Who will be missed the most if he/she was killed? And why?

Ser Loras The Gay

So, again, if you're familiar with me I don't like to make many theories, I enjoy more the part where we can talk about our experiences as readers and/or our opinions about a particular issue. That being said, I have another question for all you guys and gurls. Who you'll miss the most if he/she died? 
For me it'd be Tyrion and Varys (not that creative I know). Most because they are what made me like the series so much, the schemes, the smartness, the roleplay to achieve what one wants. They don't have much power of them own (tyrion has money and Varys has information), but the power that each one have are used in such ways that makes me chill. So, what about you guys?

I would miss Jaime if tWoW opens with his death in the first sentence. But his arc is nearly complete so I may not miss him if he dies at or near the end of the story.

Tyrion, for many of the same reasons as you.

Tormond for the member jokes.

Stannis because his has been a poop-chute if ever there was one and I would love to see him land in some daisies. Or at least have his day.

Arya. I don't wanna hear a peep about the thing about frozen needles or dead princesses. She's gonna outlive us all and you will deal. 

(I also hope GRRM's couch is mighty uncomfortable because he'll be sleeping there if he kills his wife's fave)

17 minutes ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

Arya. I don't wanna hear a peep about the thing about frozen needles or dead princesses. She's gonna outlive us all and you will deal. 

(I also hope GRRM's couch is mighty uncomfortable because he'll be sleeping there if he kills his wife's fave)

She'll kill everyone in the book before dying. hahaha

Stannis for sure would be the most missed - as @Ser Loras The Gay and @The Bastards Giant Friend point out he makes each chapter insta awesome and intriguing.  Always good for memorable dialouge and suspensful or important action that advances the plot both with regard to the battle against the Others and southron politics - plus his arc could go in so many directions so it is tough to say where it is going.

Giant Bastard is also right about Jaime - for me he is one of the most relatable and likable characters (which is odd because he is a sister-screwing, child defenestering, one-handed smartass) and makes me laugh the most.

I'd actually really miss Cersei if she died - it would be a case of not having her to kick around anymore I guess.  I also would miss Littlefinger because of how he keeps Sansa relevant and interesting for the time being.  Finally, I'd miss pathetic old Jorah Mormont - he is my favorite Dany-centric character and one of the few who I'm actually curious how he ends up.

The character I will miss the most when they inevitably die (via execution or murder, no doubt) is Cersei. Sure, she is probably universally hated as a villain, but she's quite an entertaining one from my perspective. Deeply flawed, haughty, a quarter as clever as she believes herself to be, and likely clinically narcissistic by today's standards. She's a realistic portrait of a medieval woman from a proud family that has received little training/education in what it takes to rule... and suddenly finds an empire of kingdoms in the palm of her hand. Unlike characters such as Joffrey or Ramsey, you can at least love to hate her because deep down inside you know she isn't a complete monster.

The big players, such as Varys, Littlefinger, and Olenna would also be missed by me. Tywin has already departed from those ranks, unfortunately. They've weaved some of the biggest twists and turns and their demise would mean that the big plots are either done for or greatly diminished.

Finally, Arya. Another character I assume is doomed due to the nature of her path. Her's is a story of revenge, and we know how those usually turn out. But can't help but root for her to find some peace... and Nymeria.

Another interesting thread would be what characters we wouldn't miss. I imagine you'd get some surprising answers. I wouldn't miss Bran all that much. His chapters can be some of the toughest to get through... not because I don't like him or think warging is lame, but just the pace isn't the most gripping. Maybe things will be picking up for him now that he's in training?

On 4/17/2017 at 8:22 PM, Good Guy Garlan said:

Best quote ever. I curtsey to you, GGG.

I will also be heartbroken if the George murders Davos.

On 18. April 2017 at 6:55 AM, Traverys said:

The character I will miss the most when they inevitably die (via execution or murder, no doubt) is Cersei. Sure, she is probably universally hated as a villain, but she's quite an entertaining one from my perspective. Deeply flawed, haughty, a quarter as clever as she believes herself to be, and likely clinically narcissistic by today's standards. She's a realistic portrait of a medieval woman from a proud family that has received little training/education in what it takes to rule... and suddenly finds an empire of kingdoms in the palm of her hand. Unlike characters such as Joffrey or Ramsey, you can at least love to hate her because deep down inside you know she isn't a complete monster.

Definitely Cersei. He death would instantly make Tyrion's, Jamie's, Sansa's and the Tyrell's storyline less intrigueing. She is indeed a villain you can love to hate, and her actions have always had a big influence on various plots and arcs. Monsters like the Others, Ramsay or Gregor are boring antagonists, the plot needs bad guys who are human in some ways, and Cersei fills that role perfectly. I expect she will take out at least one more major player before she leaves the stage.

1 hour ago, Gargarax said:

Definitely Cersei. He death would instantly make Tyrion's, Jamie's, Sansa's and the Tyrell's storyline less intrigueing. She is indeed a villain you can love to hate, and her actions have always had a big influence on various plots and arcs. Monsters like the Others, Ramsay or Gregor are boring antagonists, the plot needs bad guys who are human in some ways, and Cersei fills that role perfectly. I expect she will take out at least one more major player before she leaves the stage

That's indeed true. I don't like the Other being the biggest threat to Westeros. I'd rather have a human trying to destroy everything for simple rage and despair (probably for losing her two left children). That would be awesome, and we could at least try to understand her reasons. But we'll never be able to understand the others for example.

49 minutes ago, Shouldve Taken The Black said:

Littlefinger. He's too cool to die. 

That's true, but he's to devious to be left alive until the end. Sansa will take care of it.

5 hours ago, Gargarax said:

Definitely Cersei. He death would instantly make Tyrion's, Jamie's, Sansa's and the Tyrell's storyline less intrigueing. She is indeed a villain you can love to hate, and her actions have always had a big influence on various plots and arcs. Monsters like the Others, Ramsay or Gregor are boring antagonists, the plot needs bad guys who are human in some ways, and Cersei fills that role perfectly. I expect she will take out at least one more major player before she leaves the stage.

The end of ADWD already implies she's playing meek and humble while biding her time... it reminds me of Norman Bates at the end of psycho. "They'll see and they'll know, and they'll say, 'Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly.'" Knowing that Kevan was murdered by Varys she's set to rise again. There's really no one left to resist whatever "genius" (^^;) plan comes to her mind from here on out. I don't think any of us believes that she'd let herself go down in a trial. It'd be very anticlimatic, but I'm still on the edge of my seat to find out.

Historically speaking, Margaret of Anjou is pretty unanimously regarded as an inspiration for Cersei. She was a power hungry queen that played the game of thrones hard during the Wars of the Roses, which her husband let her due because he was essentially inept. She basically did every taboo thing she could have done as an English queen because she didn't know any better and they didn't execute her, even after trying to launch an invasion to reclaim the throne for her son. She was exiled back to France under the king's (a relative of hers) protection. I'm not sure how I feel about that kind of ending for Cersei, but I know it'd rub a lot of readers the wrong way... which is what she's best at anyways. 

5 hours ago, Ser Loras The Gay said:

That's indeed true. I don't like the Other being the biggest threat to Westeros. I'd rather have a human trying to destroy everything for simple rage and despair (probably for losing her two left children). That would be awesome, and we could at least try to understand her reasons. But we'll never be able to understand the others for example.

That's true, but he's to devious to be left alive until the end. Sansa will take care of it.

Lothur Brune as a dark horse 

Archived