Deadpool 2: Cross Universe Casting

Rhom

Couldn't find a more recent Deadpool thread than the one that closed back in March.

Reports are out that Josh Brolin has been cast as Cable.  So now he's Thanos in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and a time traveling dimension shifting mutant in the Fox Marvel Universe.

I think my head might explode.

14 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Couldn't find a more recent Deadpool thread than the one that closed back in March.

Reports are out that Josh Brolin has been cast as Cable.  So now he's Thanos in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and a time traveling dimension shifting mutant in the Fox Marvel Universe.

I think my head might explode.

The Thanos jokes in the new movie will be endless.

Was thinking about other examples of cross casting and remembered that Chris Evans was originally the Human Torch for Fox and then Captain America for MCU.

Not sure if there are others.

12 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Wanted Ron Perlman, but Brolin is pretty damn solid.

Same here.  

Cable was my favorite character when I was into comics heavy in my younger days... I'm pretty stoked for this!

18 hours ago, Rhom said:

Was thinking about other examples of cross casting and remembered that Chris Evans was originally the Human Torch for Fox and then Captain America for MCU.

Not sure if there are others.

There's Ryan Reynolds who has done Green Lantern for DC, Deadpool for Fox and some character whose name I can't remember in Blade Trinity. He just needs to show up in the MCU at some point and he'll have covered everything.

Just now, williamjm said:

There's Ryan Reynolds who has done Green Lantern for DC, Deadpool for Fox and some character whose name I can't remember in Blade Trinity. He just needs to show up in the MCU at some point and he'll have covered everything.

Oooooh... good one!

3 hours ago, williamjm said:

He played Hannibal King in Blade. Kind of a pacifistic vampire PI. Only drinks animal blood, tries not to use his vampiric powers, etc.

The artwork for Cable that leaked  a while back showed Brad Pitt as Nathan Summers, and I was just warming up to the idea of him in the roll. Eh, I guess Brolin could do a decent job. He played the straight man to Wil Smith in MiBIII, so it'll probably be more of the same in Deadpool2.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2017 at 6:40 PM, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

He played Hannibal King in Blade. Kind of a pacifistic vampire PI. Only drinks animal blood, tries not to use his vampiric powers, etc.

He was a vampire? Wow, I thought he was human the whole time. Talk about terrible exposition. 

3 hours ago, Corvinus said:

He was a vampire? Wow, I thought he was human the whole time. Talk about terrible exposition. 

He was a human in Blade Trinity. A ex-vampire that had been cured from his vampirism.

In the comics he's all vampire though. 

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

Some people will freak out, that Zazie doesn't look like the comic books.... personally... I dont care... I'll judge her Domino based on her performance... and holy toledo she is seven kinds of beautiful.

Also... in keeping with actors who've played two different superhero characters... Halle Berry... Catwoman, and Storm

Archived