Football - #WengerOut

Consigliere

As it turns out, both games were done. Juve put on a defensive masterclass and didn't make the same mistake PSG did. They always had an outlet, were able to commit players in support of the counter and could have had a goal or two. Messi had a few chances but was not at his best tonight.

Still grumbling about how Bayern was robbed last night. That ref singlehandedly ejected them with his terrible decisions.

Video refs please. It's been enough. Not giving Casemiro that well deserved red card, which he could have had twice, was bad.

Sending Vidal off for a perfect tackle made it worse. The offside goals just capped it off.  A disgrace.

58 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

As it turns out, both games were done. Juve put on a defensive masterclass and didn't make the same mistake PSG did. They always had an outlet, were able to commit players in support of the counter and could have had a goal or two. Messi had a few chances but was not at his best tonight.

I'm sorry. I believe I clicked on "report post" by mistake. Sorry if that brings you any inconvenience...

I actually agree 100% with you.

13 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

The referee was surprisingly lenient in the Barcalona-Juventus match.

Great referee tonight. Shameful beheaviour from Barcelona players always faking, complaining, always assaulting the ref who instead remains cool. I had doubts (2 penalties invented in Barca-Milan) but this ref was way better than the one on the first leg. Hands down.

40 minutes ago, Calibandar said:

Still grumbling about how Bayern was robbed last night.

Juventus was robbed last year by Bayern, now it's their turn. I would be happier if none of those robbery had happened.

10 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

I wasn't impressed with Neymar tonight. He had lots of the ball and looked dynamic going forward, sure, but he never knows when to release the ball. It must be so frustrating for those around him, never knowing if they should continue a run or hold or whatever. He makes a lot of poor choices. But hey, he's young and he was up against a very good defense.

Neymar's 25 and has been a professional footballer since 2009. 'Young' doesn't apply any more. 'Up against a good defence' certainly does, though!

2 hours ago, mormont said:

Neymar's 25 and has been a professional footballer since 2009. 'Young' doesn't apply any more. 'Up against a good defence' certainly does, though!

This reminds me of a discussion from couple of days ago about Lukaku being eligible for Young Player of the Year in the Premiership.

If Lukaku can't get away with "young" being a year or two younger than Neymar, I don't understand why anyone would think that could apply to Neymar.

3 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

PFA team of the year De Gea, Walker, Luiz, Cahill, Rose, Mane, Alli, Kante, Hazard, Kane, Lukaku. No real surprises, no idea who would do any defensive midfield duties though.

No Sanchez is weird. He should have made the team over Alli even though Alli has had an amazing season.

18 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Surprised that Alderweireld didn't get in that team of the year. Rate him above both Luiz and Cahill.

Definitely the best central defender in the PL right now.

Just now, mormont said:

Definitely the best central defender in the PL right now.

Most definitely. Also read that he has turned down an extension at Spurs and if the rumours are to be believed, he has a £25m (or less) release clause. Everyone and their dog should be jumping on that.

44 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Yeah I would have had Azpi/Toby as the CBs. 

No way Sanchez over Mane. Hes been used more as a striker so he would be up against Lukaku and Kane and I dont think he deserves it over them. 

Except he's not exclusively a striker with Giroud and Welbeck getting all the starts there over the last few months and spelling him throughout the year. If he played striker for the entire time or if he was only a striker, I might agree with you but he's not and shouldn't be treated as an out and out striker. As it is, he's contributed to 28 goals directly with 19 goals and 9 assists in the PL. The only player with more is Lukaku with 30. Kane has 25 and then it gets significantly less from there on down. To say that he doesn't deserve to make the team over Mane or Alli, both of which have had good to great years but nothing even close to Sanchez in terms of direct contribution, seems a bit much to me. Maybe I'm biased, who knows.

Archived