I want to read TWOW NOW !

Ydra Stark

17 minutes ago, rotting sea cow said:

No, no, no, no, no!

If you are plot-addicted, I may understand you dislike ADWD, however that book (and also partially AFFC) set up such a strong groundwork for TWOW, that I'd wager we will be barely able to breath until the middle of the book, when things will slow a bit.

Feast&Dance describe the aftermath of tWo5K, the unstable and unjust peace, the actions of the "crows" that feed on battle carrion, the efforts of some to bring reforms and the failure of them, the inner travels of the characters.  Could have been all combined in a single book without losing its richness? Maybe, but it wasn't and although I'm somewhat critical of Feast (, I love Dance, because it is the most complex of the books.

This has got nothing to do with being "plot-addicted." I love a character-driven story as much as the next guy, but they don't have to be mutually exclusive. GRRM proved that he can successfully juggle plot, character development and themes in the first three books, which makes it all the more frustrating how he threw the plot out the window in AFFC and ADWD. 

And of course the beginning of TWOW is probably going to be non stop action (though I have my doubts after reading those godawful Arianne chapters) but that's expected seeing as how the beginning of TWOW is gonna be the ending of AFFC/ADWD. And I'm sorry, but that's just lame. When you need two huge tomes just to set up the groundwork for a third one, it's clear your story is spinning out of control. And it's even sadder when said two tomes are painfully mediocre at best. 

16 minutes ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

This has got nothing to do with being "plot-addicted." I love a character-driven story as much as the next guy, but they don't have to be mutually exclusive. GRRM proved that he can successfully juggle plot, character development and themes in the first three books, which makes it all the more frustrating how he threw the plot out the window in AFFC and ADWD. 

And of course the beginning of TWOW is probably going to be non stop action (though I have my doubts after reading those godawful Arianne chapters) but that's expected seeing as how the beginning of TWOW is gonna be the ending of AFFC/ADWD. And I'm sorry, but that's just lame. When you need two huge tomes just to set up the groundwork for a third one, it's clear your story is spinning out of control. And it's even sadder when said two tomes are painfully mediocre at best. 

yes i agree. i also think that a lot of TWOW is just going to be GRRM killing of a bunch of characters that we amy like fine enough but have no real emotional investment in. the only real major character death i expect in TWOW is stannis and maybe littlefinger.

but i really don't think that any mains like dany, jon, tyrion, jaime, cersei, sansa, arya, bran will die in TWOW. 

13 minutes ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

Lol, and then you go ahead and name the second one "A Dance with Dragons," which I though was going to give us some real dragon-dancing. But all we got is one quick brawl in the fighting pit (nearly three-quarters in) and then Quentyn's scalding a few chapters later. All the other dragon action was off-page.

It's like sitting in a traffic jam for hours and finally getting to the accident after all the bodies are cleared away. :P

On 4/13/2017 at 9:44 AM, Ydra Stark said:

first topic ! 
First watched the TV Show, then bought AGOT E-Book. First sentence had me hooked. 
TV Shows are fun to watch, but they miss the target with removing a lot of good characters. 
So we saw what the creators of the TV Show did with the future of our beloved characters.
now its time George releases TWOW so we can FINALLY read what REALLY happens..
c'mon its taking to d*mn long, im wondering if we will ever read ADOS, considering the age of GRRM en the duration of his writing.
when do you think TWOW will be released ?

At one point, during or  after season 5 of the TV series, when he knew one of his biggest plots was going to be revealed, he stated that even though he was on a roll towards the end of finishing Dance, he stopped writing for over a year while he did promo, tours and the con circuit for the book and when he tried to start again, he had lost his mojo. Hopefully he remembers this and keeps writing so ADOS won't be 6 years after wow

1 hour ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

At one point, during or  after season 5 of the TV series, when he know one of his biggest plots was going to be revealed, he stated that even though he was on a roll towards the end of finishing Dance, he stopped writing for over a year while he did promo, tours and the con circuit for the book and when he tried to start again, he had lost his mojo. Hopefully he remembers this and keeps writing so ADOS won't be 6 years after wow

I wonder how he feels about the fact that, come next year, many people will know what he intends for the end game king & queen and which major characters live or die.

3 minutes ago, PCK said:

I wonder how he feels about the fact that, come next year, many people will know what he intends for the end game king & queen and which major characters live or die.

Probably makes him feel like curling up and eating cheetos

I know I would

Matter of fact I could go for some cheetos right now

1 hour ago, Illyrio Mo'Parties said:

Probably makes him feel like curling up and eating cheetos

Nah, if he didn't care enough to write during the 6 years or so he had to catch up to the show I don't think he's gonna start caring now. 

(Btw, I'll never be able to eat a cheeto again in my life now that there's one in the Oval Office. Oh, sorry, I meant the Oval Golf Course). 

10 minutes ago, Illyrio Mo'Parties said:

ooh, political!

Speaking of politics and turds like the one in the White (Power) House, the one thing I wasn't entirely angry at GRRM for doing instead of writing was speaking out against those Sad Puppies pieces of sh*t. 

You go, George! If you're not gonna write and make my life a bit happier, the least you can do is make some assholes' lives a little more miserable!

37 minutes ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

Speaking of politics and turds like the one in the White (Power) House, the one thing I wasn't entirely angry at GRRM for doing instead of writing was speaking out against those Sad Puppies pieces of sh*t. 

You go, George! If you're not gonna write and make my life a bit happier, the least you can do is make some assholes' lives a little more miserable!

Yeah I reckon, I loved reading 50,000 words about a pissing match between two gangs of nerds

4 minutes ago, Illyrio Mo'Parties said:

Yeah I reckon, I loved reading 50,000 words about a pissing match between two gangs of nerds

Awww, to be fair one of those gangs of nerds are also raging racists/sexists, so I'm with the other nerds. 

2 hours ago, PCK said:

He probably felt bad for a  minute but he is a very wealthy man and he seems to have  no push for his creativity any more. People will still buy his books, and there is enough difference between the books and show that folks will still want to know what goes on 

1 hour ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

I like you 

[mod] This is in the wrong forum, and does not discuss any news about TWOW. Pretty much everyone who posted in this thread seems to know that, but none of you reported it so the moderators could deal with it.

We depend on users reporting threads. Next time, please do that. [/mod]

Archived