Trailer Thread IV

HexMachina

7 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I'm very excited for this movie.

Has a lot to live up to after the first movie, but looks promising to me. One thing from the trailer that doesn't bother me personally, but seems spoiler-y if you hadn't paid attention to news surround this 

Is having Firth back after killing his character in the first movie. Like I said, not bothered myself but surprised they put that in the trailer

18 minutes ago, GallowKnight said:

Trailer for Netflix urban fantasy movie Bright

I'm loving this.

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, I wish it had a better director. I love the premise. Cop Buddy Movie with a Shadowrunny backdrop? Sign me up.

Fury is a great film, I don't believe Suicide Squad was ever the film he intended to make, it plays like the studio came in and hacked it apart. He's also addressed the criticism of SS, so it's not like he's in a bubble of ignorance.

19 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Has a lot to live up to after the first movie, but looks promising to me. One thing from the trailer that doesn't bother me personally, but seems spoiler-y if you hadn't paid attention to news surround this

Hide contents

Is having Firth back after killing his character in the first movie. Like I said, not bothered myself but surprised they put that in the trailer

Spoiler

Yeah they really showed him a lot in this, it was more ambiguous in the first trailer.

In terms of being good this one has a high watermark to pass. There were no expectations on the first one, there are now.

I barely feel this is worth a post. but this Defenders Teaser has a small amount of Punisher at the end:

Just now, The BlackBear said:

I'm loving this.

Fury is a great film, I don't believe Suicide Squad was ever the film he intended to make, it plays like the studio came in and hacked it apart. He's also addressed the criticism of SS, so it's not like he's in a bubble of ignorance.

I haven't seen Fury, and I suppose that's a fair breakdown of what happened with Suicide Squad. I like the premise enough to give it a shot in any case. Here's hoping it's good.

9 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

End of Watch is really good too.

14 hours ago, Kalbear said:

I know it's almost certainly going to suck, but Bright is triggering all my fantasies about Shadowrun. 

I know, right? Every time I see something about Bright I just wish that Netflix had made a Shadowrun movie.

ETA: That's a better Dark Tower trailer than first one; doesn't make it seem like a YA adventure story the way the first one did.

It's quite a good trailer, but I'm a bit surprised it doesn't make any mention of the main plot about the Easter Egg Hunt, I suppose maybe they're saving that detail until a later trailer. What it does seem to have is a similar number of pop culture references to the original.

15 hours ago, williamjm said:

It's quite a good trailer, but I'm a bit surprised it doesn't make any mention of the main plot about the Easter Egg Hunt, I suppose maybe they're saving that detail until a later trailer. What it does seem to have is a similar number of pop culture references to the original.

Well I thought the book was basically a dreadful teen lit monster, full of internet cliches and tired visions of virtual reality. This trailer seems to have captured that perfectly.

20 hours ago, williamjm said:

Yeah, having not read the book, that trailer looks like a terrible fucking movie.  And I had zero idea what the main plot would be until I read a post on another board answering a question about what the plot actually is.

Archived