Smaller Things Even Less Worthy of a Thread of Their Own

Datepalm

3 hours ago, Robin Of House Hill said:

I have some questions as to whether probing a person's computer to determine if an as blocker is present, is legal under EU law.

I don't think there's any probing involved; I'm no expert, but I think it's typically more along the lines of "please stop using adblocker" being included by default for everyone, but loading the ads removes it.

Stylish can also hide Facebook's annoying "please log in" message.

I saw a bird of prey perched on a branch about 6 feet away from me today. The first time I've ever seen one anything other than flying a fair distance away. After some googling it appears it was a red tailed hawk.

Moving on Saturday. From an apartment to a house. I am very excited to no longer have upstairs neighbors, and to have my own bathroom for the first time ever. Some frat bros moved into the unit above ours in the last few weeks, so this couldn't come at a better time. 

7 hours ago, KiDisaster said:

Moving on Saturday. From an apartment to a house. I am very excited to no longer have upstairs neighbors, and to have my own bathroom for the first time ever. Some frat bros moved into the unit above ours in the last few weeks, so this couldn't come at a better time. 

Upstairs neighbour's are the worst. Sometimes I think they just slam stuff around and stomp around on purpose.

Enjoy your new house!

50 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Upstairs neighbour's are the worst. Sometimes I think they just slam stuff around and stomp around on purpose.

Enjoy your new house!

The last ones we had seemed to enjoy rearranging their furniture in the middle of the night. I will never understand the things upstairs neighbors get up to. Odd creatures. 

Just moved to a house for the first time in my adult life.  I've lived in apartments, townhomes, or duplexes all this time.  Aside from the yard work, living in a house has been awesome!  It's taken a while to get used to the fact that I don't have to worry about how loud my sneezes are and finally I started turning the tv up so that I can actually hear it rather straining and using closed caption to make sure I catch it all.  

Hope you enjoy!

15 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Just moved to a house for the first time in my adult life.  I've lived in apartments, townhomes, or duplexes all this time.  Aside from the yard work, living in a house has been awesome!  It's taken a while to get used to the fact that I don't have to worry about how loud my sneezes are and finally I started turning the tv up so that I can actually hear it rather straining and using closed caption to make sure I catch it all.  

Hope you enjoy!

Heh, I've gotten so used to having subtitles on for shows that I turn them on even when I can hear it properly. Can't watch without them now. 

Glad you're enjoying your new place :)

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

An event named Telling Slovenia and Slovakia Apart was recently hosted in London to help clear up the confusion between the two countries. From my reading of the report, they did not have much success, though, but well done for trying. :D

I'll take a crack at telling them apart.

Slovakia is a land locked country in Central Europe, used to be a part of Czechoslovakia before breaking up in the 90s.

Slovenia is located in Southeastern Europe, was a part of the Yugoslavia before it's very tumultuous break up in the 90s.

I think I have the basics down :D

Can I just say what the ^*)% other drivers?!?  The main highway in town has a 70 mph speed limit (previously 75), and is only a couple years old.  It's well built, and with the students gone for the summer, traffic is extra light, and the weather was absolutely gorgeous today.  I got stuck behind 2 people going 50 mph side by side today.  I realized when I got to my exit that I could have exited onto the feeder (speed limit 55) and passed them without speeding.  How the %@&%$ can you stand to drive like that?

Sad! My roommate just moved out and took the cat with her -- he was hers but we bonded. She offered to let me adopt him, but unfortunately I already signed up to move into a no-pet apartment before I decided I wanted him. I'll only be there through the summer, however the cat may not be around by then. She got him as an emotional support animal and you can only have one of those (to my awareness)... she may take her friend's cat if it comes to that, and then give the current cat away. So, I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. 

15 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

I'll take a crack at telling them apart.

Slovakia is a land locked country in Central Europe, used to be a part of Czechoslovakia before breaking up in the 90s.

Slovenia is located in Southeastern Europe, was a part of the Yugoslavia before it's very tumultuous break up in the 90s.

I think I have the basics down :D

That is about right. :P Slovenia actually had the least tumultous separation of all the Ex-Yu countries.

Archived