NHL Playoffs: Stanley's Suitors

l2 0 5 5

The Leafs were a shit ton of fun to watch in Round 1.... there wasn't a game where the mighty Caps didn;t know they were in a scrape.... I really expected the Blue Jackets to make this a series, what a disgrace.... I agree with @MarkAnthony that this is the Penguins conference to lose... the Rangers have --it would seem, but you can never tell-- an easier path to the EC finals

in the other conference.... This McDavid kid is a friggin joy to watch...

The Nashville Subbans win a goddamn great game to watch.  Well, except for the part where Fiala's leg exploded.  

Fuck the Ducks.  

And since I didn't post my predictions and don't care about the West:

Preds in 7

Oilers in 6.  Fuck the Ducks.

Rags in 6

Caps in 7, as much as I want it to be the Pens.  As weak as they looked against the Leafs, they play the same type of forecheck as CBJ that gave the Pens a lot of trouble, except their offence is more potent.  Lacking both Letang and Murray, I don't think the Penguins defense can hold enough all series to overcome the more reliable Capitals.  So, I think the Caps take the series, the Pens score more total goals than the Capitals, and that I would 100% not be surprised if the Penguins do pull it out, but it'll take some players turning hot at key times.  

10 hours ago, Nictarion said:

This Preds team is starting to remind me of the 2012 Kings...

I was thinking this same thing.

The only positive was the Blues being able to make it a game and get a few past Rinne.  The series should be a good one.

Heard on the radio that Fiala broke his femur and ruptured his femoral artery :o:o 

damn shame if true, one our brightest talents. 

Blues played better than the Blackhawks did in any of the first round games. They were honestly the better team 5v5. Could easily see this going 7.

Fleury was godlike down the stretch in that game. I don't know if the Pens should expect to win the series if they play like they did today. I thought Washington generated more chances, which should garner results for them if the trend continues. 

Karlsson...good lord what can be said about him that hasn't been already? He's the #1 dman in the league for me. Gotta feel for Hank (even though I can't stand the Rags) - he puts up world class efforts constantly, only to end up losing because the guys up front just can't get it done. They get a lead, then tend to sit back and let Hank get peppered with shots. That can only work for so long. 

Archived