I want to read TWOW NOW !

Ydra Stark

first topic ! 

First watched the TV Show, then bought AGOT E-Book. First sentence had me hooked. 

TV Shows are fun to watch, but they miss the target with removing a lot of good characters. 

So we saw what the creators of the TV Show did with the future of our beloved characters.

now its time George releases TWOW so we can FINALLY read what REALLY happens..

c'mon its taking to d*mn long, im wondering if we will ever read ADOS, considering the age of GRRM en the duration of his writing.

when do you think TWOW will be released ?

I don't want to rush into anything. I think I need more time to mentally prepare before reading the next book. ;)

Actually, we should try to think through what will happen in America and the world when the book is finally released. Many, many smart people will be calling in sick to work, taking vacation time, etc. so they can stay home to read. Many people will stay up late and be sleepy at work the next day. We should really have a plan in place so bad guys don't take advantage of this vulnerability and make plans to invade or hack important systems when everyone is busy reading.

I imagine the show will run it's course before we see the next novel. I hope I'm wrong, but that's the way it's looking. I also have concerns if we'll ever see Dream. Whatever you want to say about D&D and the show, they give us something every summer without fail. At least we're getting some sort of new content, even if it's watered down.

5 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

I imagine the show will run it's course before we see the next novel. I hope I'm wrong, but that's the way it's looking. I also have concerns if we'll ever see Dream. Whatever you want to say about D&D and the show, they give us something every summer without fail. At least we're getting some sort of new content, even if it's watered down.

The TV Show isn't bad, for those who don't read the novels it's pretty awesome.

But the story went a different road, and that's not satisfying for those who read the novels. We dont know where the novels go and thats verry frustrating. 

Every time i wacthed a new episode of s6 i thought: Will this happen in the novels ? 

1 minute ago, Ydra Stark said:

The TV Show isn't bad, for those who don't read the novels it's pretty awesome.

But the story went a different road, and that's not satisfying for those who read the novels. We dont know where the novels go and thats verry frustrating. 

Every time i wacthed a new episode of s6 i thought: Will this happen in the novels ? 

You can make some fairly educated guesses if you read between the lines, though speculation based on the show is forbidden on this forum for some reason... which makes it hard to speculate anything at all that might be similar to what happened in the show, but that's another conversation. To the next novel, supposedly Martin's hoping to announce a release date this year, but we heard the same rumors in 2016, 2015 and so forth...

My favorite quote to quell my impatience:

Ten years from now, no one is going to care how quickly the books came out. The only thing that will matter, the only thing anyone will remember, is how good they were. That's my main concern, and always will be. - GRRM

The showrunners obviously have concerns that, for Hollywood/HBO, are different and insurmountable (like actors aging, budget, and an agreed-upon schedule).

3 minutes ago, bilplat said:

My favorite quote to quell my impatience:

Ten years from now, no one is going to care how quickly the books came out. The only thing that will matter, the only thing anyone will remember, is how good they were. That's my main concern, and always will be. - GRRM

The showrunners obviously have concerns that, for Hollywood/HBO, are different and insurmountable (like actors aging, budget, and an agreed-upon schedule).

Irony being... he said that in 2007.

3 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

You can make some fairly educated guesses if you read between the lines, though speculation based on the show is forbidden on this forum for some reason... which makes it hard to speculate anything at all that might be similar to what happened in the show, but that's another conversation. To the next novel, supposedly Martin's hoping to announce a release date this year, but we heard the same rumors in 2016, 2015 and so forth...

Pretty simple reason: for some scenarios, we can't tell if the show's plot deviates from the books or not. This turns the show into a possible huge spoiler, especially for seasons 6 and 7 (once it is shown). Hopefully you can respect peoples' desire to avoid spoilers.

8 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

Irony being... he said that in 2007.

Ha, didn't catch that. Its the sentiment that counts though. I'll put it another way:

Forty (Edit: 10000000000) years from now, I'm not going to care how quickly the books came out. The only thing that will matter, the only thing I will remember, is how good they were. That's my main concern, and always will be.  - bilplat

Edit: I'm kidding around. I'll definitely remember how slow GRRM is.

2 minutes ago, bilplat said:

Hopefully you can respect peoples' desire to avoid spoilers.

Sure, going around posting spoilers is a jerk move. But let's face it, if you don't want to be spoiled, an internet forum is the last place you should be. It's much akin to a hitting your head while walking through a four foot doorway, because you shouldn't have to duck. Maybe you shouldn't, maybe it doesn't make any sense, but you still have some accountability for choosing to walk through that door. Or logging into a forum.

1 hour ago, Ydra Stark said:

first topic ! 

First watched the TV Show, then bought AGOT E-Book. First sentence had me hooked. 

TV Shows are fun to watch, but they miss the target with removing a lot of good characters. 

So we saw what the creators of the TV Show did with the future of our beloved characters.

now its time George releases TWOW so we can FINALLY read what REALLY happens..

c'mon its taking to d*mn long, im wondering if we will ever read ADOS, considering the age of GRRM en the duration of his writing.

when do you think TWOW will be released ?

I think it will be released this year.

Im also worried George won't have the time to finnish ADOS.

2 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

Sure, going around posting spoilers is a jerk move. But let's face it, if you don't want to be spoiled, an internet forum is the last place you should be. It's much akin to a hitting your head while walking through a four foot doorway, because you shouldn't have to duck. Maybe you shouldn't, maybe it doesn't make any sense, but you still have some accountability for choosing to walk through that door. Or logging into a forum.

This isn't just any internet forum. It's very clearly a forum designed for discussing ONLY the books. If that hasn't been made clear, please check

It's like walking through a regular doorway, then some asshole decides to blindside me with a 2x4.

Just now, Renly's Banana said:

Wow this thread still hasn't been locked? Astounding. 

Ikr? I want the book to be released this year, but I really don't know if George finished it. He's planning his next move that'll be helping the producers from the show to make a cohesive story for the TV series. But I might be wrong and he is just waiting the Hype for the season finale.

Just now, bilplat said:

This isn't just any internet forum. It's very clearly a forum designed for discussing ONLY the books. If that hasn't been made clear, please check

1) People collectively rarely follow the rules.

2) You can't have any sort of conversation regarding the novels on the show forum.

3) This problem would be solved by having a joint show/novel forum with book/show subforums instead.

Archived