Smaller Things Even Less Worthy of a Thread of Their Own

Datepalm

36 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Why is here no pizza shop here selling cold leftover pizza? I can't pre-plan when this craving will hit damnit

Now, that is an idea for a restaurant...

After Great Lent before the Easter, I am finally allowed to eat cheese... Yay, for the Serbian dairy industry :D 

I just saw a commercial I can't believe was allowed in our hyper pc age.

A commercial for dog treats that I guess also clean your dogs teeth. The whole ad was don't let your dog get "British teeth".
Then shows 3 British stereotypes all of which have really awful teeth, then cuts back to a scientist with a dog telling you to not allow your dog to get British teeth by buying the thing.

At first I was offended for the British, the bad British teeth thing has been debunked at least since 30 years ago when I was a kid. After research I found it was created by a London ad agency for the American company.
Now I'm not sure who to be outraged at

On 16/04/2017 at 3:13 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

Why is here no pizza shop here selling cold leftover pizza? I can't pre-plan when this craving will hit damnit

yes, exactly. I've had a mad pizza craving all week and I only figured out why last night - it's passover and so virtually impossible to get a pizza in Jerusalem right now. I kept walking past closed pizza places and going, huh, you know, I could go for pizza without adding it up.

Speaking of pizza I was thinking of ordering one tonight so rather than doing any work I've been browsing the website of a major pizza delivery company. They've got quite prominently displayed the food hygiene rating of the local store; 3 out of 5 'generally satisfactory'. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement. I'm not sure 'we're not that bad on the hygiene front' is a message I'd been promoting if I was, you know, trying to sell food.

Having said that I'm probably still going to order a pizza from them.

1 minute ago, ljkeane said:

Speaking of pizza I was thinking of ordering one tonight so rather than doing any work I've been browsing the website of a major pizza delivery company. They've got quite prominently displayed the food hygiene rating of the local store; 3 out of 5 'generally satisfactory'. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement. I'm not sure 'we're not that bad on the hygiene front' is an message I'd been promoting if I was, you know, trying to sell food.

Having said that I'm probably still going to order a pizza from them.

See? Their ad is working!

Wasn't sure where to put this, but I had a nice random New York City moment two weeks ago. I was out for a surprise birthday party for the gal I'm seeing. Great group of very eclectic people. While there, my friend's friend's date sure reminded me a lot of Oona Chaplin, whom I enjoyed every minute of her time on screen as Talisa Stark. After many margarita pitchers, I asked one of the other guests if she knew whether the gal's name was Oona. She emphatically said "UM, YES!", and we were the only two there, other than the date, who recognized her. She broke out face paint, because she's Oona Chaplin and is amazing and has glitter face paint in her purse all the time, obviously. I volunteered, and she said I had a great beard under the little glitter bands she painted on my cheeks. Alas, she couldn't continue on with us to drunken karaoke.

It was pretty damned awesome. One of my biggest TV crushes ever, and I got to hang out with her. She was totally down to earth, quirky, and absolutely lovely. I gave my date a very honest compliment that she must be pretty special for me to rate Ms. Chaplin as only the second most interesting woman at the table. Thanks for listening!

2 hours ago, Arkhangel said:

Someone in my FB feed is asking for Farsi speakers to tell him which particular words in a Farsi poem read "you must ask for what you really want."

I sense an ill-conceived tattoo in the offing.

LMAO most definitely 

On 4/21/2017 at 2:21 AM, Nas! said:

I've started trying to do sudoku puzzles entirely in my head, just as a tonic for the relentless stupidity of my daily conversations with my co-workers. 

I've started singing the chorus from Iggy Pop's "Brick by brick" to relieve the same symptom, with mixed results.

On 20.4.2017 at 11:33 PM, Tywin et al. said:

Several of my coworkers and I have to now record all of our activities for an efficiency test. 

Great....

Hah I once had a guy from a consulting firm follow me for most of a night shift for that reason. Most because gas mask,  protective clothing and not enough sleep was a bit too much for the fellow. ;) He recommended that we should take more breaks among other things... The company I worked for did not follow that recommendation.

There's a guy somewhere in my office building with a very similar name to mine. Lately I keep getting emails meant for him and he's been getting mine. We've both been here for years and somehow this has never happened until recently, but now it's like the floodgates have been opened. Weird. 

On 4/24/2017 at 5:05 AM, Theda Baratheon said:

I'm 23 today

Happy birthday Theda :cheers: 

On Monday, April 24, 2017 at 4:05 AM, Theda Baratheon said:

I'm 23 today

Theda,  I was stuck in an airport with the road to my final destination closed by a snowstorm on your birthday. Happy belated birthday. 

Archived