Football - #WengerOut

Consigliere

It's very close but Mane has been the best attacking player on the team with the most goals scored. I just can't see dropping him. Sanchez might have more goals/assists but hes been played through the middle a lot, takes pens, and has played more games. 

1 hour ago, Mark Antony said:

It's very close but Mane has been the best attacking player on the team with the most goals scored. I just can't see dropping him. Sanchez might have more goals/assists but hes been played through the middle a lot, takes pens, and has played more games. 

Last post on this but just to add some facts to the conversation. Sanchez played 18 games at CF this season out of 31 total ( 58%). He has scored 2 penalties. In 18 games as CF, Sanchez has scored 14 goals and had 7 assists. In 13 games as LW, he scored 4 goals and had 3 assists. If Sanchez played CF the entire season, like Kane or Lukaku, he'd lead the league in goals but he didn't and I don't think it's fair for him to be compared to people who did. 

By comparison, Harry Kane has scored 20 goals total with 5 assists, 5 of which were penalties and he played 24 games at CF and Lukaku scored 24 goals and 6 assists in 32 games as CF, with no penalties. 

Fair enough if you think he shouldn't be compared to Mane or Alli since he played CF part of the season but then it's unfair to compare him to Kane/Lukaku who played CF the entire season. If that's the case, Sanchez just shouldn't make the team because he doesn't have a set position to fit into and we can ignore the fact he's contributed directly to the 2nd most goals this season and the only guy with more (2) is a guy who played 14 more games at CF.

Yeah it's an interesting one. I think that

Sanchez just shouldn't make the team because he doesn't have a set position to fit into

is definitely part of the reason why he wasn't picked.

Looking at the team again it has Mane and Hazard as midfielders and Lukaku and Kane as forwards whereas as you said Alexis has been all over the place this season. I know it should be based on individual merit but I feel like Arsenals poor 2017 form and poor record against the top 6 added to him maybe not getting as much votes as he deserved.

It was all going well until Rojo's injury. After that we have been rubbish and allowed Anderlecht back into the game. Big improvement needed in the 2nd half if we are to get through. Anderlecht have looked dangerous going forward. Looks like all German teams might be eliminated from Europe unless Schalke can come up with an inspired 2nd half.

5 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

It was all going well until Rojo's injury. After that we have been rubbish and allowed Anderlecht back into the game. Big improvement needed in the 2nd half if we are to get through. Anderlecht have looked dangerous going forward. Looks like all German teams might be eliminated from Europe unless Schalke can come up with an inspired 2nd half.

We need Herrera on pronto.

5 minutes ago, Notone said:

Well, judging by some British media outlets and the comments made there, I assumed the EL was a walk in the park for United and them winning it now, was a foregone conclusion.

Using British media outlets to judge anything is an exercise in futility.

14 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Looks like all German teams might be eliminated from Europe unless Schalke can come up with an inspired 2nd half.

#care.

My team is as far from Europe as South Africa is from winning a World Cup. And Schalke is one of those love or hate clubs. I don't support them, so I am really somewhat indifferent to that game. And they're up 2-0 now.

1 minute ago, Notone said:

#care.

My team is as far from Europe as South Africa is from winning a World Cup. And Schalke is one of those love or hate clubs. I don't support them, so I am really somewhat indifferent to that game. And they're up 2-0 now.

I wasn't even replying to you in that post so this post of yours is rather pointless.

Anyway, 3 games are atm heading for extra time.

United - Anderlecht

Schalke - Ajax

Besiktas - Lyon

Only Celta is atm on course to qualify without 30 more minutes, and at the same time they are one goal away from elimination.

And Celta scored, so they are now really on course for the next round.

Archived