Smaller Things Even Less Worthy of a Thread of Their Own

Datepalm

On 4. 9. 2017 at 8:24 AM, Yukle said:

If I have socks that look pretty much the same, then I don't consider them odd. Is that odd?

It is odd having socks that look pretty much the same in the first place. Socks need to be colourful and is as many different patterns and colours as it takes for them to be unique and different!

(I wear them in pairs, never two different socks, but always brightly coloured.)

On 8/31/2017 at 4:56 PM, A True Kaniggit said:

So no milkshake?

No, but all the ice cream I wanted.

On 9/1/2017 at 9:15 AM, KiDisaster said:

This seems like a less than responsible course of action medically speaking :lol: 

My mom always jokes around that she came close to losing a son and gaining a Malibu beach house.

Did anyone know that Cafe Bustelo made instant espresso? I saw it at Walmart and had to try it. Not for me, I'm not a coffee drinker, but for my dad who has to have espresso every morning and it gets tedious having to make it all the time.

So, when I opened it I could barely smell espresso but there was a strong chemical smell. That wasn't a good sign. So I heated up a mug of water and added a spoonful and a half of the espresso.

My dad hated it. Sugar and cream didn't help.

Then I hit on an idea that saved my $9 investment in instant espresso.

Instead of espresso I'd make a cafe mocha. No water, this time I heated up milk. Then I put in a spoonful of the coffee,and then I added a heaping spoonful of Maxwell House International Suisse Mocha.

I served it to my dad and he loved it. So, yeah, glad that works out. 

On 05/09/2017 at 7:09 PM, Buckwheat said:

It is odd having socks that look pretty much the same in the first place. Socks need to be colourful and is as many different patterns and colours as it takes for them to be unique and different!

(I wear them in pairs, never two different socks, but always brightly coloured.)

But this requires great organisational skills and an adult outlook. My husband is organised but has the opposite approach - he buys multiple pairs of the same sock in the same colour. He was very bitter when the colour was phased out after a couple of decades but I notice his collection is still mainly that colour, intermixed with his new colour - black. He chose hardwearing socks.

I am a slob who has developed an obsession about socks. Like you, I enjoy them, I could never buy all the same, but I also can't put them in drawers, I end up with bags full of odd socks waiting for the other socks to be turn up. I find it very hard to decide that all hope is gone for a sadly single sock and throw it out.

RAINFORESTS, PHARMACY TO THE WORLD. It is estimated that nearly half of the world's estimated 10 million species of plants, animals, and microorganisms will be destroyed or severely threatened over the next quarter-century due to rainforest deforestation.Dec 21, 2012
www.rain-tree.com › facts

On 15. 9. 2017 at 7:32 AM, Castellan said:

But this requires great organisational skills and an adult outlook. My husband is organised but has the opposite approach - he buys multiple pairs of the same sock in the same colour. He was very bitter when the colour was phased out after a couple of decades but I notice his collection is still mainly that colour, intermixed with his new colour - black. He chose hardwearing socks.

I am a slob who has developed an obsession about socks. Like you, I enjoy them, I could never buy all the same, but I also can't put them in drawers, I end up with bags full of odd socks waiting for the other socks to be turn up. I find it very hard to decide that all hope is gone for a sadly single sock and throw it out.

Nah, it is not that hard. I put them in pairs immediately after washing and drying, and they stay that way in the closet too. ;) I would yawn with boredom with only black or grey or brown socks.

Many Flat Earthers also seem to be Sovereign Citizens, not surprising, takes a lot of gullibility to be either.

I love how this cop deals with this one!

Yeah, write "EARTH IS FLAT" over your back windshield that won't make anyone believe your someone profound, only show people there's a dope with soap who obstructed his own view out the back windshield.

• 3 weeks later...

A co-worker in the office loves to chat.  Then, between all of this small talk, he loves to say something like: "Man, I have so many things to do right now."  I just want to yell at him, "Then, just shut up, and do the work."

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 10:11 AM, KiDisaster said:

Wisdom teeth are dumb. Why do we even have them? I had mine pulled on Tuesday and I look like Vito Corleone right now. Just without all the money and style. 

Wisdom teeth exist so dentists can afford to buy fishing boats.  I had six of them, fortunately they were all removed at the same time.  Hope the oral surgeon had many happy days fishing.  

Archived