NHL Playoffs: Stanley's Suitors

l2 0 5 5

27 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

You can always switch out the name and numbers. At little costly, but that way it's not a complete loss. There's a company online called Exclusive Pro that does really good work. 

Appreciate it man, I wish I'd have known about that site a few years ago. I was donating some older clothes to Goodwill and threw it in there in a moment of rage, along with my Staal jersey. My luck with hockey jerseys is fucking awful...

1 hour ago, Joe Pesci said:

Appreciate it man, I wish I'd have known about that site a few years ago. I was donating some older clothes to Goodwill and threw it in there in a moment of rage, along with my Staal jersey. My luck with hockey jerseys is fucking awful...

Goodwill has got a couple from me as well, unfortunately. I donated my Rick Nash Blue Jackets when he went to the Rags, and a really cool black ice Devils Kovalchuk. Thought a 15 year deal meant it was safe to get his jersey. And now he's making noise about coming back to the NHL... :angry:

I learned about that site last year though. I had them do a retro Devils Daneyko and a Czech Republic Hasek for me. Really happy with how they turned out. I'm pretty sure they do a bunch of different current NHL team's jerseys.

17 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Eddie O bowing out of his color commentator duties to be at the Kentucky Derby?  Does he commentate that? All 20 seconds of it? He just lost his hockey card IMO...

He does this every year.

Ottawa is fucked if Karlsson's injury is significant. I really didn't want to see the ECF be Pens/Rags, but it's certainly looking likely. The East is really becoming boring to me in recent years. At least the Leafs are up and coming and fun to watch. 

On 5/4/2017 at 0:21 AM, Jabronius Maximus said:

Ah shit...speak of the devil. Getzlaf assists the killing blow. Goddamnit.

Feel for Edmonton after that. But in the first round last year the Preds won games 1&2 in ANA then lost games 3&4 at home but still won the series in 7. Hoping EDM can still get through.

Crosby skating this morning. Great to hear. 

15 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Ottawa is fucked if Karlsson's injury is significant. I really didn't want to see the ECF be Pens/Rags, but it's certainly looking likely. The East is really becoming boring to me in recent years. At least the Leafs are up and coming and fun to watch. 

Boring because of the teams involved?  or boring because of style?

1 hour ago, Swordfish said:

Boring because of the teams involved?  or boring because of style?

Teams. I just want to see some new blood in the SCF.

I realize it's completely hypocritical as I'm sure people felt that way about the Devils in the early 00's. 

2 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Teams. I just want to see some new blood in the SCF.

heh.  

yeah, i think that's totally normal.

I realize it's completely hypocritical as I'm sure people felt that way about the Devils in the early 00's. 

Hypocrisy in sports fanship is pretty much a must.  If you get rid of the hypocrisy, you ruin half the fun of rooting for specific teams.

Laughing helps hide the pain. 

As pissed as I am, that wasn't interference. Kesler was holding his own stick, which was pinned under Talbot's pad thanks to Nurse shoving Kesler forward. 

How about next time, try not giving up 64 fucking shots?? I'm sure that had much more to do with the loss. 

On 5/5/2017 at 2:53 AM, Nictarion said:

I absolutely despise watching the Rangers play. They're boring as shit to watch. From a fun perspective, I'd much rather see the Sens move on than the Rags.

7 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

I absolutely despise watching the Rangers play. They're boring as shit to watch. From a fun perspective, I'd much rather see the Sens move on than the Rags.

They rely on Hank so much it's not even funny. What is funny to watch is when their system gets overwhelmed and they get blown off the ice (e.g. last year vs the Pens)

3 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Hmm...that's suprising. Ottawa plays a 1-3-1 very similar to the old Devils system that people hated so much. I wouldn't think many people find them fun to watch other than Karlsson. :dunno:

Ovechkin with a shot from the right circle. What else is new? He's a great one trick pony.

4 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Hmm...that's suprising. Ottawa plays a 1-3-1 very similar to the old Devils system that people hated so much. I wouldn't think many people find them fun to watch other than Karlsson. :dunno:

Yeah they're electric at home. Fun to watch.

ETA:

Did I mention that I hate Tom Wilson? Hope we score on this PP so bad. He's a great reg season agitator but he's the dumbass that doesn't know where the line is in the playoffs and will eventually cost his team.

Archived