Reboot wish list - they are a thing, deal with it

DunderMifflin

Sometimes (most of the time?) they are eye rolling and sometimes they work nicely.

1) Gremlins - probably be an average reboot but I love this franchise so much. Would be fun to see a modern take, just please don't let JJ direct it.

2) Hee Haw - making fun of hicks never stops being funny, and SJWs dont freak out as much if rednecks are the target of humor.

3) Book of Revelation -  As it is in the bible, set during the era it was written. Not a modern day setting. Super R-rated, not made for Christians.

4 ) Serenity/Firefly - because who doesn't want that

5) Thundarr the Barbarian - a way cooler He-Man

1) I think you would have to tread with care with a Gremilins remake. It might be safer to just making a separate movie about killer Furbys. 

4) I'd rather see Firefly:TNG than a reboot. I want the option for Mal and the others to show up eventually. 

The Terminator franchise has been shit for years but there's still a lot of obvious stuff to mine there  . 

Also I'd love to see a modern remake of The Boys From Brazil. Not that the original was bad. I just kinda wanna see Brad Pitt fighting a horde of six year old Hitlers as they try to swarm over the walls of Jerusalem. 

10 hours ago, DunderMifflin said:

1) Gremlins - probably be an average reboot but I love this franchise so much. Would be fun to see a modern take, just please don't let JJ direct it.

Aren't they working on this already?

15 hours ago, DunderMifflin said:

4 ) Serenity/Firefly - because who doesn't want that

Me. I don't want this. It was good because of who was involved. If it's a reboot, would it be with the same people, same stories, same settings? I doubt it. It would suck.

I'd like to see Disney really take on the Star Wars mantle and redo the prequels.

27 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Not so much reboots, but I still have this secret fantasy that they'll do the third season of Rome, and maybe pick up the Master & Commander franchise.

If we're heading down that road, you can add Carnivale to the list, as well as the Golden Compass (His Dark Materials) franchise.

4 hours ago, Regular John Umber said:

If we're heading down that road, you can add Carnivale to the list, as well as the Golden Compass (His Dark Materials) franchise.

His Dark Materials is in progress, though there seems to be a delay: http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/his-dark-materials/37613/his-dark-materials-tv-series-writer-explains-delays

27 minutes ago, Regular John Umber said:

I literally had no idea this was a thing. Thanks!

There is a thread about it somewhere on here. I believe Wert started it. And since you are interested in HDM, I'll mention Pullman's new prequel-sequel trilogy too, which comes out in October I think

Highlander

Yeah, yeah. The (theoretical) sequel movies sucked. The TV show mostly good, but very dated now. And I know they've been trying to reboot this for awhile, but I'd still like to see a planned out series of movies based on this concept.

I would like to mention that I'm glad one reboot that was planned seems to be dead in the water: Stargate. I would like a continuation of the existing TV franchise, or at least a reboot of those ideas, and I do not want Emmerich and Devlin anywhere near this franchise again, considering their latest disaster shit fest that was Independence Day Resurgence.

Xena: Warrior Princess deserves a reboot, with a more serious approach.

40 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I would like to mention that I'm glad one reboot that was planned seems to be dead in the water: Stargate. I would like a continuation of the existing TV franchise, or at least a reboot of those ideas, and I do not want Emmerich and Devlin anywhere near this franchise again, considering their latest disaster shit fest that was Independence Day Resurgence.

:agree: 

14 hours ago, James Arryn said:

Not so much reboots, but I still have this secret fantasy that they'll do the third season of Rome, and maybe pick up the Master & Commander franchise.

I'd watch an Aubrey/Maturin show.  But talking reboots, how about a reboot of Hornblower, thats been long enough.  Could go another Sharpe series too.

I'd like to see terribly executed franchises rebooted, not the likes of Gremlins.

Transformers is an obvious one, they need to wash the Michael Bay out of that shit. If they did it right there's loads of potential there.

Superman needs to be re-done right, every installment since Superman III has been a joke.

Another one with bags of potential is Dawn of the Dead. If they hired a few intelligent writers, put together a decent cast on a decent budget and ditched the cheesiness of the old ones those movies could be huge.

On 19 April 2017 at 10:44 PM, john said:

I'd watch an Aubrey/Maturin show.  But talking reboots, how about a reboot of Hornblower, thats been long enough.  Could go another Sharpe series too.

I rewatched Sharpe's Waterloo last night (currently re-reading books). It's not aged well, but is still enjoyable.  Seems more tongue in cheek than I remember, especially with Paul Bettany galloping around screaming at his fleeing cavalry before wiping out battalion after battalion of his own men through incompetence.

The reboot already in the works that I'm most looking forward to is Green Lantern. Hal Jordan was a favorite of mine growing up, and I'm hoping by the time Hal and the GL Corps get their turn at bat again in the DCEU, they hit a homerun.

On 4/19/2017 at 2:05 AM, James Arryn said:

Yaass so hard to both of these!

33 minutes ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

The reboot already in the works that I'm most looking forward to is Green Lantern. Hal Jordan was a favorite of mine growing up, and I'm hoping by the time Hal and the GL Corps get their turn at bat again in the DCEU, they hit a homerun.

It is amazing how Ryan Reynolds goes from being one of the worst superheroes of all time, to perhaps the best one. Strange are the ways of casting choices :D 

I want reboot of "Agent Carter"... I miss her <3 

26 minutes ago, Risto said:

It is amazing how Ryan Reynolds goes from being one of the worst superheroes of all time, to perhaps the best one. Strange are the ways of casting choices :D 

I want reboot of "Agent Carter"... I miss her <3 

Hell, you didn't even need GL for that. He went from worst character ever as Deadpool in Wolverine: Origins to best(?) character ever as Deadpool in Deadpool. ;)

And I don't want a reboot of Agent Carter, but a third season would be nice. Or even just a three episode flashback arc on Agents of SHIELD would be nice. I need to see Peggy Carter found SHIELD and become its first director, damnit!

Archived