Trailer Thread IV

HexMachina

9 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Main Dunkirk trailer. This looks pretty good.

It looks like good spectacle and I'm quite hyped to see Nolan doing something that isn't going to involve him out-clevering himself but I'm seriously struggling to understand what must be a deliberate decision to make so much of the line delivery completely and utterly flat.

3 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Main Dunkirk trailer. This looks pretty good.

I liked that trailer but Nolan's movies haven't been anything more than "Good" in awhile and they've felt formulaic in their pacings, soundtrack and plotlines (thinking of TDKR, Inception, Interstellar). 

11 hours ago, Corvinus said:

All of USA will freak out when they hear Rick Grimes speak with a British accent. :P

And why is this being released in May? Not a Christmas movie.

It's not a real movie, it's a short thing they made for UK Comic Relief (Red Nose Day, a comedy telethon basically but a pretty huge event in the UK) a few weeks ago that's now being repackaged for the US version of Red Nose Day on the 25th of May. Which I didn't know was a thing.

12 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

It's not a real movie, it's a short thing they made for UK Comic Relief (Red Nose Day, a comedy telethon basically but a pretty huge event in the UK) a few weeks ago that's now being repackaged for the US version of Red Nose Day on the 25th of May. Which I didn't know was a thing.

Well I learned something new. Thanks.

The trailer to the second season of Top 'O the Lake looks really good -- especially considering the cast beyond Elizabeth Moss, whom I have never warmed to as an actress.  I never finished watching the first season for a lot of reasons that can be umbrellaed by "it wasn't interesting."

But this one looks like it is interesting -- and it has Gwendoline Christie in a primary role, as Moss's character's second.  She looks really good in it from what we're given in the trailer.

4 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Pure Drama 2017: Trailer - BBC

Wow,what a great line-up of shows from the beeb.Can't wait!

Most interested in Troy Fall of a City myself. Howards End perhaps as well. Maybe Miniaturist.

I missed Watership Down in the list but maybe they didn't include it because it's animated.

9 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Pure Drama 2017: Trailer - BBC

Wow,what a great line-up of shows from the beeb.Can't wait!

Exciting! Surprised to see Peaky Blinders, I expected it next year. Are these definitely all due for release in 2017 does anyone know? 

First season of Dr. Foster was really good so happy to see another season of that. 

I love Howards End. So. Freaking. Much. They better do a good job (though thisnis the kind of thing I generally trust the Beeb to do very well). 

Will wait and see trailers for the Troy show. Its the kind of thing which can be really great or truly awful, I'll see how it looks in the trailers.

1 hour ago, Corvinus said:

Is Kit Harrington starring in a show about Guy Fawkes?

Yep, looks like he is one of the leads: http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2017/gunpowder-further-casting

*blows raspberry* booo

Archived