Of all the conspiracy theories listed on A Wiki of Ice and Fire...

James Steller

...Which one do you most want to be true?

For me, I'm hoping and hoping that Aurane Waters proves to be a liar. I'm hoping that Dragonstone never fell, that it still belongs to Stannis' men, that Rolland Storm is still alive, and that he'll be sending shipfuls of dragonglass to the Wall for Stannis to use.

I'm hoping GRRM surprises us all. (Besides R+L=J, it's clearly there) I think the gravedigger is the Hound but I'm hoping that's the end of his story. Not that I wouldn't like to see more of him, I just think finding peace as a monk is a good end to his arc. 

1 hour ago, Canon Claude said:

I want Tyrion to be the Valonqar, and therefore the one who kills Cersei.

Gotta be Jamie. I could be wrong. 

4 hours ago, James Steller said:

For me, I'm hoping and hoping that Aurane Waters proves to be a liar. I'm hoping that Dragonstone never fell, that it still belongs to Stannis' men, that Rolland Storm is still alive, and that he'll be sending shipfuls of dragonglass to the Wall for Stannis to use.

Absolutely to this, as well as that Storms End holds against Aegon and the Night Lamp theory is true... pretty much everything good for Stannis.  In fact, I love the crackpot theory that Stannis will sacrifice/burn himself in place of Shireen to save the kingdom.

As a non-Stannis option conspiracy theory, I'd like it if Margaery and Cersei with both found guilty by the faith, pissing off the Tyrells and Lannisters and putting KL in a chaotic state.

4 hours ago, leonardof said:

Let's remember none of us wanted Ned to be killed, but the story woudn't be so great if he was alive.

True, but we can still have opinions. I was curious how people felt about the theories that currently exist, and which one they held closest to their heart.

I like Daario as a hidden Targ. It's nice to think that Dany could have a lover / spouse she actually finds attractive and who is sufficiently high-born to be her partner in public. He would also help to implement her military strategy.

34 minutes ago, Winter prince said:

I like Septon Chayle being the Hooded Man... I'm actually good with any hooded man theory besides Theon Durden.

Agreed. The Septon might not be my top pick, but it has to be someone other than Theon himself. Just like Tyrion HAS to be Tywin's son, not a secret Targ. 

2 hours ago, Canon Claude said:

Agreed. The Septon might not be my top pick, but it has to be someone other than Theon himself. Just like Tyrion HAS to be Tywin's son, not a secret Targ. 

Also agree with Tyrion not being a secret Targ.... Not a fan of everyone and their mother being a secret Targ

On 2017-04-13 at 10:43 PM, James Steller said:

Seems pretty likely that that is the case.

1 hour ago, Coolbeard the Exile said:

Seems pretty likely that that is the case.

That's what it seems to me too, but GRRM likes to take things that seem obvious and twist them around. Plus he's made honest errors (see his statement on the description of Jeyne Westerling's hips).

So yes, it seems weird that Loras would not only survive all the terrible injuries he supposedly has, but then be able to search Dragonstone for treasure. And it seems weird that Aurane tells Cersei that Dragonstone fell BEFORE Riverrun fell, but then AFTER Riverrun falls, Myranda Royce comments that Dragonstone is still under siege. And yes, Rolland Storm would totally accept a fight to the death from Loras based on his worship of the Warrior. But I still worry that these inconsistencies will be explained away somehow, and GRRM will confirm that Dragonstone did indeed fall to Loras' assault, and one of the best men under Stannis' command is now dead.

2 minutes ago, James Steller said:

That's what it seems to me too, but GRRM likes to take things that seem obvious and twist them around. Plus he's made honest errors (see his statement on the description of Jeyne Westerling's hips).

So yes, it seems weird that Loras would not only survive all the terrible injuries he supposedly has, but then be able to search Dragonstone for treasure. And it seems weird that Aurane tells Cersei that Dragonstone fell BEFORE Riverrun fell, but then AFTER Riverrun falls, Myranda Royce comments that Dragonstone is still under siege. And yes, Rolland Storm would totally accept a fight to the death from Loras based on his worship of the Warrior. But I still worry that these inconsistencies will be explained away somehow, and GRRM will confirm that Dragonstone did indeed fall to Loras' assault, and one of the best men under Stannis' command is now dead.

Also Dragonstone is said to be a great great castle and we have official art on the castle and i doubt it would fall so easily. 

Archived