NHL Playoffs: Stanley's Suitors

l2 0 5 5

12 hours ago, Jabronius Maximus said:

Karlsson...good lord what can be said about him that hasn't been already? He's the #1 dman in the league for me.

He outclassed the Bruins so badly on the ice, I can't even be mad about it.

15 hours ago, Jabronius Maximus said:

Fleury was godlike down the stretch in that game. I don't know if the Pens should expect to win the series if they play like they did today.

They definitely shouldn't.

5 hours ago, MerenthaClone said:

Fleury's performance is absolutely unsustainable, but I have no idea how long it'll last.  Fun game to watch, with the Pens totally stealing one on the road.  

yeah.  I can't remember a less satisfying win by any team that i follow.  They got pretty much dominated.

Hopefully they wake up a bit.  I don't think it's a stretch to suggest game 2 is a must win for the Caps at this point.

Malkin looked pretty bad last night, too. He made a noticeable amount of bad/lazy passes. Not concerned as he tore up the first round, but need more from him if we're to win 4 games in this series.

1 hour ago, Swordfish said:

They definitely shouldn't.

yeah.  I can't remember a less satisfying win by any team that i follow.  They got pretty much dominated.

Hopefully they wake up a bit.  I don't think it's a stretch to suggest game 2 is a must win for the Caps at this point.

I wouldn't say they got absolutely dominated.  The Pens (minus Crosby and Fleury) looked anemic, yeah, but the Capitals didn't really organize or look like they were firing on all cylinders until after they went down 2-0 either.  Neither team played anywhere near their best, in my opinion, though the Caps were the better team.  

51 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Malkin looked pretty bad last night, too. He made a noticeable amount of bad/lazy passes. Not concerned as he tore up the first round, but need more from him if we're to win 4 games in this series.

Agreed.  

Crosby dominated both sides of the ice tonight, and another great performance from Fleury.  Crosby's set up to Kessel was impressive, as was the goal to Guentzel. You're never gonna see Ovi do that. Nice to see Malkin get on the board after another overall sub par game for him.  Still a long series, but the Pens are so deep offensively it's hard to see anyone who can keep up with them.  If it's not Crosby or Malkin, it's Kessel, Bonino, Rust, Sheary, Guentzel, Hornqvist, Kunitz, Hagelin, and even Matt 40 year old Cullen.  It's too much to keep up with.  4 lines running deep.

2 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Devils with the #1 pick in the draft!!! Nolan Patrick, please. :D

Also, wtf has happened to Holtby?

2/3 goals he let up were bad.  I still would've kept him in. Fleury is just torturing the Caps offense.

Feel for Barry Trotz. Dont think it can be laid all on him. Two Presidents trophys but just bottlers vs the Pens. Don't get it. You could argue they were the better team in game 1 but they were played off the ice last night. 

Will be at The Bridgestone today. Gonna be a crazy atmosphere i'm sure. 

Archived