Smaller Things Even Less Worthy of a Thread of Their Own

Datepalm

I finished my last full day of classes and during my three hour grading period *NOT OFFICE HOURS* my lab students all decided to use the lab at that time.  THE DAY THEIR FINAL REPORT WAS DUE.  Since o didn't put in a time for the reports to be due, they decided it was midnight.  

I still managed to grade and return 100 exams, teach 3 lectures, grade 5 straggling make-up exams (by hand), and kill nobody.

WINNING.

Whichever sadistic fucknugget invented the open plan office needs to be hunted down, chained to a wall and kicked repeatedly in the balls for the rest of his natural life. How the fuck can anyone ever get anything done in this environment? Why are people so utterly incapable of sitting the fuck down, shutting the fuck up and just letting things be vaguely peaceful and quiet for ten minutes?

14 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

At what point can I reasonably call bullshit on management’s repeated assertions that “they’re still trying to fix the heating”? It is snowing outside, and we are in the minuses, I need some warmth.

Do you have a Building Automation System? The fix could be really simple but they just need to hire the proper tech to come in and fix it. They probably hired a building operator who really does not understand HVAC.

8 hours ago, maarsen said:

Do you have a Building Automation System? The fix could be really simple but they just need to hire the proper tech to come in and fix it. They probably hired a building operator who really does not understand HVAC.

The more likely scenario is that nobody is actually fixing the heating. The owners of this hotel are pretty, um, stingy to put it politely.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 2:10 AM, Liffguard said:

Whichever sadistic fucknugget invented the open plan office needs to be hunted down, chained to a wall and kicked repeatedly in the balls for the rest of his natural life. How the fuck can anyone ever get anything done in this environment? Why are people so utterly incapable of sitting the fuck down, shutting the fuck up and just letting things be vaguely peaceful and quiet for ten minutes?

:agree::agree::agree:  I live your pain.  Open office models are shit.  

Moths ate my clothes :(:angry: I tried to convince myself that all the little shits I saw flying didn't dare to have their meals inside my wardrobe but sadly I had to face the truth. Threw away some nice shirts and sprayed the inside of the wardrobe with moth poison. Now I'm afraid of checking the fine clothes if they're fine... or not. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little request.

If you go to a doctor, dentist, therapist, whatever and you end up in a waiting room that's nearly empty and you have no problem sitting in a chair with arms, don't sit in the one or two chairs that are a little bit wider or have no arms. 

Fat people need to accept personal responsibility for their situations and consequences thereof and all that, totally agree, but is it too much to ask just not to make us either have to embarrass ourselves by asking for the one seat we can sit in while all the other seats are empty or maybe just stand if we don't think the wait will be too long and don't want to bother even though it still causes great pain in our feet, legs, hips, back to stand even the short time?

I lost my wallet yesterday, and today someone contacted the university to say they had found my student card (and only that, and in a different city somehow. The rest of the wallet is apparently gone. Not a big deal, except I was kind of fond of the wallet itself). I called the guy and found him to be way too interested in my life and way too desperately happy to chat, including asking what I study, what that is, whether I like it, where I live, how old I am, etc, etc. It took forever to hang up, and he called again a couple hours later (I missed it and haven't called back. And a different unknown number called me in the evening.)

I am either in the opening scenes of a romantic comedy, or of a serial killer thriller. Who am I kidding? It's a serial killer. He can keep my student card.

15 minutes ago, Datepalm said:

I am either in the opening scenes of a romantic comedy, or of a serial killer thriller. Who am I kidding? It's a serial killer. He can keep my student card.

In all seriousness it also sounds like it could be an attempt at identity theft.

Hm, anther cool possibility. It felt more like awesomely bad flirting though. My credit card is already cancelled, there was no official ID lost, and nothing he asked was at all...focused, just awkward attempts to make conversation. I spent like five minutes trying to explain what an urban planner does. :dunno: 

Now Realm wants to get pregnant by one of the ghosts.

“I’ve done a bit of research into phantom pregnancies,” she said. ”There’s a possibility that it is a ghost in you, but people don’t know how to carry it to full term.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/amethyst-realm-ghost-sex_us_5a29a1e7e4b03ece03010f83

Woman Claims She’s Had Sex With 20 Ghosts — And Prefers Them To Men
Now her apparition aspiration is to get pregnant.

Archived