Batman v. Superman VI, why was it sooo bad?

Ser Scot A Ellison

I think it was just a rushed, jumbled mess of a movie. Give Affleck a movie as Batman where he hears of Superman things that he thinks are wrong. Give Cavil a MOS sequel to do those things then merge them. They just skipped a couple steps and went right for dessert so we were all left with a belly ache. I have this on my DVR, seems like for months now, and still haven't watched it since the theatre.

5 hours ago, Relic said:

Why was it bad?

Shitty script. Shitty director. Shitty cinematography. Shitty score. Shitty acting. And cuz it was made purely to make money. 

Which it sort of did unless they got greedy and expected even more money.

Superman vs Batman managed to overcome all the shittiness and still make money. How much more would it have cost to make a great film using this concept and how much more could they have made?

2 hours ago, dbunting said:

I think it was just a rushed, jumbled mess of a movie. Give Affleck a movie as Batman where he hears of Superman things that he thinks are wrong. Give Cavil a MOS sequel to do those things then merge them. They just skipped a couple steps and went right for dessert so we were all left with a belly ache. I have this on my DVR, seems like for months now, and still haven't watched it since the theatre.

The thing is they had 3 fucking hours to tell a story. They could have easily established more clearly why Batman felt Superman was a threat. Better yet have Batman confront Superman with a "warning" and give a reasonable excuse for why Superman won't concede to all of Batman's demands. Have Lex manipulate the situation more.

Off the top of my head and excuse could have been "Superman wants to protect those close to him" (trying to remember whether the World's greatest detective figured out Superman's identity - i think he did) or "Superman refuses to let Luthor develop the doomsday creature and Batman is on the fence".

Instead we get needless Justice league set up which was so lazy it was Batman watching youtube clips about the members.

I sincerely hope that BvS doesn't justify everything having lead-in movies. Cap vs Iron Man arguably did need the set up but Batman and Superman are arguably the two most recognised heroes on the planet.

5 hours ago, red snow said:

Instead we get needless Justice league set up which was so lazy it was Batman watching youtube clips about the members.

Even stranger is that they had logos, so Lex has literally hired a graphic designer to make superhero logos for these super secret meta humans.

7 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

Even stranger is that they had logos, so Lex has literally hired a graphic designer to make superhero logos for these super secret meta humans.

Guy's a perfectionist. I'd almost let them off, if they acknowledged Lexcorp owned their Logos and marketing division.

Archived