rondo out with a broken thumb. Sucks, he was playing great this series.

nah wasnt aimed at you. Our resident hater is Manhole.  And damn, Rondo going out might be exactly what the Celtics need to turn this thing around.

1 minute ago, Maithanet said:

If that wasn't aimed at me, then that's fine.  There are always gonna be haters out there. 

Bad news for the Bulls, Rondo out with a broken thumb. Sucks, he was playing great this series.

Man... that's a bad break for him and the Bulls.  He was really showing that he still had some years left in him too.

Bulls have been so unpredictable that they are very very capable of losing their next two home games in this series. With Rondo out Tomas becomes less of a liability on D. 

9 minutes ago, Relic said:

Bulls have been so unpredictable that they are very very capable of losing their next two home games in this series. With Rondo out Tomas becomes less of a liability on D. 

Yeah, if they replace him with Michael Carter-Williams (which I expect), he is so limited offensively he'll have trouble exploiting his preposterous 9 inch height advantage. 

Archived