Trailer Thread IV

HexMachina

18 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Japan isn't nearly a big enough market for the US to regularly be making $150mil+ movies on the hope that they break big there. China can be conceivably, but I don't think they have any greater a tradition of that kind of thing than the rest of the world.

China has become a good market for these kind of movies. For example, the Transformer movies continue to have massive success there, while they've fizzled out in the U.S.

• 2 weeks later...

You were never really here looks really interesting, I could probably watch  Phoenix doing anything right now. 

Jurassic World 2 is about as uninteresting a movie as I could imagine, and I reasonably enjoyed Jurassic world. I simply have no interest in the continued storyline of those 'characters'. 

I am however surprised by how much I liked the Batman Ninja trailer. My initial instincts were that this is ridiculous, but it somehow sort of works!

Jurassic World 2 looks astonishingly bad. I cannot believe they came up with that as a way to expand the franchise. It looks like the worst kind of Ronald Emmerich film.

17 minutes ago, Eggegg said:

My initial instincts were that this is ridiculous, but it somehow sort of works!

This seems to be the initial reaction of pretty much everyone.

9 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Jurassic World 2 looks astonishingly bad. I cannot believe they came up with that as a way to expand the franchise. It looks like the worst kind of Ronald Emmerich film.

I was too bored to even finish the trailer! Thats how bad it was. Maybe they are just trying to out-do Jurassic Park 2: The Lost World.

I really don't think the franchise has any legs storytelling wise anyway.

12 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer

Wait...can't they just make new dinosaurs whenever they want?  Why would they bother sending a rescue team to save the fucking dinosaurs?

12 hours ago, polishgenius said:

My exact thought during the volcano chase scene was "This looks like Dante's Peak meets Jurassic Park." Then during the Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom title scene, I thought "With a Transformers move title." It really did look like a bunch of overdone scenes and cliches crammed together in a movie. I feel like I've seen people run from a dinosaur stampede a million times in these movies. 

Yeah, extremely impressed by the cinematography and design featured in this trailer. Had no idea about the project, but found it pretty exciting and hope that the whole feature is as bold in its design.

Yeah the visual style of that looks great, I like the jerky animation which is reminiscent of stop frame animation, and the quirky colour choices and effects. Could be interesting, I think it would need to be interesting to separate it from stuff like Homecoming.

Archived