I want to read TWOW NOW !

Ydra Stark

1 minute ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

Ikr? I want the book to be released this year, but I really don't know if George finished it. He's planning his next move that'll be helping the producers from the show to make a cohesive story for the TV series. But I might be wrong and he is just waiting the Hype for the season finale.

He hasn't "helped" D&D in years now. His involvement in the show is minimal. I imagine basically non-existent at this point. 
His only talks with HBO seem to involve some other series that he's pitching. Maybe Wild Cards HBO show. 

8 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

1) People collectively rarely follow the rules.

2) You can't have any sort of conversation regarding the novels on the show forum.

3) This problem would be solved by having a joint show/novel forum with book/show subforums instead.

1) Agree, but its pretty easy to sort out the newbie thread starters that might include spoilers. Most threads worth reading are frequented by mods and people who have no problem reporting spoilers to mods, but yes, I will have to keep a sharper lookout, especially after the show is finished.

2) So why would you want the opposite?

3) Agree. It wouldn't affect me in the slightest. Just one more forum that I don't click on.

Just now, Renly's Banana said:

He hasn't "helped" D&D in years now. His involvement in the show is minimal. I imagine basically non-existent at this point. 
His only talks with HBO seem to involve some other series that he's pitching. Maybe Wild Cards HBO show. 

Let's not get off thread tho. But I agree with you. 
Going back to the thread. What are you guys expecting regarding content of the book itself? Which questions we'll have awsered?

3 minutes ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

Going back to the thread. What are you guys expecting regarding content of the book itself? Which questions we'll have awsered?

Let's not get off thread? ... lol ok
Have fun while it lasts. 

6 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

2) You can't have any sort of conversation regarding the novels on the show forum.

3) This problem would be solved by having a joint show/novel forum with book/show subforums instead.

It is best to deal with them as separate entities.  

4 minutes ago, bilplat said:

1) Agree, but its pretty easy to sort out the newbie thread starters that might include spoilers. Most threads worth reading are frequented by mods and people who have no problem reporting spoilers to mods, but yes, I will have to keep a sharper lookout, especially after the show is finished.

2) So why would you want the opposite?

3) Agree

1) You're going to be spoiled here. Spoilers for season 6 were all over this book forum when it aired and I don't doubt for a moment the same will be true for season 7. Everything is never going to be filtered, despite good intentions. Between accidents and deliberate trolling, it's going to be here. The only way to avoid being spoiled is for you to take the effort to avoid it. Everyone else isn't going to do it for you.

2) I never said that. I said I want a medium where I can discuss both with an audience there for both, hence point three. I can't even speculate "I think (event vaguely similar to something that happened on season 6) is going to happen in Winds" without technically violating the rules. It pretty much limits all conversation.

3) It's the natural solution.

13 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

1) You're going to be spoiled here. Spoilers for season 6 were all over this book forum when it aired and I don't doubt for a moment the same will be true for season 7. Everything is never going to be filtered, despite good intentions. Between accidents and deliberate trolling, it's going to be here. The only way to avoid being spoiled is for you to take the effort to avoid it. Everyone else isn't going to do it for you.

2) I never said that. I said I want a medium where I can discuss both with an audience there for both, hence point three. I can't even speculate "I think (event vaguely similar to something that happened on season 6) is going to happen in Winds" without technically violating the rules. It pretty much limits all conversation.

3) It's the natural solution.

1) Yes, I know that I must  make an effort to avoid spoilers. I have edited my above post to outline my efforts. Miraculously, I have no idea what happened in season 6, and my participation in this thread is counter to my efforts.

2) Yes, you never stated "I want..." I just took the following as an implication. I apologize for misquoting you.

44 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

You can make some fairly educated guesses if you read between the lines, though speculation based on the show is forbidden on this forum for some reason... which makes it hard to speculate anything at all that might be similar to what happened in the show, but that's another conversation. To the next novel, supposedly Martin's hoping to announce a release date this year, but we heard the same rumors in 2016, 2015 and so forth...

And that is the point of the rule: to limit all conversation pertaining to the shows.

3) Bring it up with the mods.

45 minutes ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

Without spoiling, the end/cliffhanger of ADWD will surely be revealed that is plain logic. 

I think the whole fAegon saga will be ended in TWOW, and the final showdown between fAegon/GC & Lannister armies. Or maybe i'm all wrong.. 

really rooting for fAegon, dont know why, but his story only beginnen in the 5th novel.. it doens't empower his further role in the endgame.

We all want to read it now, I think. Standard human reaction to waiting for anything. And impatience tends to grow the longer one waits.

I expect ADOS will be out in less time than people expect. Certain types of authors get stuck in the middle but once they resolve those middle-of-the-book issues, they get faster heading toward the end. Epics and sagas are the same way. It's like one massive book, with AFFC-TWOW being the ideal place to get hung up and need to slow down. It may still be years between TWOW and ADOS, but I don't think it will be 5+ years. 

As to what I expect in Winds...

-if the truth of Aegon's identity is revealed at all, I think it will be in this book
-Aegon sitting the Iron Throne, however briefly that might be
-Margaery's death
-Tommen's death
-Myrcella's death
-Cersei's death and the identity of the valonqar
-the second Dance of Dragons
-the Wall falling, be it physically or metaphorically
-a Trial of Seven (more of a wishlist thing than an expectation really)
-quite a few more deaths
-Arya returning to Westeros
-Dany and Tyrion returning to Westeros
-Tyrion taking Casterly Rock by going through the sewers
-somebody--anybody at this point--being revealed as the final Blackfyre pretender
-an attempted FM hit on Dany
-Dolorous Edd being killed and turned into a Coldhands-like wight, thus fulfilling his accidental prophecy about having to keep working after he's dead

I'm half expecting that the last two books will come out in quick succession -- maybe a year apart. That's what happened with Clash and Storm. Clash came out four years after Game, and the Storm was out a year later.

Part of the reason it's taking so long is that he needs to get the bulk of the plot details worked out to the end of the story, so as to avoid another Meereenese knot.

1 hour ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

I expect ADOS will be out in less time than people expect. Certain types of authors get stuck in the middle but once they resolve those middle-of-the-book issues, they get faster heading toward the end.

I think you're right. George RR has recently mentioned that, the closer he comes to the end, the easier it is to write and bring things together. Lately, he's been initiating more and more stuff - a studio to assist movie makers (Stagecoach Productions), a studio incubator thingy for aspiring artists (Dragonstone Studios), a scholarship for up and coming sf writers...  I keep telling myself, he's kicking back for the moment, because the whole text is in the hands of the editors.

For the gods' sake, don't wake me up.

2 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

A person can't have an open, honest conversation in the book forum.  Skucks, supposedly I can't even use the released but removed from DwD chapters in a general discussion without using spoilers tags. No need to add another subforum. Fair game is fair game. The tide has turned. :dunno: 

12 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

A person can't have an open, honest conversation in the book forum. 

Okay - so let's ponder this one. Once the Winds of Winter is out, how long before anybody can post anything about it here? I mean, SPOILERS!!!!!!  Must the rest of us wait months? Years?

8 minutes ago, zandru said:

Okay - so let's ponder this one. Once the Winds of Winter is out, how long before anybody can post anything about it here? I mean, SPOILERS!!!!!!  Must the rest of us wait months? Years?

Your guess is as good as mine, You are going to have to be a bit more informative. When was DwD released? This spoiler stuff, if I dunna want to know I don't ask and I don't go looking for people who are talking about what I don't wanna know.

1 hour ago, Clegane'sPup said:

This spoiler stuff, if I dunna want to know I don't ask and I don't go looking for people who are talking about what I don't wanna know.

Makes sense to me. And yet there are those who eagerly dive into articles clearly marked that they have "spoilers" and then complain that they read them...

3 hours ago, zandru said:

Have you spent any time on a forum other than General? There are dedicated forums for readers who haven't read up to aDwD. It'll follow suit when tWoW comes out. It seems to me that people don't familiarize themselves with the basics of the forum, including the very simple rules for each subforum. I mean is it that hard?

I'll say this for GRRM: at least he can still surprise readers, even with all the speculation and theories and the millennia between books. 

I mean, how many people seriously predicted 

Spoiler

a tourney at the Vale or an in-universe play about the Lannisters or that the Damphair was captured by Euron?

I sure as hell didn't. Of course, on the same note, I also didn't expect 

Spoiler

an Arya chapter would be so inappropriately gross (seriously, GRRM, say "rape" one more time, I double dare you), or that Euron would be an even more over-the-top version of Ramsay, who in turn is an OTT version of Joffrey - it's the grimdark edgy Olympics, kids! - or that Arianne's storyline would advance slower than those sloths from Zootopia. No, wait, I did expect that last one, maybe because the last two books were exactly like that. 

So it's a mixed bag, but one you can make damn sure I'll be picking up first day at Barnes and Noble. And then I'll promptly return it after reading it to get the full refund like I did with the Cursed Child. I'm kidding! I never return the books I hate, that's why I still have Feast. 

11 hours ago, Ydra Stark said:

first topic ! 

First watched the TV Show, then bought AGOT E-Book. First sentence had me hooked. 

TV Shows are fun to watch, but they miss the target with removing a lot of good characters. 

So we saw what the creators of the TV Show did with the future of our beloved characters.

now its time George releases TWOW so we can FINALLY read what REALLY happens..

c'mon its taking to d*mn long, im wondering if we will ever read ADOS, considering the age of GRRM en the duration of his writing.

when do you think TWOW will be released ?

Listen Veruca, word to the wise and something to always keep close to your heart:  GRRM IS NOT YOUR BITCH ;)

4 hours ago, Aetta said:

Listen Veruca, word to the wise and something to always keep close to your heart:  GRRM IS NOT YOUR BITCH ;)

Who said that GRRM is my bitch ? I love his books, but as a fan, for me it is taking to long i want to continue reading.

Word to the wise: dont go around telling people stuff that don't make sense.. 

and what is a Veruca ?

Archived