Football - #WengerOut

Consigliere

Hazard comes on to the field and just puts his name all over it. What a blast by Matic. Chelsea's best players coming on fresh with 30 minutes left is too much for Spurs, whose best players had less tread on the tires.

1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

Can you imagine if Spurs won the title and then beat Arsenal in the FA cup final? Piers Morgan would literally explode.

Well, I'm glad we avoided one part of this ( totally okay with Morgan exploding though) 

Can't wait to see the shower of shit we churn out tomorrow against City. At least I'll get to enjoy Sean 'tactical mastermind' Dyche's Burnley against United for 45 minutes. 

Just now, polishgenius said:

Hey, I'm quite enjoying it. Not an amazing game but we're playing well.

Sorry, I realize you're talking about United. Forgot they were playing at the same time. Just as you posted that, the announcers on the City/Arsenal game were talking about Arsenal trying to set up the count attack and needed pace with Giroud up front. 

Yeah, we're seeing the effect where Zlatan not playing (not just today tbf, it happened v Chelsea too) means we can combine fast players and suddenly look a lot more threat. This improvement does rely on Rashford and Martial being in form which they haven't always been this season, but Rashford's back on it and Martial's good today with Rashford rested, so...

Lingard's become an important part of it. He combines well with both.

2 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

City robbed there. Clear goal. GLT would have had the right call in seconds

Yea, we got lucky. That's a tough call for the linesman though, I thought it was out when I first saw it as it went over the top of the goal. Also, the angle we saw was slightly from the left which is a different angle then the linesman would have seen (right on the end line).

Archived