AFFC & ADWD Simultaneous Read

fire&blood

Quick question for everyone - I've read the books twice and I'm on the third re-read (as we wait forever for TWOW), and I came across something online about reading books 4 & 5 together as they were written as one large volume that are separated by region. Has anyone does this? Any recommendations or tips before I attempt this?

Here is the link for the order of chapters if anyone is interested: http://boiledleather.com/post/24543217702/a-proposed-a-feast-for-crowsa-dance-with-dragons

Thanks in advance!

I did exactly what you are considering doing.  I read the chapters in the order used on the boiled leather website last year.  It was my third read of the two books and experiencing the chapters chronologically felt more natural.  I know that the two books occupy the same timeline but having one published years before the second it just feels like the events in Feast happen before the events in Dance when you read them seperately.  I recommend the reading experience.

14 hours ago, White Ravens said:

I did exactly what you are considering doing.  I read the chapters in the order used on the boiled leather website last year.  It was my third read of the two books and experiencing the chapters chronologically felt more natural.  I know that the two books occupy the same timeline but having one published years before the second it just feels like the events in Feast happen before the events in Dance when you read them seperately.  I recommend the reading experience.

Thank you for the reply & recommendation! It's funny because every time I read the books, I feel like 1-3 flow naturally and I don't get thrown off; but as soon as I get into books 4 & 5 it seems off. So when I came across this I was intrigued. :read: 

I definitely recommend them combined chronologically like that. I did that for my first re-read and have recommended it to everyone who has ears to listen since. Thematically it makes so much more sense, and I think it even increases the overall quality of both books to read them that way. 

7 hours ago, vividox said:

I definitely recommend them combined chronologically like that. I did that for my first re-read and have recommended it to everyone who has ears to listen since. Thematically it makes so much more sense, and I think it even increases the overall quality of both books to read them that way. 

Awesome! thank you :D That's very encouraging! I've always had trouble reading Feast and Dance so I can't wait to see it in a new perspective.

Archived