Football - #WengerOut

Consigliere

14 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

The BBC report linked above included a quote from the mayor of Liverpool city (emphasis mine):  "Not only is it racist in a sense that he is of mixed-race descent, equally it's a racial stereotype of Liverpool. It is racist and prehistoric."

Quite a parochial stretch on the definition of "racial", not to mention an absurdly parochial usage of "equally".

The racial element has been used to really dig the knife in, because even if it's completely untrue McKensie will be stuck with being labelled a racist for life now. As much as I hate the man I don't think that is fair

Kelvin MacKenzie was a racist (and a homophobe and a misogynist and many other things) before this column and is one still. If you 'don't think that is fair', you either never read a Sun headline while he was editor, or your feelings about him tend to sympathy rather than hate. Whether or not he was unaware of Barkley's ancestry, it's extremely unlikely he would have given a shit if he had been.

42 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Kelvin MacKenzie used to support Charlton but switched to QPR after Charlton went down to League One. He's the worst.

Now that looks random.

@mormont

MacKenzie is a racist, misogynist and many other despicable things.

Your next post has Mackenzie switching support from Charlton to QPR.

I know your post was not intended as a response or crescendo, but it made me chuckle nonetheless.

Anyhow.

So that my response is not just some meta conversation, about the football thread itself. Now to something completely different.

The Dortmund bombing incident. The Islamist that was arrested, has been charged. Just not with the bombing. He had been charged for membership in a terrorist organization. The motif behind the bomb explosion near the Dortmund bus is still somewhat uncertain. The letters found nearby claiming it as an Islamist terror attack looks somewhat dubious. Those letters do not fit with the MO of previous terror attacks. The content itself lacks the typical set phrases. Atm investigation is going at all directions.

Right wing extremist, false flag attack. Left extremist attack (there was some very phoney claim of responsibility posted online). And of course Islamist terrorism. 

Side note. Tuchel was not happy to play less than 24 hours later. The decission making process of the Dortmund board, apparently did not involve Tuchel or the team. I can somewhat see why Watzke opted to for that date. Given that Dortmund's schedule is quite full this month. (League game today. Wednesday 2nd leg against Monaco, Saturday is again a league game, Wednesday Semi-Final German Cup against Bayern, then it's Bundesliga again on Saturday, and that's the end of April).

3 hours ago, Notone said:

Now that looks random.

@mormont

MacKenzie is a racist, misogynist and many other despicable things.

Your next post has Mackenzie switching support from Charlton to QPR.

I know your post was not intended as a response or crescendo, but it made me chuckle nonetheless.

Hey, it absolutely was intended. Give me some credit here. :P

1 hour ago, Horse of Kent said:

Crazy finish to the Milan derby. Milan come from two down, scoring in the 97th minute with goal-line technology making the decision.

Was wild for sure. Goal line tech came in clutch. Cant beleive La Liga still doesnt use it. 

Jags scoring in his third consecutive game. Well done. He wasn't really all that apart from the goal - looking shaky again defensively - but we won, so it's all right, I guess.

Lukaku scoring in his ninth straight home game. 

7 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Southampton always look so good when they play Liverpool but whenever I watch them play against anyone else they rarely impress. 

Really? I've watched them a weirdly large amount of times this season considering I don't support them and they've been the better team against almost everyone they've played- they've just sucked at scoring, sans Gabbiadini.

Not today though, I guess (this time, I'm not watching).

Crucial win for Liverpool. Stoke and West Brom away were always potential banana skins but 'Pool dug in and got the wins. Especially important with us playing Chelsea where it is unlikely we get the win - we might sneak a draw at best - and with City winning as well, the top 4 is pretty much locked in. The only question is whether Liverpool or City finishes third.

Nice to pick up that win.  Yesterday was pretty high scoring, with all the other top teams picking up strong wins.  Pulis' anti-football has a very good record against us.  Based on the last five years, he looks like Utd's next manager.

I'd like to see a Chelsea draw today to keep Utd behind us but create some interest in the title chase.  But, having scored first, Utd may be able to hang on.  We'll see. 

Archived