Football - #WengerOut

Consigliere

It would depend how things pan out for him for the remainder of the season. Martial should get plenty of opportunity to play now with Zlatan out and he did have a good game today. I doubt that he leaves and it would also depend on who comes in for him. Considering what we paid, I don't see the club accepting anything less than £60m.

Hopefully Martial and Rashford can find consistency in their game - we desperately need them now. It was a thoroughly professional performance today. We got the job done against a difficult opponent although a number of players were feeling the effects of Thursday night towards the end of the game. We looked a tired side in the last few minutes.

1 minute ago, Consigliere said:

Considering what we paid, I don't see the club accepting anything less than £60m.

On the other hand, do you see any club offering anywhere near that amount?

1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

Pace? On the break!? What is this new devilry?

That was an exquisite pass from Ander Herrera for Martial's goal.  Joey Barton was really badly exposed there, and all game long really. 

Great win for Arsenal. I was never very confident about this match, even watching it City did manage a large number of good chances. But we seemed to have more energy than we have had in previous matches and to come from behind and get stronger as the game goes on is not something we're known for.

Not convinced we have what it takes to beat Chelsea, but anything can happen in a Cup final.

18 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Kinda happy Arsenal won. Them and Chelsea will be a cool final. Do you think if Arsenal win that Wenger is safe?

Typical Lovren on Bentekes goal. Awful positioning. Don't see how people rate him. 

Wenger is always safe no matter what. The only way he leaves is if he wants to leave and he doesn't want to leave. So expect to see Wenger sign another 2 year deal.

As for the match, really happy we won. Some players were pretty terrible the entire game (looking at you Ozil, Ramsey, Giroud) but thought Monreal, Chamberlain and the back three were excellent. I don't see how we beat Chelsea playing like we did but happy to get to the finals and have a shot.

Another idiotic challenge by Ramos and another red card for his collection. He may have a knack for scoring important goals but his defending leaves alot to be desired. If Barca hold on for the win here, the title race is well and truly on.

Really great game of football. Real came back to equalise with 10 men but were caught on the counter and Messi scored the winner with the last kick of the game. Think Real were a little naive given their position in the league. A draw would have been a great result for them so it might have been wiser to look to see out the final few minutes after having equalised especially with a man down. Great result for the neutral though - the title race in Spain is very much alive.

5 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Really kind of Liverpool to keep the door open.

Yes, and not a surprise either.  It's surprising United got two wins against Chelsea and away to Burnley to make us rue our slip.  If we don't keep messing up, our saving grace could be Utd vs City -- one of them has to drop points.  It's still no better than 50:50 that we make top four, despite other sources touting better odds. 

17 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Typical Lovren on Bentekes goal. Awful positioning. Don't see how people rate him. 

The thing about Lovren is that I will always be on the lookout for his screwup. He's done it so many times that I just can't stop expecting it. He's the kind of player who can play a great game for 90 minutes and then make such a colossal blunder in stoppage time that you just have to wonder how he got to play at that level in the first place.

42 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Spot on man. I just don't feel comfortable with him in our back four. Mignolet has at least improved a little. Lovren has not.

and after I made that post Lovren cost us another goal. Calamity 

Well, he doesn't cover himself in glory in the lead up to the corner, but if you feel like berating a defender - berate Can. He's supposed to pick up Benteke, but he does f*ck all - literaly - and gives Benteke a free road to goal. 

Archived