Who would you have liked to see a dialogue between?

If you could have two characters meet in person and have an exciting conversation for you to read, who would it have been? Living or dead. I'm thinking a dialogue meeting, not fighting (although it might lead up to it).

Here are some of mine:

Tywin speaking with Stannis. Imagine the coolness and utter stiffness between those two.

Tywin speaking with Lord Commander Mormont, or possibly even Mance Rayder. Could Tywin have been convinced about the actual meaning of the cold winds rising?

Jaqen H'ghar speaking with Sandor Clegane. It's one thing with the two of them bantering with Arya about warrior philosophy and stuff, but what about them having the debate with eachother?

So who would you have liked to hear a conversation between?

Tywin and Doran Martell would be an epic confrontation. Just to see if the veneer of politeness and fake platitudes cracks a little when confronted with each other. Doran and Oberyn speaking to each other in private would also be super interesting. 

I also want to lock the three Baratheon brothers in a room together and set up cameras. Or that dinner between Tywin and Robert when a cat stole Tywin's chicken. 

Robb and Ned. I would have loved to see more father/son dialogue between those two.

Stannis and Tywin. Imagine the two of them facing off. I genuinely don't know which one would break the other through sheer iron will and verbal savagery.

Robert and Stannis. It's one thing to have the two men talk about each other in passing, but actually seeing them interact would have been genuinely interesting.

Tywin and Tygett/Gerion. Just like with Robert and Stannis, Gerion and Tygett do NOT get along with Tywin, but unlike Stannis, they didn't seem to hold back from openly quarrelling with their older brother, no matter how rich or powerful he became. Would have been great to see Tywin try and fail to intimidate his brothers into submission like he did with Kevan.

58 minutes ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

Moqorro and Melissandre. I'd love to see her geting schooled by a superior black priest.

Red? ... 
And Melisandre claims to be the best within her order. I'm somewhat inclined to believe her (especially if she truly is 100+ years old), I just think she's let her own desires cloud her visions. 

Like everyone else for all the reasons mentioned, Stannis & Tywin would be my number one choice.  Robert & Stannis, Robert & Davos, and Davos & Tyrion would also be up there - outside of one off handed comment by Cersei we really only get Stannis' perspective on the Baratheon brothers, and if Robert is as dismissive of Stannis as Stannis thinks he is, then having him talk with Davos would be cool.  I'd like to see Davos and Tyrion because I'm pretty sure there would be mutual disgust and condescension (and the readers might actually side with Davos).

Further down the list are Melisandre & Cersei, Osha & Jon, Varys & Barristan, and Patchface & Damphair.

22 hours ago, Renly's Banana said:

Red? ... 
And Melisandre claims to be the best within her order. I'm somewhat inclined to believe her (especially if she truly is 100+ years old), I just think she's let her own desires cloud her visions. 

Yet only Thoros has managed to bring someone back from the dead. Accidentally, but still. 

Moqorro gets an honorable mention for stopping the infection in Vic's hand/arm but it's not quite on par with Beric's repeated resurrections.

Back to the topic...

Did we ever get a scene with Tyrion and Olenna?

6 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Yet only Thoros has managed to bring someone back from the dead. Accidentally, but still. 

Moqorro gets an honorable mention for stopping the infection in Vic's hand/arm but it's not quite on par with Beric's repeated resurrections.

Back to the topic...

Just in the TV series if i'm not mistaken. We actually have a mention of a conversation between the two, right? I don't know I'd have to check it out.

20 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Back to the topic...

Well we've never been told whether or not Melisandre is capable of resurrection. There's never been an opportunity for her to bring that up. 

As for Tyrion and Olenna, the only scene they share together is when they're walking into the throne room during Joffrey's wedding. I don't think they say too much to each other, though, mainly Olenna to Sansa while she "fusses with her hair."

Archived