Will Jon marry Val?

KarlDanski

11 minutes ago, KarlDanski said:

Is Jon Snow most likely going to marry Val? His other options that are popular are Daenerys and Sansa, both of which are very closely related to him, and incest is disgusting, Lannister or Targaryen, it's disgusting.

It would be nice if he married Val.

I agree, marrying family members is disgusting. There has been enough incest in the story.

One of the members, Jon's/Doctor's Consort I believe, has some great threads about why it's possible. I don't see how Jon could stomach marrying Sansa as she ignored him his whole life and looks like the women who refused to show him any compassion growing up. If he had to marry a Stark I believe he'd choose Arya over Sansa seeing as Arya actually cared about him. However if Jon is half Stark and half Targaryen then him marrying someone else from another House would make more sense politically. When it comes to Daenerys who knows, she might want to marry him to secure her claim or she might want to kill him.

I doubt he would marry Arya, he sees her as more of a sister than even Sansa, and they would still be half-siblings which is still disgusting. Daenerys would basically be his aunt which is a nono too. Marrying Val would unite him even more so with the Free Folk, and it makes sense as she is the only non-blood related eligible "noble" lady in Westeros that could be considering something of a great house. He could marry a lower house like Mormont, Manderly etc, but I don't see it. Marrying Val would bring over even more free folk soldiers to him if he didn't already have them due to how they respect him, it would help him take back the North, but this is tinfoil, and this is assuming he lives, and that's what his plot is going to be.

George loves his old fashioned monster and "mad" scientist stories. I don't know if anyone here has read his past stories or either Dreamsongs anthologies, but in his own words he explains his love for these types of characters. That and also his love of comic books. Heck yeah! Anyway, the "mad" scientists never win because they are focused on eugenics and genetic superiority as a way to "win", but it backfires everytime, or the characters straight up refuse to commit incest, even when all of humanity is literally dying away at exponentially rapid rates. Instead, George praises, and has his characters praise, the idea of bringing two different things together to create something stronger. That is who wins. Not the ones who admire elitist superiority.

So, there has to be a reason why Jon was born of a non-incest coupling, and why Dany was, and what it could predict for the future. Dany will follow the Targ custom and join with Aegon, while Jon will not join with a blood relative. As Ygritte tells Jon and the reader, "You know nothing, Jon Snow. A true man steals a woman from afar, t' strengthen the clan. Women who bed brothers or fathers or clan kin offend the gods, and are cursed with weak and sickly children. Even monsters."

Oh, and to answer your question about Jon and Val, he already has ;) and it is NOT for a generic cool couple ship, but for actual desire and political advantage both.

Happy reading :cheers:

He should. That's what I'd do. I predict Jon will return very much changed from the dead, and I think he'll finally realize, among other things, that oaths and honor aren't worth jackshit. 

He bled and fought for the Watch. He lost his first love for the Watch. He turned his back on his family for the Watch. He gave up his shot at getting his home back for the Watch. 

And what was his reward? To die for the Watch. 

Fuck that. He should take everything Stannis offered him before, with fire and blood. He and Val should make hot wildling love in the hot springs of Winterfell, the Watch be damned.

I agree, the Night's Watch is a organization with good intentions, but it's too flawed, and the North might as well just take back ownership of the Gift, New Gift, and Wall. It's manned by Northerners, the land it's on was gifted by Northerners, the Wall was build by a Northerner, and the people who send the most aid either with weapons, food, clothing, blankets, etc are Northern Lords. The North does all this for the watch, and they can't even keep the wildlings out with Jack Musgood. Might as well just arm Northern Soldiers, and put them on the wall, it's a lot more appealing than losing your rights to land, to marry, to have children etc.

46 minutes ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

He should. That's what I'd do. I predict Jon will return very much changed from the dead, and I think he'll finally realize, among other things, that oaths and honor aren't worth jackshit. 

He bled and fought for the Watch. He lost his first love for the Watch. He turned his back on his family for the Watch. He gave up his shot at getting his home back for the Watch. 

And what was his reward?

I hope that's not the big message GRRM is trying to impart. "What's the point of sacrifice? You don't get nuthin' out of it!"

5 minutes ago, Illyrio Mo'Parties said:

I hope that's not the big message GRRM is trying to impart. "What's the point of sacrifice? You don't get nuthin' out of it!"

Oh, Jon definitely got zero nutting out of it. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

Should he? They probably could make one another happy. Will he? To paraphrase, if you think Jon's going to have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Abomination with your tv show quotes :P

I think Jon may die in the end end, but there is business to be done first. 

And by business, I also mean bizzzness ;)

18 minutes ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

I don't remember Jon and Ygritte spending a nice afternoon picking walnuts through the fields. 

Well, Ygritte does try to convince Jon to stay in the underworld with her... all while telling him the tale of cannibal children as she nibbles his neck :huh:

Sexy! 

4 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Well, Ygritte does try to convince Jon to stay in the underworld with him... all while telling him the tale of cannibal children as she nibbles his neck :huh:

Sexy! 

That's my kind of foreplay. (Finally my Will Graham avatar is (somewhat) fitting!)

Archived