Trailer Thread IV

HexMachina

6 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Also very excited for the Punisher, i hope he gets to interact with Iron Fist at some point just for the shits and giggles. 

While it would be fun to see how Frank Castle reacts to Danny doing his explanation about becoming the immortal Iron Fist after punching a dragon, I think it might be best to keep Danny clear of the Punisher series because otherwise there's a risk that some ninjas might creep into the plot and nobody wants that.

3 hours ago, Mexal said:

I think it looks good and I like Vikander. Think she's a good actress, especially in The Danish Girl and Ex-Machina. Thought she was also good in that Guy Ritchie film that no one probably liked but me.

The Man From Uncle? I liked it, and I thought all the leads including Vikander put in entertaining performances. 

However, I'm not too convinced about the new Tomb Raider film from the trailer. I agree that having more adventure movies could be a good thing, but nothing about the trailer seemed to stand out.

1 hour ago, Kalbear said:

That reminds me a lot of the Baby Driver coordination with shooting and music, and some of it is very John Wick like in the gunplay. And Karen Page is in it!

Agree with this. The beginning gave me chills just hearing the intro to "One", and then the synchronization of Lars' drum riff with Frank's gunshots was inspired. Really looking forward to this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=155&v=dt__kig8PVU

Trailer for Wes Anderson's Isle of Dogs. I'm looking forward to this one, I hope I'll be able to check it out in theatre :)

On 20-9-2017 at 8:21 PM, The Wolves said:

I don’t know about this one. 

On one hand I LOVE Tomb Raider and I like Alicia Vikander(spelling?)BUT, I find her a boring actress and the trailer didn’t grab my attention as much as I had hoped. 

I guess I will wait for reviews before I watch this. 

The trailer is pretty boring imo. I actually feel the same about Vikander. She was great in Ex Machina, but she gives pretty much the same performance in every film I have seen her in so  far. 

22 hours ago, Corvinus said:

I would not keep my hopes up for this new Tomb Raider, as it is still a video game based film. But it does look better than Jolie's version.

Jolie's version is a national treasure :P I mean, it was definitely bad, but in quite an entertaining manner. This just looks dull on the other hand. 

8 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Seems more like a "he who smelt it is he who dealt it," and you definitely called it a national treasure, so looks like it belongs to you ;) 

well, I guess there are worse things than getting stuck with Tomb Raider era Angelina Jolie :P 

11 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I'm so excited! 

@Buckwheat

Indeed!

Spoiler

So now Valencia will be the sensible one who asks "Are we seriously going through with this?" ("this" probably being some crazy revenge plan involving burning things down) while Heather goes along with it just because she loves "draaama"?

Archived