Honestly, I think I prefer the show

Victarious2

This is not to say that I don't love the books, as I do, but the pacing of the show so far has been refreshing.  I am disappointed how they handled some of my favorite chapters of the books, and I am concerned about the progression of the show going forward, but I still believe it will be quality television and am psyched to know we'll be having both the show and the books to look forward to in the years to come!

The show is definitely quality television. I'll be watching, for sure.

I don't prefer the show to the books, though. That's not to say that I think your feelings are wrong @Victarious2. It's just my opinion. I feel the TV show started off really well the first two seasons, but then has gotten progressively less immersive and more, well, like a TV show ever since. I felt S6, while quite stirring and exciting, was not really anything like would be in the books.

But all of this is kind of splitting hairs on my part because in the end I love this universe and its characters enough that I'm looking forward to S7 and will be watching no matter what.

• 2 months later...

I personally prefer the books, but the show would be equal IF they had stuck to the Dorne plot. I hate the Sand Snakes and Ellaria. Hopefully once the show is done and the books are written there will be a clear reason for why they did that, because it's just terrible. The Martells in the books are so freakin awesome.

Archived