Basement-dwellers, Hotel Mama, Mammismo – Society’s negative view on living with your parents and where it comes from

Toth

On 12. 4. 2017 at 8:27 PM, Theda Baratheon said:

I'm in a town but the town is still in cornwall lol and I have to walk hlf an hour to the train station which at least let's me LEAVE every now and again haha 

Its great for dog walking tho

I live a few kilometers away from a central European capital with a cultural life, entertainment, university, the biggest city in the coutnry ...

And the more time I am here, the more I realise it is really still just a village. Up to the point of where I am sometimes asking myself why stay here and tie myself down although I have a good opportunity to continue studying here ... the world is just so much bigger!

7 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I just want to move out of my parents house as soon as possible I really don't want to be living here any logger than necessary but there are NO FREAKIN JOBS ...though when I pass my driving test that opens up quite a few doors...

^ That part. I repeatedly check the job sites only to have the same ads appear over and over again or to get the message "there are currently no openings for your area" any time I search for things related to what I am qualified for. Until now, I found the grand total of one (1) full-time actual job (as opposed to contract work, student work, or other types of precarious employment) ad that fell under the category of what I actually studied for (and I have two MAs).

I have a driving licence, no car myself (until I live here, I can borrow when I need to drive though) - but the truth is that I really no not like driving - another reason to move into the actual city with adequate public transport connections! I suppose I got spoiled when I lived in Vienna, public transport there is just the best and you do not miss having a car at all, at any hour or day of the week or holiday.

Yep I check job sites every day!! I'm not expecting a perfect job to present itself to me I'm actively looking but where the heck are they!!! 

4 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I live a few kilometers away from a central European capital with a cultural life, entertainment, university, the biggest city in the coutnry ...

And the more time I am here, the more I realise it is really still just a village. Up to the point of where I am sometimes asking myself why stay here and tie myself down although I have a good opportunity to continue studying here ... the world is just so much bigger!

^ That part. I repeatedly check the job sites only to have the same ads appear over and over again or to get the message "there are currently no openings for your area" any time I search for things related to what I am qualified for. Until now, I found the grand total of one (1) full-time actual job (as opposed to contract work, student work, or other types of precarious employment) ad that fell under the category of what I actually studied for (and I have two MAs).

I have a driving licence, no car myself (until I live here, I can borrow when I need to drive though) - but the truth is that I really no not like driving - another reason to move into the actual city with adequate public transport connections! I suppose I got spoiled when I lived in Vienna, public transport there is just the best and you do not miss having a car at all, at any hour or day of the week or holiday.

Lol its funny because I need driving where I live which is quite rural and yet as soon as I drive I want to go back to the city hahahha 

Archived