Smaller Things Even Less Worthy of a Thread of Their Own

Datepalm

I submitted stuff to a textbook to be published! :D Before the deadline! :D

In other news, textbooks are still published. My school doesn't use them, let alone the one I contribute to. ;) 

I wrote a post I deleted (but never published) about a client of mine, but I thought it was possibly a little too detailed. It didn't have identifying info, but... I'll say that I nearly set a client up in a situation that would have been dangerous for her

An old man propositioned me once. We worked in the same place and I had the impression his job probably didn't pay that well. I wondered how many young ladies would get intimate with non-wealthy old man unless (to be brutally honest) they were addicted to hard drugs or in some other desperate situation. This thought relates to the above. The end xP.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:21 PM, Nasty LongRider said:

I just wrote a cover letter for a job app and.........I didn't die.  It's a miracle!  

I have an interview for this job next Friday!  Yay!  Writing the cover letter was worth it.  One step at a time.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:40 PM, Tywin et al. said:

Nice! What kind of gig is it? 

I work for the State of California and it's with a branch of the Consumer Affairs agency.  It's a clerical type job dealing with applications for barbering and cosmetology and would be a promotion for me.  It's in a great location too.  

10 hours ago, Nasty LongRider said:

I work for the State of California and it's with a branch of the Consumer Affairs agency.  It's a clerical type job dealing with applications for barbering and cosmetology and would be a promotion for me.  It's in a great location too.  

Good luck! 

On 2/21/2018 at 10:33 AM, Tywin et al. said:

In Connecticut, a pickle must bounce to be considered a pickle.

You've all been learned! 

I just saw this...

How is it literally possible to make any substance that doesn't bounce? Where are the inertia-less pickles that are holding the secret to limitless physics applications?!

1 hour ago, Yukle said:

I just saw this...

How is it literally possible to make any substance that doesn't bounce? Where are the inertia-less pickles that are holding the secret to limitless physics applications?!

Drop some yogurt. Not a bounce in it. 

1 hour ago, maarsen said:

Drop some yogurt. Not a bounce in it. 

Yes it does! It's not the same shape when it hits the ground as the topmost parts have bounced. The bottom parts may not have been going fast enough to overcome surface tension to notice but if you slowed it down with an excellent camera, you'd see that it does indeed bounce. Just not a lot.

15 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Deep philosophical question time: is a splash also a bounce?

Yes. Think of it as a bounce that warps the shape of the object.

Archived