Football - #WengerOut

Consigliere

Also:

7 hours ago, Mmerek Hamšzulíe said:

Watching the Europa League highlights, Besiktas' loanee Talisca looks like a star in the making. 23 years and 191 cm tall, he scored a belter with his right foot and then later a clinical header. Does anyone follow Turkish football and know whether he's the real deal or if he just had a one-off?

I'm not familiar but rumour says we want to swap him for Juan Mata in summer, so presumably he's having a good season all round.

Got to say, that's one of the things I like about the Europa league, it's a good chance for upcomers playing in lesser known leagues to announce themselves to the world. Like I said during the game Tielemans, who's won young player of the year in Belgium twice in a row now looks a heck of a prospect, and Uros Spajic who had a fantastic game at CB is only 24 too (strongly suspect both will be the subject of offers in the summer, although Spajic only just signed a permanent deal after being on loan so he'll probably hang about at least a year. Seems like Everton are strongly linked with Tielemans).

11 hours ago, Mmerek Hamšzulíe said:

Watching the Europa League highlights, Besiktas' loanee Talisca looks like a star in the making. 23 years and 191 cm tall, he scored a belter with his right foot and then later a clinical header. Does anyone follow Turkish football and know whether he's the real deal or if he just had a one-off?.

Fallen off my radar since he moved to Turkey, but I remember he had a brilliant run at Benfica leading to rumours £40m moves. However during his second season his form dropped and they sold him on to Besiktas. He got his own back by scoring earlier this season when they played in the Champions League.

A part of me, was actually wondering if that means he would be fit for the start of the MLS season. I think/thought finishing his career in the US was part of his career planing. I was (and still am) more curious whether he plays another season for United before going to NY.

2 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Zlatan and Rojo both did their ligaments and will probably be out for the rest of the year. Fucking hell.

Knackering your ligaments, at the age of 35, while involved in contract negotiations. Terrible, terrible timing. Has he ever even had a serious injury before?

So both West Ham and Everton have seen enough of their former first choice between the sticks, and have recalled Adrian and Stekelenburg respectively. 

Can't really argue - Robles has looked increasingly erratic of late. The penalty last match was bad.

5 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Zlatan and Rojo both did their ligaments and will probably be out for the rest of the year. Fucking hell.

Massive blow for us. That Anderlecht game, in addition to being incredibly frustrating, has proved very costly for us. There are some rumours circulating that Zlatan has decided to retire. If true, it's an awful way to end a great career. Rojo's injury leaves us with Bailly as our only fit recognized CB. Wouldn't mind seeing Axel Tuanzebe getting a run though.

Bundesliga relegation battle remains interesting. Darmstadt might be as good as relegated, but they were still able to win at Mordor, today. 16th place Augsburg still just needs one point from their last 4 games to make Darmstadt's drop official. And four goals by Kruse put Werder on an EL spot atm. Mainz were able to win a point of injury plagued Bayern, who will end their campaign without Neuer.

West Ham are still best set up to defend deep and counter-attack.  It's how they had most of their success last season.  Reid and Collins always play better in tight, physical games, and they were both good today. 

Everton were pretty poor going forward, though.  

Yeah great knock by Willian. Shit happens when he's in the lineup. Just hard to do so with Hazard and Pedro filling those positions. Would've liked to seen Diego in the starting lineup to work through his funk.

That had to hurt. Ouch!

ETA: Probably reading too much into it through the replays, but Alli took one short step right after stretching. All his other steps were long. That step was right on Luiz' ancle. Could be deliberate.

Archived