Deadpool 2: Cross Universe Casting

Rhom

On 13/04/2017 at 6:52 AM, Winterfell is Burning said:

I wonder who'll play Stryfe?

I bet that one will be directed by Joel Schumacher!

14 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

The funny thing is that i was so focused on the hair and the eye patch that it took me a while to see what/who she was lying on!

The actual suit is pretty loyal. I'm thinking they could have still done a black eye patch with her it's not like her skin tone makes it impossible to have the black patch. As it is, it's not that noticeable and looks more like vitiligo.

Domino is one of those 90s characters who's defined by her power. She's pretty much a blank slate otherwise so I hope the actress and the film can inject some life into her. I'm guessing she'll be Cable's sidekick?

update: another photo

so it does seem like they are going for a more natural skin pigmentation mutation. I like the subtle gold eye

The reason that changing the look of comic characters doesn't bother me... --besides it being no big deal in the first place--....is that the artists change the look of the characters within the pages of the comics all the time... Hulk used to be gray.... iron man's original look was awful.... hawkeye changed his look... the list goes on

moreover.... mystique looks nothing like the comics... we all survived...

the  Gunslinger was written as a white guy... and we ain't going to find anyone, anywhere better than Idris Elba.... so I'm sure Zazie will be terrific... and to reiterate.... Giggity

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I like the teddy bear.

It has a lot of people wondering whether "hope" will be in the film. Around 2010 the cable series had a long arc where Cable was protecting the first new mutant since the comics had "no more mutants" and he protected her by travelling through time avoiding another time traveller bent on killing her (it was actually Bishop in the comics). It was actually a pretty good series just before the X-franchise lost its way somewhat and had avengers vs X-men.

Given Wolverine was in a timeline where no more mutants were being born and were going extinct, Deadpool 2 could potentially tie the franchise together by having Cable try and prevent the Logan timeline with the kid called Hope.

Although part of me wonders whether the teddy was just a case of them mimicking a cover from that era. I could swear I've seen it but can't find an example. There's these ones though

8 minutes ago, red snow said:

It has a lot of people wondering whether "hope" will be in the film. Around 2010 the cable series had a long arc where Cable was protecting the first new mutant since the comics had "no more mutants" and he protected her by travelling through time avoiding another time traveller bent on killing her (it was actually Bishop in the comics). It was actually a pretty good series just before the X-franchise lost its way somewhat and had avengers vs X-men.

Given Wolverine was in a timeline where no more mutants were being born and were going extinct, Deadpool 2 could potentially tie the franchise together by having Cable try and prevent the Logan timeline with the kid called Hope.

Although part of me wonders whether the teddy was just a case of them mimicking a cover from that era. I could swear I've seen it but can't find an example. There's these ones though

I hope (unintended) they don't. All the Messiah stuff was pretty overblown, and to make it really work you need M day, and then a resolution. It just seems like too much for a film that should really be trying to stay away from the convoluted stuff that held Apocalypse down, the relatively few characters in Deadpool, really worked in it's favour.

Just set it in an X-men world and don't worry about continuity too much, like the first Deadpool, and Logen did. Unless this film is determined to time travel back to the 80's we're already a good 30 years out of sync.

Also just wanted to say I hated that style they used for most (if not all) of Cable's jaunt through the future. That more 'realistic' style just doesn't work for comics, these characters are impossible, so when you try to draw them as if they are, it's just weird.

Speaking of bad art Liefeld created some truly monstrous art, a hell of a lot of it featuring Cable, pouches and guns the size of people. https://www.progressiveboink.com/2012/4/21/2960508/worst-rob-liefeld-drawings

1 hour ago, The BlackBear said:

I hope (unintended) they don't. All the Messiah stuff was pretty overblown, and to make it really work you need M day, and then a resolution. It just seems like too much for a film that should really be trying to stay away from the convoluted stuff that held Apocalypse down, the relatively few characters in Deadpool, really worked in it's favour.

Just set it in an X-men world and don't worry about continuity too much, like the first Deadpool, and Logen did. Unless this film is determined to time travel back to the 80's we're already a good 30 years out of sync.

Also just wanted to say I hated that style they used for most (if not all) of Cable's jaunt through the future. That more 'realistic' style just doesn't work for comics, these characters are impossible, so when you try to draw them as if they are, it's just weird.

Speaking of bad art Liefeld created some truly monstrous art, a hell of a lot of it featuring Cable, pouches and guns the size of people. https://www.progressiveboink.com/2012/4/21/2960508/worst-rob-liefeld-drawings

I'm with you on that. Deadpool shouldn't be the film digging itself into all that kind of stuff. Cable solo film. maybe (although I prefer him and X-force as the anti-apocalypse).

I did enjoy that run though as it had a good dynamic between Cable and the kid in the style of lone wolf and cub, "the road" etc. Ariel Olivetti's style is an odd one. I see where you're coming from with the "realistic" style although his characters always have odd proportions. I think there's a digital flatness to his work at times.

The weird thing with Cable is how he keeps getting his own series. Over the years I've read comics there weren't that many good runs (I was a teen in the 90s so I thought anything X-related was awesome back then) and part of the problem is I don't think there's that much you can do with the character on his own. He's fine as a leader of X-force and whoever at Marvel thought of teaming him up with Deadpool was a genuis. I think there was a short run by Joe Casey maybe that seemed liked it could have been good but then the X-offices chased off a bunch of good creators (Joe Kelly and Steve Seagle were actually setting up really good runs too) but that was helped by Ladronn's artwork.

Anyway I agree that Cable in this film should mainly be as a foil/straight man to Deadpool.

I agree that they should just avoid the whole Messiah thing for this film... Bringing in baby Hope would also necessitate bringing in Bishop, no?... I imagine that --if Cable goes over and gets his own film-- they wouldn;t be obligated to give the House of M "no more mutants" backstory... and could give any number of reasons --or none at all-- why mutants weren't being born...

Personally, I wouldn't mind a spin-off film where Omar Sy chases Josh Brolin through time

RE first pic of Brolin as Cable:

Not bad. They got a lot of what I recall as "Classic" Cable's look in there. The look of the techno virus n his left neck look s straight out of the comics. The gun is big but he needs more of them and at least one comically oversized gun strapped to his back in one scene for me to have a complete geekgasm. Oh, and shoulder pads at some point. 

On 8/8/2017 at 1:20 PM, The BlackBear said:

Back when I was regularly buying comics I never understood the appeal of Liefeld.  I've never cared for his art.

• 3 months later...
44 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Deadpool 2 will apparently be a spin off for The Joy of Painting :P

I also enjoyed the video description that 20th Century Fox provided:

After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry’s hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines, as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and flavor – finding a new taste for adventure and earning the coveted coffee mug title of World’s Best Lover

• 4 weeks later...

So hope that there will still be R rated DP (and hopefully X-Force, etc) films is still alive.

"It [Deadpool] clearly has been and will be Marvel branded. But we think there might be an opportunity for a Marvel-R brand for something like Deadpool," said Iger. "As long as we let the audiences know what's coming, we think we can manage that fine." 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-will-stay-r-rated-fox-disney-merger-1067651?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

5 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

So hope that there will still be R rated DP (and hopefully X-Force, etc) films is still alive.

"It [Deadpool] clearly has been and will be Marvel branded. But we think there might be an opportunity for a Marvel-R brand for something like Deadpool," said Iger. "As long as we let the audiences know what's coming, we think we can manage that fine." 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/deadpool-will-stay-r-rated-fox-disney-merger-1067651?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Good to hear some confirmation of that.

Archived