NBA 2017: Playoffs? Playoffs?!

Relic

So it's either Chicago, Indiana or the Heat for 7 and 8.

Bulls against the Nets. You'd think they'd win that. So Bulls through.

Heat against the Wizards at home. I can see Miami win this. 

Pacers play Atlanta, who after being miserable for many weeks, have recently picked up and are on a run of wins, even against top tier teams.

Personally I hope Bulls and Heat make it, because either of those make a potentially interesting face off with the Cavs and Celtics.

The Cavs especially have, if I recall correctly, lost all 4 games this year against both The Heat and Bulls.

Last night the Knicks won their 31st game of the season by beating the 76ers by a single point. Team ownership seems happy closing this horrid season with a win (according to their posts on FB) even though this victory effectively dropped us out of reasonable expectation for a top 5 pick. 

Just another day as a Knick fan.

#FireDolan #FreeOakley 

Alright!

Prediction time.

Golden State over Portland in 4

Though I would not be at all surprised to see one exceptional Lillard game lead to a win.

San Antonio over Memphis in 4

Just don't see how Memphis troubles this team.

Rockets over Thunder in 6

That's what the head says. The gut feeling says we might see an upset win here, with the Thunder advancing.

Westbrook's going to be crazy and we might see some production from minor upgrades like Gibson and McDermott. Could Oladipo finally shine? Will we see Steven Adams from last year's playoffs? If all of that happens this could be tight. On the other hand, would Harden really let that happen? Surely the Rockets have too many options and a much better bench.

Clippers over Jazz in 6

But maybe the Clippers are just as bad as they've often looked, and Utah wins this. Not sure on this one, gut feeling says Clippers.

Celtics over Bulls in 6

This is going to be a tough one for Boston. Could see this go to 7 games. The Bulls will trouble them. I share Bill Simmons' misgivings.

Cavs over Pacers in 5..

I think the Cavs are quietly ecstatic about missing the Bulls, who they've lost 4 straight to. They can take the Pacers with relative ease.

Toronto over Milwaukee in 5.

Wizards over Hawks in 7.

I think this series will be very closely contended and as with Clippers vs Jazz, loathe to put money on it.

The Wizards have star power in Beal and Wall, but they have regressed of late. The Hawks rely very much on the team concept and have been on the rise of late. Washington would be very disappointed with a first round exit here, they must win this.

5 hours ago, Relic said:

Last night the Knicks won their 31st game of the season by beating the 76ers by a single point. Team ownership seems happy closing this horrid season with a win (according to their posts on FB) even though this victory effectively dropped us out of reasonable expectation for a top 5 pick. 

Just another day as a Knick fan.

#FireDolan #FreeOakley 

They also just picked up the last two years on Jackson's contract.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

1 hour ago, sperry said:

If the early confirmed ballots for MVP are indicative of the overall vote, Westbrook is going to win this going away.

FAKE NEWS!  Probably conducted by Hillary pollsters!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

They also just picked up the last two years on Jackson's contract.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That is indeed funny. I think they genuinely feel that whatever blame there is, it's not Jackson's fault.

Stephen A. will love this.

On the other hand, the man is a legend, the Knicks may just think, this guy's still a keeper despite the last few years.

3 hours ago, sperry said:

If the early confirmed ballots for MVP are indicative of the overall vote, Westbrook is going to win this going away.

It isn't even a question in my mind. But, what the Hell do I know. 

Yea, not a Knick fan, but damn. I'd just like to see them do something that is basketball smart. None of their moves ever make any sense. Phil is done, and his failure to move on from the Triangle is proof of that.

ETA: sorry for previous post, clearing a quote. 

2 minutes ago, DunderMifflin said:

Melo should be willing to go anywhere. He has nothing to lose, his time in NY has cemented him as not being among the greats. If he can go somewhere else and help a team get the least bit of playoff success his career can just be blamed on the Knicks.

Somewhere like the Nuggets maybe?

Archived