Could Ned Stark still be alive?

HammerTron

Hello.

I'm about half way through the third book now.

I don't know if this has been suggested before.

Maybe Ned Stark is still alive.

Maybe he was not actually beheaded at Joffrey's order In the first book.

In the second book Arya is introduced to Jaqen who later reveals the ability to take another's appearance and possibly the sound of their voice.

Could it be that Ned Stark was actually replaced with an impostor who "confessed"?

When Ned Stark was beheaded Varys was described as being very surprised.  Why would he be surprised?  No one expected Joffrey to order the beheading, but Varys should still be able to maintain his composure in such an event.

Perhaps Ned Stark was going to refuse to confess and Varys replaced him so that "Ned" would "confess" in front of everyone so that the peace could be maintained.

Or, Ned was replaced by someone else without Varys knowing about it.  In that case, perhaps Varys was surprised like everyone else and displayed his surprise because he didn't think Joffrey could act contrary to his predictions. 

Varys could have been very surprised and unhappy about the beheading because a "talented" individual had just been lost.

What do you think?

1 hour ago, HammerTron said:

Hello.

In the second book Arya is introduced to Jaqen who later reveals the ability to take another's appearance and possibly the sound of their voice.

Could it be that Ned Stark was actually replaced with an impostor who "confessed"?

When Ned Stark was beheaded Varys was described as being very surprised.  Why would he be surprised?  No one expected Joffrey to order the beheading, but Varys should still be able to maintain his composure in such an event.

Perhaps Ned Stark was going to refuse to confess and Varys replaced him so that "Ned" would "confess" in front of everyone so that the peace could be maintained.

Or, Ned was replaced by someone else without Varys knowing about it.  In that case, perhaps Varys was surprised like everyone else and displayed his surprise because he didn't think Joffrey could act contrary to his predictions. 

Varys could have been very surprised and unhappy about the beheading because a "talented" individual had just been lost.

What do you think?

Ned obviously switched face with Varys and made Varys confess in his place, since Varys was the only person who visited Ned in the dungeons. So in conclusion: Varys=Ned.

7 minutes ago, GhostNymeria said:

Ned obviously switched face with Varys and made Varys confess in his place, since Varys was the only person who visited Ned in the dungeons. So in conclusion: Varys=Ned.

Ned can't switch places with Varys because he already switched places with Rhaegar and if Varys is Rhaegar that means Mance is Varys and Euron is Lyanna and Robert is actually Mace Tyrell

4 minutes ago, Universal Sword Donor said:

Ned can't switch places with Varys because he already switched places with Rhaegar and if Varys is Rhaegar that means Mance is Varys and Euron is Lyanna and Robert is actually Mace Tyrell

That's why Mace arranged the marriage between Margaery and both Renly and Joffrey/Tommen. Robert wants to make Cersei's life a misery. Which means it's actuall Robert who is the younger, more beautiful queen. There is evidence that he's actually younger than Cersei since it says in ADWD that her breasts are sagging. 

And if Mance is Varys, then fAegon=Jon.  

1 hour ago, GhostNymeria said:

Which means it's actuall Robert who is the younger, more beautiful queen

No, that could only be the case if Robert were Loras.....
Which only leaves Bloodraven being Syrio, Syrio being Jaqen H'ghar, Jaqen H'ghar being Sam, Sam being Craster and Craster being Benjen.....

7 minutes ago, Ser Walter of AShwood said:

No, that could only be the case if Robert were Loras.....
Which only leaves Bloodraven being Syrio, Syrio being Jaqen H'ghar, Jaqen H'ghar being Sam, Sam being Craster and Craster being Benjen.....

Which means Benjen is the Great other. Oh and don't forget that Benjen is also Daario.

Just now, GhostNymeria said:

Which means Benjen is the Great other. Oh and don't forget that Benjen is also Daario.

Oh, I guess I got all that wrong. I thought that Victarion was actually Daario, and that Theon was Victarion, while Tormunds member was now Theon and that Tormund had Theons member attached to him now.

How stupid of me, it all makes sense now. We always knew GRRM was shipping a Stark with a Targaryen could, but overlooked the obvious Benjen being Daario and Danearys

14 minutes ago, Ser Walter of AShwood said:

Oh, I guess I got all that wrong. I thought that Victarion was actually Daario, and that Theon was Victarion, while Tormunds member was now Theon and that Tormund had Theons member attached to him now.

How stupid of me, it all makes sense now. We always knew GRRM was shipping a Stark with a Targaryen could, but overlooked the obvious Benjen being Daario and Danearys

No you were half right. Benjen=Daario=Euron. But I never though about him being Victarion as well, but I can see that now. So a conclusion of our theory: Bloodraven=Syrio=Jaqen H'ghar=Sam=Craster=Benjen=Daario=Euron=Victarion=Theon=Tormund's member.

And from this theory we come to the final conclusion that Tormund's member=the Great Other. That is why it/he is called it the Great Other. It all makes sense now!

PS. I really need to be writing on my exams right now, but for some reason I'm doing this instead :uhoh::rofl:

10 hours ago, HammerTron said:

Hello.

What do you think?

I suppose there was a Glamorous Glamourer in the crowd and a FM took Ned's place at the blocks.  Voice would be hard to disguise though.  

11 hours ago, HammerTron said:

Hello.

~~~

What do you think?

I would say #1, to avoid spoilers for the next two books, avoid reading too many answers here in this thread, and then #2, GRRM has things happen for a reason. So yeah, people die dead, and people are who they say they are, and Bloodraven does not control everything because there is freewill in this world.

Now, as far as Ned's Bones, if you really want to get a good grip on what is happening to them and why, this thread may help... but it could be full of spoilers if you have not read past book 3.

No, no he's not. Next!

1 hour ago, Whitering said:

Ned is reborn into one of Dany's dragons.

Remember the Kahl Ned crackpot! Mirri Maz Dur fused his and Drogo's spirits and now that frankstein soul thing is riding on the crimson comet in order to be reborn into Jon's dead body. Somehow.

:rofl:

13 minutes ago, zandru said:

Ned Stark is  most assuredly alive. However, since he lacks a head and bones, he hasn't been able to take much part in the action.

Headlessness hasn't stopped Ser Robert Strong. I'm personally rooting for No Head Ned to get with Lady Stoneheart.

for serious though, Ned carries a bunch of King of the Underworld symbolism. His narrative purpose is to die, symbolizing the end of the "old order".

Archived