What was the best scene from the books in your opinion?

Ser Loras The Gay

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:34 AM, shardofNarsil said:

Also everytime Jorah redpills Dany about  Ned ,even though he clearly states how honorable Ned is , Dany always goes Blah!Blah!Usurpers's dogs REEEEEEE.

This is the best  paragraph I think I've ever read. I can't stop laughing.  I didnt even realize  how much   she made me roll my eyes about that until this reminded  me.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet: Arya killing The Tickler. "Is there gold in the village?" She was so traumatized by having to watch his torture and this was both justice and an emotional release which really moved me.

I wouldn't rate it as highly as the funeral pyre scene, but it's damn good.

For me it's the scenes around Neds  beheading. It is a great shock and awe moment for many characters.

Cersei is shocked from her smugness in the 'deal' she did with Ned, and the stunning realisation she had lost control over Joffrey.

Sansa had s brutal awakening that the songs and chivalrous tales sre fiction and the real world is soooo different and brutal.

Arya is spared the sight of Neds  iolent death but it starts her deep need for vengeful justice.

The reaction of the court is total stupefied amazement 

And the crowd went wild with frenzied bloodlust (all it was missing is for someone from flea bottom to start a game of football with the head.

I go for Cercei and Tyrion dancing with each other when the news is that Stannis has sailed to Storms End, not Kings Landing. They are happy. They are siblings. They are saved, for the moment. They usually hate each other... :)

I was bitter when this scene was not done in the series... :(

There are so many great scenes that it seems harsh to pick out any one of them.

my fav scene probably is Dany's vision quest scene in Dance. However Sansa's snow castle scene in Storm also is great.

And then I have an outlier which I never would have thought could make it but came to very much admire during a reread:

That's the burning of Winterfell, Summer's watching of the shadow fire over Winterfell and Bran & Co exploring the ruins of Winterfell afterwards, especially around the Old Keep and the entrance to the crypts.

Every single sentence in that sequence is beautiful, tragic, heavy with meaning and - in my opinion - links to prophecy.

Dany sacking Astapor.

It is time to cross the Trident, Dany thought, as she wheeled and rode her silver back. Her bloodriders moved in close around her. "You are in difficulty," she observed.

"He will not come," Kraznys said. 

"There is a reason. A dragon is no slave." And Dany swept the lash down as hard as she could across the slaver's face. Kraznys screamed and staggered back, the blood running red down his cheeks into his perfumed beard. The harpy's fingers had torn his features half to pieces with one slash, but she did not pause to contemplate the ruin. "Drogon," she sang out loudly, sweetly, all her fear forgotten. "Dracarys."

Archived