Trailer Thread IV

HexMachina

12 hours ago, kairparavel said:

I don't know anything about this except that it looked amazing.

I just watched this via the WaPo!  It does look amazing -- as long as it stays in Wakanda.  Otherwise, we're back to same old same old.  But then, I'm the sort that wanted all the Wonder Women stories to be set on Themyscira.

OTOH, maybe all the trailer takes place in Wakanda itself?  I'm not sure at all where the room in which the two white guys facing each other is supposed to be located.

8 hours ago, Zorral said:

OTOH, maybe all the trailer takes place in Wakanda itself?  I'm not sure at all where the room in which the two white guys facing each other is supposed to be located.

Since there's so much emphasis in the trailer on Wakanda being close to outsiders, I'm assuming that if they were in Wakanda then a local would be doing the interrogation rather than a United Nations employee like Martin Freeman's character.

Its very unsurprising that they are remaking Flatliners. Its exactly the sort of high concept, low brainpower movie that is seemingly the norm in the horror genre on the whole. The original I was very excited about I remember, until I realised how they took what is essentially a very cool idea (what happens after death) and turned it into the Candyman or something. I guess I was hoping for something more like Jacobs Ladder or something much deeper and more more thoughtful. But really it was always just a trashy film that featured cool young actors. Pretty much exaclty what this is doing too.. but maybe even stupider.

Brigsby Bear Trailer

Goodbye Christopher Robin Trailer

Jungle Trailer

Trailer for Whitney Houston documentary Whitney: Can I Be Me

Second Trailer for Detroit

Trailer for Happy Death Day, aka "What if Groundhog Day was a slasher movie?"

41 minutes ago, GallowKnight said:

Trailer for Jumanji 2: Welcome to the Jungle

I found it surprisingly enjoyable. I was worried that they were simply trying to remake it, but the spin with the kids becoming video game characters makes different enough, that I might not even care to compare it to the old one. And Kevin Hart and Jack Black should provide sufficient comedic value.

I just hope that if it flops, The Rock is not going to get all pissy on Twitter again.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 7:20 PM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

SWEDISH DICKS - Peter Stormare, Keanu Reeves Series

WTF is Pop?  I'm getting sick of all these obscure channels having one interesting looking show.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived