Football - #WengerOut

Consigliere

Good start for Newcastle. Looking good for securing promotion tonight.

ETA. Preston came back into the game nicely and look dangerous on the counter. However, Newcastle hit them with a lightning quick counter to reclaim the lead just before halftime. Both sides look vulnerable defensively so I'm expecting more goals in this one. Really entertaining game so far.

Small venture into the transfer rumour mill. Looks like Bayern feels like it's time to do what other rich Europeans do. Go for a shopping in London. Northern London to be precise. Arsenal's Sanchez and Tottenham's Walker are rumoredly on their short list for next season.

Ended up being quite comfortable for Newcastle. Gallagher's stupidity and the converting of the resulting penalty effectively ended the game as a contest. Newcastle are back in the big time and just as Sunderland and 'Boro are headed down. Matt Richie was excellent and will be crucial to Newcastle's hopes of staying up. Bet Bournemouth are regretting that transfer. Newcastle will need a significant overhaul of their squad. Rafa does have the 'pull' and I'm sure he will be handed a healthy transfer budget. That defensive organisation really needs sorting out though.

11 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Matt Richie was excellent and will be crucial to Newcastle's hopes of staying up. Bet Bournemouth are regretting that transfer.

Probably a bit (although I think Richie was antsing for a move), but even though they're not necessarily like-for-like positionally I doubt Joshua King would be having the season he is if Richie had stayed (and King's been one of the best players in the league post-Christmas), so I reckon they've got over it.

The Everton U-23 side won the PL-2 title last night. Generally, that doesn't mean much, but it's a bit of fun nontheless.

Also, they've been doing so without Tom Davies, and (for the most part) without Dominic Calvert-Lewin, so there is some talent there. Hope one or two more can step up in the coming seasons.

Poor game, but the penalty takers are very good thus far. Let's see how that concludes.

I jinxed three saved penalties in a row. And Frankfurt advances to the Cup Final. And tomorrow we will see, against whom they are gonna lose.

Nice to see Costa put two in the net tonight. We're gonna need him to finish strong to avoid any slip-ups. Then he can go to China or France or wherever the hell he wants to go. Hazard great, as well. Interesting move to put Cesc up on wing, but I like the way it worked out. I see we haven't had a clean sheet in 11 games. That's pretty bad. When you have Hazard and crew I guess it doesn't matter. For now at least...

Conte looks like a wizard in regards to his starting lineup from Saturday. Gets his two best players on the field fresh for last 30 minutes, and wins the match. Seemed pretty clear that the momentum from that win would carry over to today, with Costa and Hazard getting the start not completely gassed from a big matchup a few days before.

Good test this weekend against Everton, which seems like the last chance for lost points this season. Of course I didn't think we'd lose points to CP either. 

I'm watching the cup semi between Bayern and Dortmund. Excellent game of football so far. Aubameyang just equalised after Robben missed a gilt-edged chance to put Bayern 3-1 up. Great block on the line by Bender though.

ETA. and Dortmund go 3-2 up. Top finish from Dembele.

Well, kinda disappointing season for him to leave the playing stage. He probably hoped to end his career with the CL title, but would have settled for cup and league title. As of now, he will probably bow out with just the league title.

Unlikely. His contract would run for another season, but Lahm said this would be his last, anyway. And he is one of those guys, who stick by their choices, once they've made up their mind. He also turned down the offer to become Bayern's next director of football. Same story as with the German team. He could have easily played the Euros in France, if he'd wanted to. But he retired after the World Cup. And his clearly said, that he does not wish to play until his late thirties (he said something along the lines he intends to retire by age 34 a few years ago).

Bayern a in for a bit of an overhaul anyway. Robben and Ribery won't be around forever. And now Lahm and Xabi Alonso are retiring.

Archived