Tyrion's death

Bonkers

I actually don't see Tyrion dying. I never have. There are a LOT of characters I'm almost positive will die soon, but not him. Same with Davos. They're scrappy survivalists forever fighting against the odds. Tyrion's whole character was wiped clean so he can start a new arc. Him confronting/resolving his feud with Cersei has been in place since the second book, and claiming his birthright has been there since the beginning. Having him die somewhere out in Slaver's Bay or at any point before returning home to become lord of Casterly Rock would be a literary shit pie. 

On 4/15/2017 at 10:30 AM, Wm Portnoy said:

I would be surprised if Tyrion doesn't make it to the end.  But we can speculate how he may die.  For this, I ask you to refer back to the prophecies from the House of the Undying Ones.   I don't know how much credibility you want to give those prophecies but let us accept them for the purpose of this talk.

It is possible that the betrayal for gold will involve Tyrion.  Tyrion may have some remaining love for his Lannister (gold) family and that love will lead him to betray Queen Daenerys.  Those betrayals will lead to the betrayers getting executed by fire.  So yes, Tyrion could betray Queen Daenerys and for his punishment Tyrion will get barbecued in the flames.  The only thing that will remain of the little man is a smoking black nugget.

This is also my interpretation of those visions.  The traitors will be fed to the flames.  I hope it's not Tyrion but if he betrays Dany he will deserve to get slow roasted over an open fire. 

As I believe his other siblings being Targs, I'd love to see Tyrion become Lord of Casterly Rock. Him finally acting as the fool his father was so afraid of, might earn him back true Lannister honour such as Lann the Clever. Tywin is likely to turn out as one big (cruel) joke, supressing his one true heir.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/04/2017 at 10:36 PM, TyrionTLannister said:

Tyrion will probably survive to the end and die in the last scene.

In an interview about TWOIAF, Elio and Linda mentioned that Daniel Abraham, who adapted “A Game of Thrones” into a graphic novel, knows what the final scene is going to be:

In another interview, Anne Groell, George R. R. Martin’s editor, said that Daniel Abraham knows Tyrion’s ultimate fate:

From these two seemingly related facts, I think we can safely assume that Tyrion will be involved in the final scene somehow, probably as a POV character. There is some textual evidence to support this:

This scene could evoke ASOIAF's final scene. Sleep could be a metaphor for death (recall Tyrion’s joke about dying in bed). So one by one all the main characters die, except for Jon Snow and Tyrion Lannister. In the last chapter, Tyrion will reminisce on his life and the lives of the other characters, update us on the state of Westeros decades after the Long Night, and die at the very end as an old man.

He might very well get his wish fulfilled - in some respects, at least.

This is the first I have heard of this....awesome info thanks!!  Seems Tyrion, being the bookish one may, in fact, write the Song of Ice and Fire song.  Didn't Garlan Tyrell's wife joke he should be a singer at the Purple Wedding?  Tyrion makes his song with his first ever "bastard friend" Jon Snow.  Cripples, bastards and broken things we know he has a soft spot for (thinking of you, Jamie, Bran and Jon).

On 16/04/2017 at 4:46 AM, Orphalesion said:

NO. I don't love Tyrion.

......snip....

I mean look at the classic "All New X-Men" run from the late 70s/80s. In the second issue they killed Thudnerbird to show how in this book "Everyone can die" During Claremont's tenure, how many main characters died? One; Cypher. And whether he was a "main character" is debatable. Theoretically you could add Phoenix to the list, but she died because of executive meddling, not because of the author's choice (and came back five years later).

I have NO idea what you said

LOL.

On 16/04/2017 at 5:45 AM, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Die, stone drunk, strapped to a dragon, on a suicide mission to save the world.

At that point he'll have nothing left to live for anyway.

...have you been playing too much World of Warcraft Legion? hahaha...jokes

On 16/04/2017 at 4:53 AM, Steelshanks Walton said:

But what if Tyrion is a Targaryen and he has a strong immune system like Viserys and Daenerys?  I could see him resisting the disease.  Ofcourse he is not a Targaryen until proven but I just want to bring up this point.

oo, ooo, add this to the thoughts in Tyrion TLannister's post on page 1 .... Jon and Tyrion, two Targs.... a thought. 

Although I am holding off Jon 'Targarean' until GRRM actually writes it.

On 16/04/2017 at 5:07 AM, James Steller said:

I'd guess that Tyrion will die in the process of destroying House Lannister as part of his vengeance for Tysha, and pretty much all of his life. In the time-honoured spirit of vengeance, his hatred will end up destroying him somehow, but as the last, ultimate humiliation for the likes of Tywin and Cersei, he'll take the Lannister name down with him. It'll also bring the Lannister story full circle, given what they did to the Casterlys, Reynes, and Tarbecks.

I like this as part of his arc for sure!

On 16/04/2017 at 1:07 PM, Good Guy Garlan said:

I think there's evidence against the theory that Targs have a strong immune system, like the Targs who died during the Great Spring Sickness. But I guess it's possible.

you just made me think of Mel saying "wake a dragon from stone"

It simply amuses me that people think that Tyrion will ever be excepted by the people of Westeros. Yes we all love Tyrion but he is probably one of the most detested men in Westeros. The idea of him coming back to rule is silly, unless its by force of course.

Archived